Link | Quote | Reply

DONE!
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2011-07-22 20:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

the penalty for returning when KOed is WAY too high...
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-07-23 06:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
the penalty for returning when KOed is WAY too high...

The +-1 inventory for repair mats mad up for that!
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2011-07-23 14:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Update is very gatherer friendly. just got 2200 from a r30 leve at 31 fisher. was getting around 400-1000 on grade 5 also

I would advise against using the manuals from the grand companies unless you are really desperate for SP. gives a +50% boost to SP for 3 hours or what appears to be a 5k bonus SP cap
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-23 16:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the KO penalty now?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-07-23 17:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Depends if you return, or get raised, or die and get raised while already weak..

Quote:
[dev1091] KO penalties have been adjusted.

Weakness

Players who are raised will be afflicted with the Weakness status, which has the following negative effects:
25% HP reduction
25% MP reduction

Brink of Death

Players who are KO’d when under the effect of Weakness and are subsequently raised will be subjected to the Brink of Death status, which inflicts the following negative effects:
50% HP reduction
50% MP reduction
50% attack power reduction
50% magic potency reduction
50% defense reduction
50% magic defense reduction

Return

A further penalty will apply to equipment durability for players who revive themselves via the Return command.

[dev1032] The following conjurer-specific spells have been introduced:

Raise II

Restore the breath of life, reviving a KO’d target.
Weakness and Brink of Death effects last for 1 minute.
Learned: Conjurer, Rank 38
Cast Time: 10 sec. Recast Time: 2.5 min. / MP Cost: 186 / Action Bar Cost: 2

Rebirth

Target suffers no Weakness or Brink of Death effects.
Learned: Conjurer, Rank 50
Cast Time: 10 sec. Recast Time: 30 min. / MP Cost: 231 / Action Bar Cost: 2

I haven't actually looked at the penalty to durability by returning, but I'm estimating it somewhere around 10-15%
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-23 17:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not too bad.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-23 19:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i actually like the new penalties, i actually feel like i don't wanna die now. In XI, when exp was still a pain to get, i practically avoided death like it would actually kill me XD also nice a lot more people have access to raise
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-07-23 19:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:
i actually like the new penalties, i actually feel like i don't wanna die now. In XI, when exp was still a pain to get, i practically avoided death like it would actually kill me XD also nice a lot more people have access to raise
I didn't wanna die before, walking back is almost always a pain the ***.. Short of leves when you die, you usually have a 5 minute or so walk ahead of you.. I'm lazy.
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2011-07-24 11:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Depends if you return, or get raised, or die and get raised while already weak..

Quote:
[dev1091] KO penalties have been adjusted.

Weakness

Players who are raised will be afflicted with the Weakness status, which has the following negative effects:
25% HP reduction
25% MP reduction

Brink of Death

Players who are KO’d when under the effect of Weakness and are subsequently raised will be subjected to the Brink of Death status, which inflicts the following negative effects:
50% HP reduction
50% MP reduction
50% attack power reduction
50% magic potency reduction
50% defense reduction
50% magic defense reduction

Return

A further penalty will apply to equipment durability for players who revive themselves via the Return command.

[dev1032] The following conjurer-specific spells have been introduced:

Raise II

Weakness and Brink of Death effects last for 1 minute.
Learned: Conjurer, Rank 38
Cast Time: 10 sec. Recast Time: 2.5 min. / MP Cost: 186 / Action Bar Cost: 2

Rebirth

Target suffers no Weakness or Brink of Death effects.
Learned: Conjurer, Rank 50
Cast Time: 10 sec. Recast Time: 30 min. / MP Cost: 231 / Action Bar Cost: 2

I haven't actually looked at the penalty to durability by returning, but I'm estimating it somewhere around 10-15%

it appears to be about a 10% loss to all gear for NQ gear and about 7-8% if the gear is HQ
By Kurokikaze01 2011-07-25 14:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For the backseat drivers:

[+]
By Fouluryu 2011-07-26 02:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like how some of my physical moves to engage battle requires Mp.

Improvements or not still made me yawn after a few hours of playing.

I still stand by my comments that repairs should be removed completely from the game. I want my performance of weapons and combat to be 100% and not be gimped based on reduction of weapon duration.

Leveling is now twice as tedious and much harder than FFXI's way of leveling. A party would be a much faster pace but everyone seems to want to go their own way solo'ing. Before experience points was adjusted, getting SP burns in party was more productive but now it's turning into XI style. (I blame myself not playing multiple jobs getting the advantage).
By Yves 2011-07-26 09:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fouluryu said:
Leveling is now twice as tedious and much harder than FFXI's way of leveling. A party would be a much faster pace but everyone seems to want to go their own way solo'ing. Before experience points was adjusted, getting SP burns in party was more productive but now it's turning into XI style. (I blame myself not playing multiple jobs getting the advantage).

