LM-17 Changed To LM-31?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » LM-17 changed to LM-31?
LM-17 changed to LM-31?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-06-12 12:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I guess those people who've been multiboxing for a decade, are reported 20 times a day and do bot yet have never been banned are just lucky.

Yeah, that must be it. That or they have an insider protecting them.

lol i actually felt the snark in that post
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-12 13:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it that when someone admits to being banned, nine times out of ten they "ain't done nothin'"?

I could see how a multi boxer could resemble a botter but really, if that's truly the case, a few GM tells could dispel that accusation very quickly.

I used to know a guy who had a bot that was so well scripted you could almost swear it was controlled by an actual person. He doesn't play anymore, but if he did he'd probably end up banned due to extensive use of third party programs.

Now, I'm not condemning anyone. Most of us here use Windower at the very least, which is against the ToS. To me there's a bug difference between Windower and POS hacking. Yes, technically they're both cheating. One breaks the game, though. The other is a customized set of QoL improvements.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-12 13:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh. They're either both cheating or both QoL improvements. I say that not because I think POS hacking is minor but because of some of the things that windower is able to do (in fact about the only thing I can think of that you can't do in windower is abuse movement speed or pos hacking).
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-12 13:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, while some are subjective, most are objective.

There is a huge difference between (examples) TParty, Plasticsurgeon or distance and POS hacking.

As a general rule, if your "cheat" will impact other players "directly", it's bad, and by bad, I mean the community is going to frown upon you and said "cheat".

There is an unofficial ranking of the "cheats". There are the "we'll close our eyes on this one, it's harmless", the "you *** up, but it's not that bad" and the "you *** up and now you're gone".

POS hacking is in the second category. The plugins or the use of Windower itself are in the first category.

First category may yield a punishment, or none, second category will yield a punishment and third category is a goodbye.

So, yes, there is a real difference between each "cheats". People can be "muh feels" all they want, rules don't really care about feels. See it as "one is giving a bruise to someone, the other is breaking his arm and the last one is killing him".

And then, even if someone uses a specific "cheat", depending on the use the impact will be completely different, so once again, you can't just lump them in the same category.

TL;DR: What did FFXI teach most of us? ***is situational. No, using Windower "in an average way" has never been and will never be in the same ballpark as using proper cheat tools.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-06-12 15:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
I guess those people who've been multiboxing for a decade, are reported 20 times a day and do bot yet have never been banned are just lucky.

Yeah, that must be it. That or they have an insider protecting them.

lol i actually felt the snark in that post

It's like they can't understand things are now different and much harsher. I don't agree with what SE's doing, I think it's very stupid and resulting in a ton of collateral damage, but I don't make the rules and just try to play and enjoy.
By zaxtiss 2015-06-12 15:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

was mostly doing tojil and using them for buffs ffor CPinng in places that yuou cant soloin
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-12 15:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering I know people who have used lua scripts in windower to make cure bots and bard bots (never mind the no knockback plugin), I disagree with your 3 tiers.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-12 16:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Read the spoiler big boy.

But if you think that those things are "bad", then you clearly have never witnessed the early days of Windower which gave access to things much worse than Clipper will ever do.

That's tier 2 for the bots, 3 for the knock back.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-12 16:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A spoiler in that context makes no sense, if it's part of your argument it should be visible. I also don't recall seeing it the first time I read your post.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2015-06-12 16:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bottom line, if u dont want to get banned, dont multi box. I know ppl that clipper all day and they dont get banned, but a buddy of mine thats playing vanilla and multi boxing has had 3 of his 7 charactets suspended in the past 2 months. Personally i dont see a problem with either because it doesnt effect me.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-12 17:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There's nothing inherently wrong with multiboxing, though. If you do it using multiple systems without third party tools, you aren't even breaking the ToS (as far as I know).

