users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Tim Tebow Bandwagon
Tim Tebow Bandwagon
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2011-12-12 02:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you watch him throw too, it should disgust you. Lefties usually have beautiful spirals...this dude throws potatoes all over the place ><
By zahrah 2011-12-12 02:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Zefiris said: »
He puts his heart in the game, I think it's sweet. Also, I went to UF at the same time he did, I am biased. :3

McCoy entered UT while I was there, so I feel you on the bias.

Actually, he started the season after the BF punched a hole in my wall during the UT/USC championship game. Reggie Bush should have replaced the drywall! Hopefully that cheating *** will be doing just that soon enough.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2011-12-12 02:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said: »
He puts his heart in the game, I think it's sweet. Also, I went to UF at the same time he did, I am biased. :3

Actually, he started the season after the BF punched a hole in my wall during the UT/USC championchip game. Reggie Bush should have replaced the drywall! Hopefully that cheating *** will be doing just that soon enough.

I wish I could say the same about Chase Daniel lol. Went to Mizzou for 4 years and couldn't stand him but we knew how he was off the field...just sayin lol. Jeremy Maclin though is a tremendous dude off the field, I'll root for him till the day I die...or him retiring :/
[+]
By zahrah 2011-12-12 03:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Neojuggernaut said: »
zahrah said: »

Actually, he started the season after the BF punched a hole in my wall during the UT/USC championchip game. Reggie Bush should have replaced the drywall! Hopefully that cheating *** will be doing just that soon enough.

I wish I could say the same about Chase Daniel lol. Went to Mizzou for 4 years and couldn't stand him but we knew how he was off the field...just sayin lol. Jeremy Maclin though is a tremendous dude off the field, I'll root for him till the day I die...or him retiring :/

Oh! I didn't know McCoy in person. LOL! Reggie Bush played for USC. I just blame him for the hole that was in my wall.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2011-12-12 03:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My best run-in with Chase Daniel was when a friend and I parked for class. She parked at one of the meters and he sat behind us till we got out. At that point he said 'Hey I'm late for class, can I have your spot?' She responds 'Why would I give you my spot?' He says 'I'm Chase Daniel' ...LOL
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-12 09:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Tim Tebow is a drama queen, has been since Florida if not sooner. Remember his senior year when they lost the BCS Championship? Dude cried his eyes out on national television *Inb4 last game/Championship blah blah*. Tebow hasn't accomplished much of anything other than they can barely beat misfit teams at the last second. The current combined record of the teams he's beaten since he's been starter is 39 and 52. The only team worthy of a post season they beat was the Jets and that has so far been considered Sanchez's worst game of the year. Idk, Tim Tebow just reminds me of a 20 ft wrench...giant tool that no one wants to deal with. My two cents :P

Failga!

It's the NFL. Every win is hard-fought. Every win (or at least almost every win) comes with the cost of injuries to one or more of your team's players. Every win increases the chances that your head coach keeps his job next year. Every win takes you one step closer to a playoffs berth. And people didn't coin the term "any given Sunday" for no reason. Even the worst team in the league can surprise you and defeat a "better" team ... it happens all the time, almost every weekend.

Just this season, we've had Tampa Bay defeat Atlanta and New Orleans, Kansas City defeat Oakland (in a 28-0 shutout), St. Louis defeat New Orleans, and Philadelphia blow-out Dallas 34-7. Like I said, it isn't rare.
So, trying to "qualify" or "asterisk" Tebow's success is myopic and ... dumb ... almost desperate.

What Tim Tebow is proving, to many people's chagrin, is that one CAN, in fact, succeed as a QB in the NFL with a "formula" other than the prototypical tall pocket-passer with boorish arm strength and a "gun-slinger" mentality. Tebow's winning by committing no turnovers, controlling the ball on offense, limiting the other team's time of possession, thus keeping the score low and his team's defense fresh/rested for the 4th quarter. He'll never light-up the scoreboard like Aaron Rodgers, but the Broncos post more W's than L's, who the f*ck cares?

Here's the facts:
Winning percentage this season, by starting NFL QB's, minimum 5 starts:

Aaron Rodgers 13-0 (100%)
Tim Tebow 7-1 (88%)
Tom Brady 10-3 (78%)
Drew Brees 10-3 (78%)
Ben Roethlisberger 10-3 (78%)
Alex Smith 10-3 (78%)
Matt Schaub 7-3 (70%)
Matt Ryan 8-5 (62%)
Matt Stafford 8-5 (62%)
Mark Sanchez 8-5 (62%)
Eli Manning 7-6 (54%)
Tony Romo 7-6 (54%)
Philip Rivers 6-7 (46%)

As you can see here, it ain't easy to win more than 75% of your games as a QB in the NFL, no matter who you are, or who you're playing against.