This is untrue. If anything, SP parties are far more productive than levelinking or even raptor parties. There are tradional "pull camps" as well. You're problem isn't with the game, it is with the community on your server.
By deadfire 2011-07-26 11:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fouluryu said:
I don't like how some of my physical moves to engage battle requires Mp.

I still stand by my comments that repairs should be removed completely from the game. I want my performance of weapons and combat to be 100% and not be gimped based on reduction of weapon duration.

Welcome to more realistic MMOs.

Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-26 13:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Played a bit today, I enjoyed what I played.
By Fouluryu 2011-07-26 17:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked the previous setup of getting SP by hitting the monsters instead of just killing them for exp. There are only a few servers that have a productive population in wanting to do stuff as a group on shout. Not every other server are fortunate with a population now atm, which I would suggest SE to just merge servers for the time being since the game is still beta.

As for the comment "Welcome to more realistic MMos." no it's not. You might be getting 400-500 exp but the expectation bar is still higher than XI's bar to getting to the next level. Game still lacks content, zones, additional jobs, auction house, & a proper search function.
By Xeonerable 2011-07-26 18:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fouluryu said:
Fouluryu said:
Fouluryu said:
I liked the previous setup of getting SP by hitting the monsters instead of just killing them for exp.
Fouluryu said:
auction house, & a proper search function.

At this point I'm kind of convinced he is just whining to whine. lol
By Yves 2011-07-26 19:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fouluryu said:
I liked the previous setup of getting SP by hitting the monsters instead of just killing them for exp. There are only a few servers that have a productive population in wanting to do stuff as a group on shout. Not every other server are fortunate with a population now atm, which I would suggest SE to just merge servers for the time being since the game is still beta. As for the comment "Welcome to more realistic MMos." no it's not. You might be getting 400-500 exp but the expectation bar is still higher than XI's bar to getting to the next level. Game still lacks content, zones, additional jobs, auction house, & a proper search function.

Here, let me get you some water to wash the sand out of your va...

Honestly, bud - your roody-poo-candyass is citing stuff that was altered after the first 6 weeks of gameplay. Clearly you lack the congnitive thought processes required to understand why the following the formula is unbalanced:

Hit mob -> gain SP
[+]
By Calemero 2011-07-26 19:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yves said:
Fouluryu said:
I liked the previous setup of getting SP by hitting the monsters instead of just killing them for exp. There are only a few servers that have a productive population in wanting to do stuff as a group on shout. Not every other server are fortunate with a population now atm, which I would suggest SE to just merge servers for the time being since the game is still beta. As for the comment "Welcome to more realistic MMos." no it's not. You might be getting 400-500 exp but the expectation bar is still higher than XI's bar to getting to the next level. Game still lacks content, zones, additional jobs, auction house, & a proper search function.

Honestly, bud - your roody-poo-candyass is citing stuff that was altered after the first 6 weeks of gameplay. Clearly you lack the congnitive thought processes required to understand why the following the formula is unbalanced:

Hit mob -> gain SP

*** EL OH EL
By Fouluryu 2011-07-26 22:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yves said:
Fouluryu said:

Hit mob -> gain SP

Harsh aren't we? Then again, maybe it's players such as yourself that can't even rationalize or communicate properly to others. I have some liver you could put in that va... Your man wont even tell the difference.

But in any case, I don't see how you + two other people insulting me over my opinion, or everyone else in this thread that have shared their two cents, & that there are several things wrong with the game. I don't blame you for being an obnoxious troll, but I say what's on my mind. Not everyone is going to join the bandwangon & not everyone is going to want the same perspective as yours. Again, I don't see you putting your insults on any other person in this thread regarding other's reflection of Square Enix's patch, but only me.

With that being said, I'll just post my debate over the Square Enix forum page. I don't like the experience points & it's twice longer than XI's requirement to level. I will not change my opinion.

Xeonerable said:

At this point I'm kind of convinced he is just whining to whine. lol

So has several other players persuading change to XIV. Anything I read from you is nothing but whatever's left in your trolling mind.
By slipispsycho 2011-07-26 22:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If not having an Auction House is really that big of a deal to you (not just you particularly, it's a general statement) then please, by all means, stay away from the game.. There will no doubt be one long list of impossible to fulfill ideas of what you think the game needs, even if they gave you half of it, you'd still *** you didn't get the other half.
By Fouluryu 2011-07-26 22:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Psycho Slip said:
If not having an Auction House is really that big of a deal to you (not just you particularly, it's a general statement) then please, by all means, stay away from the game.. There will no doubt be one long list of impossible to fulfill ideas of what you think the game needs, even if they gave you half of it, you'd still *** you didn't get the other half.