I know that most people who 2+box use Windower or Ashita, though, simply so they can have multiple instances of FFXI running on one system.
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Tsubasa Ryunosuke 2015-06-12 17:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Boogerballs said: »
Bottom line-blah blah blah-not to get banned-blah blah blah-

*Is more focused on the name*

( โ—‘โ—กโ—‘) I'm sorry did you say something?
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-12 21:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I never had a good time multiboxing on two systems. It's so much faster to alt tab when you realize you're on the wrong screen than to move from one keyboard to the next. Perhaps with practice that gets easier. It also doesn't help that both of my characters are the same height and white haired mithra.
 Siren.Fattynoob
Server: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-06-12 22:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i prefer 2 systems imo. 1 hand each keyboard, your muscles remember finger placements.
 Sylph.Ryogo
Server: Sylph
user: Rolypoly
By Sylph.Ryogo 2015-06-13 02:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Who is still calling GMs these days? For what? Please post in this thread and tell us you do/have and why. I just can't see it. It made sense once upon a time, but why now?

OP, yes perma now can be LM-31. Source: Me :/

But they still let you play XIV on same account. ;/ ;/ ;/ wtf
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-06-13 03:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Boogerballs said: »
a buddy of mine thats playing vanilla and multi boxing has had 3 of his 7 charactets suspended in the past 2 months

Playing vanilla, with 7 characters? I really doubt that.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-06-13 06:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

my alt got banned on the 10th of june i haven't even logged him in since mid may lol guess that saves me from having to remember to cancel it
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-06-14 00:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

my alt got banned on the 10th of june i haven't even logged him in since mid may lol guess that saves me from having to remember to cancel it

It seems SE is finally catching up to past offenses but the bans are being really weird. I have a friend on ffxi that got temp ban 3 weeks ago for 3 days, signed back on game but got busy with rl so stayed logged in town for the last 3 weeks barely doing anything on game (not using any 3rd party tools, etc), and his character got perm ban other day while standing in town, which is pretty much all he been doing since his gf dragged him off for a rl. lol

He would occasionally leave town to do few things but behaved without 3rd party stuff. Seems you cannot keep characters up bazaaring for days on end without logging out or SE might get you.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-06-14 00:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ryogo said: »
Who is still calling GMs these days? For what? Please post in this thread and tell us you do/have and why. I just can't see it. It made sense once upon a time, but why now?

I personally never call GM's on people (think I called a GM 2x the whole time I been playing but wasn't to complain about people but more tech issues way back like 5 years ago) but just the other day someone was complaining in shout about botters doing CP botting, and said they called a GM on them etc.

I know before the one of the latest mass bans (before Vagary) it really sucked to try to get merits and cp in Foret or Morimar cause of all the RMT botters farming sparks. Since SE did all the bans it pretty much took care of that issue.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-06-14 05:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

the explanation i got was rmt lol the *** ? 4 chars on that account maybe 200k between the lot
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-06-14 10:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Asura.Cyleena said: »

It seems SE is finally catching up to past offenses but the bans are being really weird. I have a friend on ffxi that got temp ban 3 weeks ago for 3 days, signed back on game but got busy with rl so stayed logged in town for the last 3 weeks barely doing anything on game (not using any 3rd party tools, etc), and his character got perm ban other day while standing in town, which is pretty much all he been doing since his gf dragged him off for a rl. lol

He would occasionally leave town to do few things but behaved without 3rd party stuff. Seems you cannot keep characters up bazaaring for days on end without logging out or SE might get you.
your friend never cheated in the past? that's odd they would ban just for idling; I've had chars just sitting in town or mog garden/mog house for weeks at a time for years and have never gotten so much as a warning

Well you would think the temp ban was for anything he did in the past but I do know once they started mass banning he made sure to not do anything to draw attention to himself. Once he got the temp ban he stayed in town basically doing nothing then got a perm 3 weeks later, so idk if it was still for past things that he might have done or not. I have been hearing of a lot of people standing around getting banned but it could be SE catching up from things done in the past, idk. I heard they ban people for standing in town too much because they say they could be RMT.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-14 13:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They're not banning you for standing in town. I never log out unless my internet goes down. It sounds like they're going back in the logs and finding older offenses. It does suck that they permaed for something earlier to the three day ban though.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-14 15:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that the "weird" cases are always full of ***.
This guy cheated and got hit for it. Then he got perma banned while being supposedly clean.

