Tim Tebow Bandwagon
First Page 2 3
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-12-11 21:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Discuss how good you think Tim Tebow really is. Do you think the Broncos are going to go far in the playoffs if they get there?

He's so bandwagon right now but curious he's no Brady, Rodgers or Brees but discuss!
By Wenuden 2011-12-11 21:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Who?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-12-11 21:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

FOOOOOOOOOOTBAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-12-11 21:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Mag, that's... scary.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-11 21:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Tim Tebow thread... really? :(

Well, he isn't the paradigm of an elite quarterback, but there's something to be said about his intangibles. I think his work ethic and insatiable desire to win will get him far.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-11 22:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

He wins, what more do u want?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-12-11 22:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha said: »
lol Mag, that's... scary.
No, what's scary is that you don't wanna play some FOOOOOOTTTTBAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
Server: Carbuncle
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2011-12-11 22:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 2 INT in 8 games, 7-1 record. Pretty good for a guy they practically threw away.
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-11 22:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Best football player I know.
[+]
 Asura.Ezrin
Server: Asura
user: Dioxide
By Asura.Ezrin 2011-12-11 22:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said: »
Best football player I know.
You mean Foosball.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-12-11 22:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that originally, he didn't get much of a shot in the media - inside and outside of Colorado. Then last here, he showed that he was pretty exciting to watch, and A LOT of people fell in love. I think they were overreacting too.

I've always liked him - he seems like a nice, good guy, and at least as a person is good fit to QB the Broncos. And, it's really a good time watching them play - I'm a Broncos fan, but even so, it's just exciting to watch. And, from everything I hear, he's been a great teammate and leader, helping the team out a lot, and that, of course, makes me happy.

I really hope he does well. Hasn't been tested against the very best - both of the "good" teams we've played seem to be falling from grace. But, at the same time, he's getting better all the time, and expectations were pretty low regardless this year.

(Also, I liked Kyle Orton - but, him being between Cutler and Tebow... he didn't really have a chance here.)

inb4 this becomes a gridiron football vs traditional football thread.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2011-12-11 22:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought he was a great HS/College QB. I didn't think he'd have this much success in the NFL though, boy was I wrong. Usually very good at knowing which college guys will do well and won't. pleasant surprise actually being from Colorado. :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-11 23:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Tebow has intangibles that other guys just don't. You can't really put your finger on it, and you can't define it easily ... but he just has that mysterious "X factor" that makes him a winner while other guys that have better measurable and tangible strengths can end up being losers (Ryan Leaf anyone?).

Anyways, enjoy:
[+]
 Alexander.Sumo
Server: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2011-12-11 23:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

From the moment he was drafted, I always said that at his best, he'd be a mediocre quarterback. Statistically, he's very subpar. His mechanics are flawed. His playbook knowledge of a traditional NFL offense is laughable. However, his intangibles and his desire to win and be the best that he can is what makes him special. Teammates feed off of that kind of attitude. While he himself may be lacking in skill, he makes the players around him better. He's a leader. Success in football is based on wins and losses. Tim Tebow wins.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-12-11 23:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Sumo said: »
From the moment he was drafted, I always said that at his best, he'd be a mediocre quarterback. Statistically, he's very subpar. His mechanics are flawed. His playbook knowledge of a traditional NFL offense is laughable. However, his intangibles and his desire to win and be the best that he can is what makes him special. Teammates feed off of that kind of attitude. While he himself may be lacking in skill, he makes the players around him better. He's a leader. Success in football is based on wins and losses. Tim Tebow wins.

this, though I don't think it'll last.
By zahrah 2011-12-11 23:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Old news, but I'm still sour over Tebow being picked long before Colt McCoy in the draft. :/

Anyhow, I never expected his career to take off the way that it has.
 Alexander.Sumo
Server: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2011-12-11 23:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I was never crazy about Colt for a couple of reasons. I always thought he was too small to be productive QB. I also thought his arm was too weak. I do think he's a pretty tough kid though, especially after coming back from that hit Harrison gave him. If Cleveland can ever get him some decent WR's for him to throw to, then i'll be able to give him a fair assessment. No fun trying to judge a guy who has no offense to speak of around him.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-12-11 23:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure how i feel about tebow yet, but I do enjoy watching those close 4th quarter wins

Im a cowboys fan, and they have also had alot of close games, and i just saw them loose to the giants...

Im upset with the loss, but maybee that means jason garret will be fired.
 Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2011-12-11 23:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tim Tebow is a *** MAN!
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-12-12 00:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hes kinda like the Brd on the broncos team...........
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-12-12 00:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For sure, he looked very far from ready - at first. But over the past few weeks, he's improved noticeably. Better throws, smarter reads. He's still not all the way there, but I think that it shows that he may have the potential to get there, whereas before, it was kind of a flat out, "no." That, coupled with his extras... pretty fun atm! And hey, there's plenty of people saying things like, "he's young and still adapting and improving," about other youngish quarterbacks with even more experience. I think it could work out.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-12-12 00:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I also think alot of people that play against tebow don't hate him, even when tebow got picked he congratulated the other team member afterwords.
By Zefiris 2011-12-12 00:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Tebow's like a Christmas (Holiday >.>) gift, he makes you feel all happy and excited, even if it's not the exact thing you were hoping for. He's a nice guy, fun to watch and cheer for, and seems to be doing a damn good job. I realize he's not the best at what he does, in a technical sense, but he provides quite a bit of entertainment. Don't forget, this is American football, not the Olympics. :p

He puts his heart in the game, I think it's sweet. Also, I went to UF at the same time he did, I am biased. :3
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-12-12 00:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

there real test is next week though, there taking on the patriots.
 Bismarck.Veruna
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2011-12-12 00:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tim Tebow........ WINNING.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-12-12 01:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I think the guy is a *** with all his religious mumbo jumbo. Can't hate on his game though. Broncos are in control of their own playoff destiny.
[+]
By zahrah 2011-12-12 01:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fistandantilus said: »
Personally I think the guy is a *** with all his religious mumbo jumbo. Can't hate on his game though. Broncos are in control of their own playoff destiny.

Didn't really want to say anything, but I always thought he was kind of a douche-kaboose even when he played for Florida.
[+]
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2011-12-12 02:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tim Tebow is a drama queen, has been since Florida if not sooner. Remember his senior year when they lost the BCS Championship? Dude cried his eyes out on national television *Inb4 last game/Championship blah blah*. Tebow hasn't accomplished much of anything other than they can barely beat misfit teams at the last second. The current combined record of the teams he's beaten since he's been starter is 39 and 52. The only team worthy of a post season they beat was the Jets and that has so far been considered Sanchez's worst game of the year. Idk, Tim Tebow just reminds me of a 20 ft wrench...giant tool that no one wants to deal with. My two cents :P
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-12-12 02:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I am shocked no one has told him "hey just pretend its the 4th quarter ALL THE TIME." Every game, for 3 quarters he is a statistical nightmare that looks like he doesn't belong in the NFL, then the 4th quarter starts.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-12 02:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw him play today, and he had a couple decent plays (i only watched bits and pieces, since I was at work), and none of those plays were passes. Just sayin'.
First Page 2 3