And here we go, the "don't play this game" comment. The game is in beta, Square Enix is taking several feed back, & valid discussions to build the game to a suitable atmosphere. In fact, I was even the one to enforce the idea of 999 items and raise archer ammo capacity, so don't you tell me what I can say & can't say.

Seriously, a pseudo intellectual argument siding with one another over game difference? I just don't know why would you want twice the amount of time to gain next level in XIV.
By Xeonerable 2011-07-27 00:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fouluryu said:
Leveling is now twice as tedious and much harder than FFXI's way of leveling. A party would be a much faster pace but everyone seems to want to go their own way solo'ing. Before experience points was adjusted, getting SP burns in party was more productive but now it's turning into XI style.
and then...
Fouluryu said:
I liked the previous setup of getting SP by hitting the monsters instead of just killing them for exp.
The 'original' skill point system was waaaaaaayy slower than the current system. That was the worst leveling system ever and one of the first major things SE changed about the game. It was bugged and most people hated it. The leveling system as it is now is still faster than the "original launch" one. So I don't see how you complain about something but then liked something that was worse?

Fouluryu said:
There is very little difference between the Market Wards (and it's search menu) and the Auction house now. Actually I find the Ward's search menu more useful than the Auction House's was. All you need to do now is enter the ward to visit/place a retainer. So whats the real problem.. the trip into the wards?(The wards have improved x1000 more in usability than how it was at launch)

Fouluryu said:
In fact, I was even the one to enforce the idea of 999 items and raise archer ammo capacity, so don't you tell me what I can say & can't say.
Oh yeah a simple solution to such a simple problem that only you could come up with. okay

The "trolling" comment trying to blow people off sounds like you've got nothing to retort.
 Phoenix.Tyr
Server: Phoenix
user: Tyr
By Phoenix.Tyr 2011-07-27 00:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly, I have played alpha, beta and "beta phase 2" of XIV. Having said that;

I have to agree that the lack of an AH is one of the reasons, but far from the only, I have no wish to pay for it. The mentality that they have taken seems to bank on initial novelty, but takes forever to do anything.

The AH system, for example, requires that you step through three phases before you can actually buy your item. It's novel at first and some could argue more realistic in the setting it is placed, but it still means you are wasting time. Equally, crafting is painfully slow - but novel to begin with. The actual act of crafting is just too long, the recipes also need far too many steps. These fall into things you will be doing/using hundreds if not thousands of times in your XIV life, so the entire process should be highly refined.

In the end, every time I tried XIV, I felt that game actually got in the way of the act of trying to enjoy it. The exception being the mining/harvesting, which I found pretty enjoyable, even after the initial novelty wore off.

Disclaimer: I have not seen the most recent patches, if they have magically fixed all the issues, feel free to ignore this.

/Backtolurking.
By Xeonerable 2011-07-27 01:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tyr said:

The AH system, for example, requires that you step through three phases before you can actually buy your item. It's novel at first and some could argue more realistic in the setting it is placed, but it still means you are wasting time. Equally, crafting is painfully slow - but novel to begin with. The actual act of crafting is just too long, the recipes also need far too many steps. These fall into things you will be doing/using hundreds if not thousands of times in your XIV life, so the entire process should be highly refined.

How the market wards is now is a lot better than it used to be at launch. Having to search the wards for like an hour and come up with nothing. At least now you can search it, mark whatever retainer is holding it, and go straight to it. It went from having to spend 1+ hours in the wards to at least 2 minutes or more. It still could use a little more refinement but currently its barely any slower than an AH would be.

but yes... crafting is still kind of painfully slow. XD
I believe it is what they plan on refining next. thankfully.

Phoenix.Tyr said:

/Backtolurking.
/wave , take care! lol
By Fouluryu 2011-07-27 01:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Xeonerable said:
Fouluryu said:
Leveling is now twice as tedious and much harder than FFXI's way of leveling. A party would be a much faster pace but everyone seems to want to go their own way solo'ing. Before experience points was adjusted, getting SP burns in party was more productive but now it's turning into XI style.
and then...
Fouluryu said:
The 'original' skill point system was waaaaaaayy slower than the current system. That was the worst leveling system ever and one of the first major things SE changed about the game. It was bugged and most people hated it. The leveling system as it is now is still faster than the "original launch" one. So I don't see how you complain about something but then liked something that was worse?