It just doesn't work. The way the case is presented, logic alone tells you that this guy is 99,99999999% (add a lot more 9s) full of ***. And the problem with threads like these is that every single time it's the same song.

"I did something wrong but then I stopped, I swear!". Yeah, sure, this is why you (you = the people who faced this situation) got perma, because you decided to suddenly be a good boy but SE are cruel monsters that rather perma you for no good reason.

The flute, the *** flute.

And beyond the flute that is being played by those people, do you realize how you (in this case, you = you) are naive as *** to believe it? It's like a beaten wife that believes her husband when he tells her for the 27th time in one year that he will stop beating her.

I'm naive as *** myself but this is next level.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-06-14 21:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that the "weird" cases are always full of ***.
This guy cheated and got hit for it. Then he got perma banned while being supposedly clean.

It just doesn't work. The way the case is presented, logic alone tells you that this guy is 99,99999999% (add a lot more 9s) full of ***. And the problem with threads like these is that every single time it's the same song.

"I did something wrong but then I stopped, I swear!". Yeah, sure, this is why you (you = the people who faced this situation) got perma, because you decided to suddenly be a good boy but SE are cruel monsters that rather perma you for no good reason.

The flute, the *** flute.

And beyond the flute that is being played by those people, do you realize how you (in this case, you = you) are naive as *** to believe it? It's like a beaten wife that believes her husband when he tells her for the 27th time in one year that he will stop beating her.

I'm naive as *** myself but this is next level.
I never said I believed it. lol. I just said that I saw him standing around in town a lot. I have no idea if he did any 3rd party stuff after his temp ban. I do not live at his house and see his screen, so do not "assume" I believe everything what was said. I know he rarely did events with his event shell, but had another shell for social, and I saw him in town a lot standing around doing nothing is all I said and could verify. I have no clue what he did when I wasn't on or around him, so do not jump to conclusions. :)

In addition, I have heard multiple people say that after the mass bans they "claim" they stopped using 3rd party tools but still got banned (not saying they all telling the truth either), but since SE was sooo lax on banning for a long time and then started banning like crazy who knows the real truth of what is going on and if it is not stuff from the past being brought up again in these bans. Me or you do not work for SE so can not really speak up what is going on with them.
By caseyanthony 2015-06-14 21:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

He likes to claim he was a gm in the past, not that he has any clue about all the recent bans like he thinks he does.
[+]
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-06-14 21:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

caseyanthony said: »
He likes to claim he was a gm in the past, not that he has any clue about all the recent bans like he thinks he does.

Ohhh its that guy....ok no wonder. lol Thanks for reminding me. Have not been on forums for a little while, so did not recognize him.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-14 22:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no clue about the recent bans for the simple reason that the people around me happen to not be mouth breathers unlike the example exposed daily on those forums.

The main issue people are facing when they are trying to understand something around here is the ignorance of the average FFXI player that can only communicate through his ego.
By Draylo 2015-06-14 22:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no clue about the recent bans for the simple reason that the people around me happen to not be mouth breathers unlike the example exposed daily on those forums.

The main issue people are facing when they are trying to understand something around here is the ignorance of the average FFXI player that can only communicate through his ego.

Says the guy with the biggest ego, "I was a GM" every post.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-14 22:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That has nothing to do with my ego, I'm merely stating what I once did.
The fact that you, among other kids, see it as an ego trip and that your child ego is hurt (annoyed, whatever you want to call it) by it doesn't make it something based off my ego.