New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Patch 1.18
Patch 1.18
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Clickclack 2011-07-21 21:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemyse said:
Anyone having LS chat problems? Everyone in my LS shows up as gray nameless text, same for everyone else in LS

Yeah same here ; ;
[+]
By Dubont 2011-07-21 21:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemyse said:
Anyone having LS chat problems? Everyone in my LS shows up as gray nameless text, same for everyone else in LS
yes. It happens, occasionally, if you d/c. To fix, relog.
 Asura.Artemyse
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Artemys
By Asura.Artemyse 2011-07-21 21:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubont said:
Asura.Artemyse said:
First time ever since launch lol, and apparently it's affecting everyone on Selbina Server xD shouts seem unaffected though. Not going to risk logging though. . .
By Dubont 2011-07-21 21:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemyse said:
Dubont said:
Asura.Artemyse said:
First time ever since launch lol, and apparently it's affecting everyone on Selbina Server xD shouts seem unaffected though. Not going to risk logging though. . .
yeah, it only just started today. It happens when you d/c. I relogged and it fixed it...then I d/cd again....and it did it again...relogged...fixed it...d/cd..now stuck in que...
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-21 21:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

anyway, i seem to be able to come and go in mysidia without issue now, might be because this is mostly a JP server and its only... 1pm in japan i think. now that i said that though i'll probably get booted for rest of the night XD
By Yves 2011-07-21 22:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Haha no worries, Patrik. We cool. <fistbump>.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-07-21 23:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been DC'd yet and we're going all over the place doing the companies ***.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-07-21 23:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

same, seems things have evened out. anyone tried the raids yet?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-07-22 01:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep and I got screwed.. First one went off fine, then the next went all the way through it fine, didnt' seem to be any problems, got out, talked to the npc, but just sped through it cuz i'm tired of *** reading already, returned, and guess what, can't complete the thing.. So I go back, talk to them again, it says there are too many people in my pt (they've headed back already, and someone was added in for teleport ***) so get them out so it's 4 again, then i'm told that not all my members have yet gathered..

As far as the game is concerned, I haven't done the dungeon at all.. But I was in the instance, I was able to hit mobs, collect the things, open doors..
By Karbine 2011-07-22 04:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The low dungeons were fun. Some little puzzles and I think alternate paths though I haven't tried them. We are going to tomorrow.

FYI: You can ONLY have 4 people, no more no less.

It was pretty cool, collect the floating yellowish orbs that are targetable to open the magic gates or whatever and choose paths. The execution chamber at the far east of the map is where the boss is. Make sure the minions don't overwhelm you cause he WILL spawn more than 3 if you let them live.
By Fouluryu 2011-07-22 05:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The patch has gained some respect from me. However I'm not very pleased with the mages getting hit with nerf. I'm disappointed that pug even got a 60 sec recast for flurry which I have been working on for some time for it. Any further implement ions they put or nerf on pug I'm just going quit the job officially.

What I'm looking forward hopefully are new NMs, battle structure, content, & especially area expansions.

Other than that, it got me to play just a little.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-07-22 06:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fouluryu said:
The patch has gained some respect from me. However I'm not very pleased with the mages getting hit with nerf. I'm disappointed that pug even got a 60 sec recast for flurry which I have been working on for some time for it. Any further implement ions they put or nerf on pug I'm just going quit the job officially.

What I'm looking forward hopefully are new NMs, battle structure, content, & especially area expansions.

Other than that, it got me to play just a little.

I think what you are calling a nerf is really just balancing the game play for party play. PGL was hardly nerfed, yeah the timer on flurry is a little long, but whatever you'll build TP fast enough with the auto attack.
By Castielle 2011-07-22 06:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ya balacing was needed
this is the 1st step to real PTing
By Fouluryu 2011-07-22 07:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

And skill chains... Must have skill chains.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-22 07:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Logged in for 2 mins, was pretty fun.

Still not feeling it with the rank and class system. I really wish they'd abolished physical level this update too.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2011-07-22 08:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My name is Kany---Yokhai and George Bu---SE does not care about blac---THM.
By Fouluryu 2011-07-22 08:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I would officially put myself back in this game if they start introducing new jobs and that job must carry a katana. I don't know what they were thinking but most of these jobs looks common.

However, I still have some faith in this

I also look forward to their so called development on PVP & assuming I hope would be a much improved version compared to XI, which in addition to this constructive idea I can see myself being involved in this activity a lot if it's entertaining and rewarding as well.
By Castielle 2011-07-22 09:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fouluryu said:
I would officially put myself back in this game if they start introducing new jobs and that job must carry a katana. I don't know what they were thinking but most of these jobs looks common.

I also look forward to their so called development on PVP & assuming I hope would be a much improved version compared to XI, which in addition to this constructive idea I can see myself being involved in this activity a lot if it's entertaining and rewarding as well.

Phewww and i was worried u lost faith
 Sylph.Belmonth
Server: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2011-07-22 09:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fouluryu said:

Patience man, this is a huge step SE has taken so far lol

I like the update, it picked up my interest enough to stop playing other stuff I was hooked on.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-07-22 13:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fouluryu said:
And skill chains... Must have skill chains.

battle regimen isn't good enough?
 Sylph.Belmonth
Server: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2011-07-22 15:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So SP parties are the only way of leveling now?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Fouluryu 2011-07-22 16:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So far, I like the update. Going to try leve quests/other quests tonight. The battle is a big improvement and the auto attack is pretty neat too. No more button bashing. The only thing I was worried as a PUG was the delay, but I was still attacking every 2 seconds, so I'm happy.

Yes, battle regime is terrible. Skill chains still would be a better idea and dish away the BR for good.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-07-22 17:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They are reviewing removing BR completely.. It sounds like they're getting rid of it and trying to find an alternative, but they haven't said those exact words, so I don't want to say them either..

Either way, you can probably look forward to it being removed.

And yes, BR does suck, it's a typical example SE overly complicating something to add a sense of depth.. It's just ridiculously difficult and time consuming to set up and there's no justifiable reason for it, at all. Skill chains were beautiful and worked just fine.. But we get BR..

"Hey guys we're going to make it hard to click the button to enter into a BR, we're going to make you not able to do anything while you have your action stacked, and let you sit there like a dumb *** for awhile while everyone else gets their ***together.. So have fun."
By Meenners 2011-07-22 17:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i know i saw this somewhere... is there a link/post for the update download? The client is soooo freaking slow...
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-07-22 17:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxivpro.com/forum/topic/14375/ffxiv-retail-downloads/
By Meenners 2011-07-22 17:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

shank you!
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-22 18:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

http://tehkrizz.net/FFXIV/downloads.php

:)
By Meenners 2011-07-22 18:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

that's where im at! thanks!

also donated a trillion dollars :)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-07-22 18:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Give 500 Billion to me, since I posted the link first.