Fouluryu said:
There is very little difference between the Market Wards (and it's search menu) and the Auction house now. Actually I find the Ward's search menu more useful than the Auction House's was. All you need to do now is enter the ward to visit/place a retainer. So whats the real problem.. the trip into the wards?(The wards have improved x1000 more in usability than how it was at launch)

Fouluryu said:
In fact, I was even the one to enforce the idea of 999 items and raise archer ammo capacity, so don't you tell me what I can say & can't say.
Oh yeah a simple solution to such a simple problem that only you could come up with. okay

The "trolling" comment trying to blow people off sounds like you've got nothing to retort.

Maximizing items to 999 and increasing ammo was originally my idea. Go look at my lodestone blog post. However, the encouragement to convince Square Enix to do this wasn't by me alone but to others as well to step up and make it up. This idea was improvised for the love of being a ranger like in XI.

If SP gaining from hitting the monsters rather than killing it was bad, maybe you'd like to explain the fascination of several players already having more than one job already at 50. I played multiple jobs on here before the SP adjustment (into death exp) and now it feels much slower than before, & that's just really my opinion. Even in behest/solo/leve quest I'm still getting 400-500 per monster, even with guardian sig on.

The only logical idea the adjustment was made so that every other player would gain the experience points from the death of the monster, & and I understand that. I'm only mentioning it's much slower getting to the next level as of now than XI, & I'm currently lv 33.

Crafting is slow but not as bad or complicated from the past. Lag was a major issue & loading speed for the next craft materials inserted made it a pure breeze.

I don't see how the auction house would be so bad having it. It takes me a few minutes looking up the item and buying it. The only complaint if anything was the tax. WE STILL HAVE TAXES (Surplus) when we bazaar stuff in IV also, so the only difference is there is very little control with economy of items.
By Xeonerable 2011-07-27 01:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My problem with original "getting sp for hitting the monster" was that it was so buggy. I remember being in parties and fighting stuff way above our levels and hardly ever getting skill-ups from most fights. At least the exp system as it is now guarantees you do get sp for fighting it and not wasting your time. (depending on the level difference of course)

There are some good open-world party exp camps if you know where to go. The SP you can get from them is good and has remained unchanged. The higher MP cost of cures it kind of forcing people to go into parties to exp. If you look around the zones there has been a lot of monster placement changes. More camp spot opportunities.

Yet what really needs to be done is to fix the Party Search function to make that type of leveling more effective.

The game just seems different now because they made guildleves not the main focus for parties to exp.
By Petori 2011-07-27 11:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That original way of gaining SP was bad.

Mage #1: "HURT YOURSELVES MORE SO I CAN HEAL YOU AND GET SP"
Mage #2: "#### you Mage #1 for curing everyone nonstop and not giving me a chance"
"Don't attack too much party member #3! I want SP too!"
"Don't kill it so fast!"
"Let it regen!" (Days of insta-regen)

That was a mess I never want to see again.
By slipispsycho 2011-07-27 11:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Petori said:
That original way of gaining SP was bad.

Mage #1: "HURT YOURSELVES MORE SO I CAN HEAL YOU AND GET SP"
Mage #2: "#### you Mage #1 for curing everyone nonstop and not giving me a chance"
"Don't attack too much party member #3! I want SP too!"
"Don't kill it so fast!"
"Let it regen!" (Days of insta-regen)

That was a mess I never want to see again.
Not to mention in the beginning you were getting screwed out of the SP you earned pretty frequently..

Fouluryu said:
Psycho Slip said:

And here we go, the "don't play this game" comment. The game is in beta, Square Enix is taking several feed back, & valid discussions to build the game to a suitable atmosphere. In fact, I was even the one to enforce the idea of 999 items and raise archer ammo capacity, so don't you tell me what I can say & can't say.

Seriously, a pseudo intellectual argument siding with one another over game difference? I just don't know why would you want twice the amount of time to gain next level in XIV.
And yes, here we go. The market wards system as it is now is nearly the same as an AH, the only difference being that the absolute lowest price no longer necessarily sells first (especially when it's an item you need a lot of for crafting, I don't go out of my way to save 10k by visiting several retainers when I can just go to one that has the amount I need) and you have to physically move to get your item instead of buying it right where you look it up..

If it's that big of a problem to you, I certainly don't wanna play with you (and like I said it was a generalized statement, yes it applies to you as well, but it applies to everyone who makes a big deal out of not having an AH) because I've been in LS's and played with plenty of people who complain about no AH, all they do, all they do is *** and complain about everything.. This isn't about personal opinion, it's about the attitude pretty much everyone I've ever came across that has a problem with no AH exhibits. Pure negativity.. There is no end to the complaining.