LM-17 Changed To LM-31?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » LM-17 changed to LM-31?
LM-17 changed to LM-31?
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Astroglide
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Astroglide 2011-07-27 06:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

so 5 months ago astroglide was banned for irregular credit card activity (no i didnt use 3rd party tools except windower) i was LM-17 perma banned. i submitted a ban complaint and just now i logged into pol and i got an LM-31...

"Due to either an unresolved issue with service fees or a violation of the PlayOnline or FINAL FANTASY XI agreements, PlayOnline services have been suspended. Please contact the Square Enix Support Center for details (LM-31)"

does anyone know exactly what LM-31 means? am i actually getting my account back?
By Flionheart 2011-07-27 06:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems to be a new error code. Probably because previously an LM-17 would be given to those with bank issues, and even though it said permaban it wasn't. I myself had an LM-17 and contacted SE, and got my account back. This is probably just a new error code to specify bank issues.
 Asura.Astroglide
By Asura.Astroglide 2011-07-27 06:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i cant remember exactly what my lm-17 said but 100% sure it said it was perma.
By Flionheart 2011-07-27 06:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My LM-17 said the same thing. I phoned SE and got my account back.
 Asura.Taichui
user: Taichui
By Asura.Taichui 2011-07-28 12:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a LM31 for using third party tools and breaking the rules and agreements over 1000 times from my final warning email so cant be billing lmfao
 Asura.Taichui
user: Taichui
By Asura.Taichui 2011-07-28 12:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Mate just GMed this. This warning is because they cannot transfer your POL ID to the SE ID due to whatever reason you were LM17ed for therefore requiring you to call them for your account back if there is a problem or once again to be told you lost the game.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [793 days between previous and next post]
By Kadoj 2013-09-28 02:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

LM-31 means permanently banned for a or multiple violations of the user agreement.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-09-28 02:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [532 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Payyn
Server: Lakshmi
user: ffpayne05
By Lakshmi.Payyn 2015-03-13 18:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

LM-31 is a non recoverable perma ban and they don't have to give a reason why they did it. My character was afk while a friend allowed me to leech Capacity points. The email I received said I was cheating/botting. I guess standing in 1 spot for too long has to be a 3rd party megabot. Keep in mind I've never been banned or had a GM called on me before so it can't be a multiple offense ban.
 Lakshmi.Payyn
By Lakshmi.Payyn 2015-03-13 18:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if you try to contact SE about this ban they either disconnect from the live chat or hang-up on you... It happened to me twice.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-13 18:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-13 18:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you know if they were botting?

That might be why you got hit.
 Lakshmi.Payyn
By Lakshmi.Payyn 2015-03-13 22:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

They weren't botting.. that I'm aware of anyway. The person letting me leech got a 3day, but my character (the afk guy) perma banned character deleted.
By missdivine 2015-03-13 22:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

LM-31 =perma ban
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2015-03-13 23:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, see you all in a couple hundred days.
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2015-03-14 07:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Payyn said: »
They weren't botting.. that I'm aware of anyway. The person letting me leech got a 3day, but my character (the afk guy) perma banned character deleted.

Someone probably assumed and just sent in a ban report without thinking. I know several people guilty of that who ended up ruining a lot of people's views of SE and never fessed up to it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-14 13:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Kei Nagase said: »

Someone probably assumed and just sent in a ban report without thinking. I know several people guilty of that who ended up ruining a lot of people's views of SE and never fessed up to it.

I've yet to hear of a single person using console or vanilla ffxi being banned for botting. It's far more likely they either aren't admitting it or are associating naively with people who don't tell them that they are botting.

I've leeched off friends while afk, knowing fully that they could not while I was afk and not be aware of it, and I would accept the consequences if I was caught.
By Cecilia Charl 2015-03-14 13:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Kei Nagase said: »

I've yet to hear of a single person using console or vanilla ffxi being banned for botting. It's far more likely they either aren't admitting it or are associating naively with people who don't tell them that they are botting.

I've leeched off friends while afk, knowing fully that they could not while I was afk and not be aware of it, and I would accept the consequences if I was caught.

That's not entirely what I am speaking about. I am referring to someone making false accusations, which happened a lot when FFXI had a bigger population. This is mostly because peoplee got mad at others for NM claims or they just wanted to spite the other party. I've seen it happen, and it happened to me until I got pissed off at SE and told them that if they hang up on me one more time I will start recording them doing this and post it on the internet. Well they started taking me seriously and did an investigation into the matter, took a grand total of 4 months but eventually I was able to log back into the game, with everything back.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [90 days between previous and next post]
By zaxtiss 2015-06-12 07:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

EHHHNNN F U SE there it is LM31 > < havent botting but tri boxing i guess SE dont like having more money!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-12 08:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
EHHHNNN F U SE there it is LM31 > < havent botting but tri boxing i guess SE dont like having more money!
What were you doing while trio-boxing?
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-12 11:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible you have some sort of payment error?
By Draylo 2015-06-12 11:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By ClaudeusXI 2015-06-12 11:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been dboxing too, not using anything outside of windower on my characters. My Alt gets lm-31. Warning email referred to 2.1 of the user agreement, which is about cheating/betting. I guess being on /follow, buffing and tossing a cure now and then while farming job points was cheating somehow. Now I feel like half the player I was, and without my sidekick it just doesn't fit my playing style. Wonder how this so-called "investigation" they referred to works, if they don't know about /follow and lockstyle.
By Tsubasa Ryunosuke 2015-06-12 11:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
....I hate you...I was about to post it...
By Draylo 2015-06-12 11:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ClaudeusXI said: »
I've been dboxing too, not using anything outside of windower on my characters. My Alt gets lm-31. Warning email referred to 2.1 of the user agreement, which is about cheating/betting. I guess being on /follow, buffing and tossing a cure now and then while farming job points was cheating somehow. Now I feel like half the player I was, and without my sidekick it just doesn't fit my playing style. Wonder how this so-called "investigation" they referred to works, if they don't know about /follow and lockstyle.

Doesn't make sense, you weren't using any programs for movement speed at all? How long were you doing CP farming for? Was the mule on a bot?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-06-12 11:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't make sense, you weren't using any programs for movement speed at all? How long were you doing CP farming for? Was the mule on a bot?

Someone saw him and had several send reports to a GM who just banned him. I know several people that had this happen to this, and no they didn't' use any cheats either. Chances are he was in the same place for too long and people though he was botting. Lately word has gotten out that SE is cracking down, so there have been many "vigilante" players going around reporting anyone they suspect might be doing something like that and getting their friends and LS mates to do the same.
By Tsubasa Ryunosuke 2015-06-12 12:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Someone saw him and had several send reports to a GM who just banned him. I know several people that had this happen to this, and no they didn't' use any cheats either. Chances are he was in the same place for too long and people though he was botting. Lately word has gotten out that SE is cracking down, so there have been many "vigilante" players going around reporting anyone they suspect might be doing something like that and getting their friends and LS mates to do the same.

Yeah and speed up the game's death. Great job banning legitimate players.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-12 12:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess those people who've been multiboxing for a decade, are reported 20 times a day and do bot yet have never been banned are just lucky.

Yeah, that must be it. That or they have an insider protecting them.
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2015-06-12 12:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have patience for farming long, and I do not use any automated stuff. I farm when Trizek charge is on. With 4 trust for support I only needed to watch the other screen to hit indi-haste and the occasional Cure if kupipi ran out of MP midnight. People pass by, but why they should report my Alt I have no clue.
First Page 2 3