Hate if you wanna hate, but Tim Tebow is the man ... and even if he's not the man, he's certainly better than anyone else Denver could put on the field right now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-12-12 10:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you watch him throw too, it should disgust you. Lefties usually have beautiful spirals...this dude throws potatoes all over the place ><

He started off throwing a lot like a college passer. The throws are better and better.

But I don't know what could possibly make a ball thrown by any given lefty be prettier than any given righty... please tell me, cause I am a proud lefty and love hearing that stuff! :)
 Bahamut.Herrmann
Server: Bahamut
user: Herrmann
By Bahamut.Herrmann 2011-12-12 10:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
Server: Carbuncle
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2011-12-12 10:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I can mostly agree with that you're saying Elana, except the broncos have posted 30+ points on 2-3 occasions.

@ the Reggie Bush talk, he was given money for his services so do many many college kids. I've stated previously on the subject myself and a few classmates were offered extra money to play for some schools.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-12-12 10:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

FOOOOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Run Forrest RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
 Siren.Obliterate
Server: Siren
user: TBMC
By Siren.Obliterate 2011-12-12 10:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Tebow's greatest strength is that he is a natural leader that inspires all of the other players on his team to play to their full potential. He is not the most accurate passer, greatest scrambler, or best decision maker.

He is a very humble player that takes no credit for anything and always gives full credit to the players on his team rather than himself.

Seems like all people like to do is bash the guy about how he can't do this or that, or that he prays to God during games.

You know what big deal if he prays to God during games makes him a stronger person doing things like that knowing that people are going to say its wrong or stupid instead of not doing it just to blend in.

The man is 7-1 as a starter and brought his losing team from close to top of the draft boards to playoff contention so seriously give him his credit.

Oh and one last thing, unless you have suited up in pads and have been out there on the field (or at least been a coach for that matter), don't try to make comments and expect them to have any weight on the subject.

P.S
This is also coming from a life long Vikings fan not a Broncos fan.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-12-19 06:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Patriots 41
Broncos 23

XD Brady beat dat azz,

but in all serious, i thought it was a good game, kinda of a hard game to watch, because I like Brady , and I like Tebow

It probably would have been alot closer, but those turnovers hurt the broncos really bad

In a weird way this game might be good for broncos, now they have a goal of where they need to be.

alot of upsets yesterday, the biggest 1 being the Packers losing. >_<
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-12-19 08:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. Not only turnovers, but also some pretty poorly timed penalties, too. But even when it was a 11 or ever 18 point game, it was still exciting. I think the defense was just worn out, though, after the second quarter where the Broncos offense only ran four plays.

I think it's good, though: It seems like Tebow made some smarter decisions and continues to get better. That's encouraging.

The Patriots were... just the Patriots. They're an amazing team: just the way they operate is so collected and cool. I especially remember when Brady was sacked. It was a pretty hard (looking) and (it looked like a) surprising hit, but it really didn't seem to phase Brady at all... just got back up like he was getting out of a chair.

ALways fun to watch, though.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-12-19 08:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Tebow isn't really a great passing QB, but he does run around well.

Orton took down the pack!

Colts finally won a game!

Also, the broncos win over the Bears was only because Marion Barber ran out of bounds...

All in all I'm kind of tired of the tebow mania but once it settles down I think i'll be able to look at him in a better light.
 Fenrir.Kelyn
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2011-12-19 09:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how so many people have ridiculed, demeaned, and criticized Tebow at every opportunity because he puts God first. We can't have that! Get out the torches and pitchforks; we're gonna burn this religious Jesus loving fanatic at the stake!

If he was a Muslim, the liberal left would be salivating about how wonderful he is.... How unique he is... How much he has suffered at the hands of his fellow christian teammates for his religious convictions.... He would be their hero.

I just like to watch him play football.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-12-24 23:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So I fell asleep watching the game (didnt sleep last night thought i could make it), they were ahead by 7 against the bills, woke up they were getting blown out.

Now I have to watch sportcenter, so I can see what happend lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-25 00:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kelyn said: »
I love how so many people have ridiculed, demeaned, and criticized Tebow at every opportunity because he puts God first.
Close, but not quite. The way he does it is very showy yet doesn't really communicate any sort of strong faith.

He's also become rather annoying through no fault of his own due to the sheer number of people who jumped on his nuts. Is it really surprising that an anti-bandwagon-bandwagon pops up when you can't go half an hour without hearing his name on any sports show?

also dem delicious tebow tears
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-12-25 01:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Was never a fan of Tebow in college and I still don't think he will ever be a great QB. That being said he is a great leader, a great athlete and has more of a fighting spirit than your average QB.

Mainly I just wanted to post this from First Take because I got a good chuckle from it.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-12-25 01:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kelyn said: »
I love how so many people have ridiculed, demeaned, and criticized Tebow at every opportunity because he puts God first. We can't have that! Get out the torches and pitchforks; we're gonna burn this religious Jesus loving fanatic at the stake!

If he was a Muslim, the liberal left would be salivating about how wonderful he is.... How unique he is... How much he has suffered at the hands of his fellow christian teammates for his religious convictions.... He would be their hero.

I just like to watch him play football.

BAAAAAAAAAW BAAAAAAAAAW.

No, I criticize him because he's ostentatious. If he was a Muslim I'd mock his praying *** just as hard. You're not *** there to pray, you're there to play football.

Remember how hard Ochochinco got criticized for all his silly antics? Same ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-12-25 02:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought this was a thread about tebowing. This guy is a moron.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-01-04 07:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So..... Him and the broncos made it to the playoffs, they play the Steelers first round

Honestly even though I hate the steelers more then any other team in the NFL (I'm a Cowboys fan >_>) I think they're going to destroy the broncos...... I'll give the Broncos a 5% chance of beating the Steelers at best, but you never know......

Team I feel the most sorry for is The Texans, they make to the playoffs for the first time in franchise history, but they've lost their 1st and 2nd string quarterback, and I remember hearing something that their 3rd string quarterback could be hurt.
 Caitsith.Sai
Server: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2012-01-04 08:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
So..... Him and the broncos made it to the playoffs, they play the Steelers first round

Honestly even though I hate the steelers more then any other team in the NFL (I'm a Cowboys fan >_>) I think they're going to destroy the broncos...... I'll give the Broncos a 5% chance of beating the Steelers at best, but you never know......

Team I feel the most sorry for is The Texans, they make to the playoffs for the first time in franchise history, but they've lost their 1st and 2nd string quarterback, and I remember hearing something that their 3rd string quarterback could be hurt.

Yates suffered a separated left shoulder. Non throwing arm so its not a problem, he will start on Sat. Texans are going to roll Cincy btw, we'll see what happens in Balt next week.
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2012-01-08 19:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured I'd just bump this to see what happens.
 Diabolos.Neclord
Server: Diabolos
user: Neclord
By Diabolos.Neclord 2012-01-08 19:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tebow!!
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2012-01-08 19:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No chance on Saturday. Pats offense is way too good.
 Diabolos.Neclord
Server: Diabolos
user: Neclord
By Diabolos.Neclord 2012-01-08 19:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

should make for a good game tho, best bud is a broncos fan, im niners fan just like old times next saturday.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-01-08 19:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

TEEEEBOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
No chance on Saturday. Pats offense is way too good.
Meh, they said the same about Denver's #31 ranked offense vs. Pitt's #1 ranked defense. Not saying a win against the Pats will be likely, but anything can happen in the postseason.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-01-08 19:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

And, regardless, it's not only an improvement of last season, but an improvement beyond their expectations. On top of that, from what I see, they are improving as they go. I think that whatever happens next week, win or lose, the season has been a great success.
[+]
 Sylph.Mesheef
Server: Sylph
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-01-08 19:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

First thing is first, I hate the Bronco's, and I despise the Tim Tebow hype.

Now that that is out of the way, why are people trying to rip Tim Tebow a new one for not being and, "All-Star QB?"
This is his first season as a Starter, and he didn't even start til what game 5/6?
Give him time to develop see how he does in 2/3 seasons of starting then if he is still running on prayer's you can rip him then.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-01-08 19:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mesheef said: »
First thing is first, I hate the Bronco's, and I despise the Tim Tebow hype.

Now that that is out of the way, why are people trying to rip Tim Tebow a new one for not being and, "All-Star QB?"
This is his first season as a Starter, and he didn't even start til what game 5/6?
Give him time to develop see how he does in 2/3 seasons of starting then if he is still running on prayer's you can rip him then.
You have made it a challenge for me to deduce anything from what you have said.