Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16673 16674 16675 ... 22577 22578 22579

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-06 16:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bloodrose said: »
On that note, I'm curious what you consider me best suited for.
US and Canadian Law outside of taxation and corporate.
I should have pointed out, that while non-nutritive fillers are allowed, sawdust in sausage casings as a preservative (yes, that was there reported function for the sawdust) was illegal, and the companies responsible for it were fined heavily.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-06 16:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You missed my edit D:

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-06 16:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I never *studied* Law through university the way you did, KN. It was just something I was highly interested in, particularly due to Canada and the US being such close trading partners.

Much of it is easily looked into though, and I can rummage through and find applicable information in court documents and rulings.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-06 16:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I went back a page and saw the edit XD
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-06 16:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I never *studied* Law through university the way you did, KN. It was just something I was highly interested in, particularly due to Canada and the US being such close trading partners.

Much of it is easily looked into though, and I can rummage through and find applicable information in court documents and rulings.
Your knowledge is more of a practical use.

Mine is more of a theory base.

While very different, neither of us are lawyers, nor do we practice law, and the degree of your knowledge shows that you at least understand and can research intermediate law, which is the extent to my knowledge also.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 16:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope this ends with you two getting at least to second base.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-06 16:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Unfortunately until my emotions simmer down I don't tend to use my methods which tend to be humor related or just bringing up something we agreed on before for example.
Best thing to do is to not let it get to you.

If you catch yourself strung up, you tend to make mistakes in your counterpoints. It's best to just let it flow from you.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-06 16:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Your knowledge is more of a practical use.

Mine is more of a theory base.

While very different, neither of us are lawyers, nor do we practice law, and the degree of your knowledge shows that you at least understand and can research intermediate law, which is the extent to my knowledge also.
BY OUR KNOWLEDGE COMBINED... WE ARE CAPTAIN LAWYER!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-06 16:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I hope this ends with you two getting at least to second base.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-06 16:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think KN's post about best resources is good hearted and if you think that fine. But I've always resisted the idea we all have one niche to fill. I'm also competitive so lists like that make me want to disprove they're the best by showing things I know about programming for example. Not to pull them down but show hey I'm good at this too. Which is also not something I like to engage in usually ends up someone gets hurt or some drama happens labels start being thrown around like confetti. That's why I don't like those kinds of lists.
You can't be good at everything though.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 16:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

With a girl second base is boobs access, third is inside panties. I guess between two guys second base is a bit inconsequential.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-06 16:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually quite relieved I could be considered to have the same level of legalese knowledge that KN has, if on a different basis.

I'm good at reading graphs, context, debates about literature, and can be very competitive as well, but knowing where I stand in a list also gives me insight into where I need to improve those particular sets of skills.

I had the highest grade of my legal studies course for 2 years (university intro to law as experimental at the grade 11-12 levels before I graduated) and all it really covered were powers of arrest, a minor introduction to workplace laws, minor intro to how courts work (Canadian and American - Tiny Tidbit: Canadian Justices and judges are to be referred to officially as "Your Highness" in place of the King or Queen", but is rarely, if ever used practically) among other subjects such as rental laws, and notice of entry.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-06 16:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
With a girl second base is boobs access, third is inside panties. I guess between two guys second base is a bit inconsequential.
Bromance?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-06 16:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually quite relieved I could be considered to have the same level of legalese knowledge that KN has, if on a different basis.

I'm good at reading graphs, context, debates about literature, and can be very competitive as well, but knowing where I stand in a list also gives me insight into where I need to improve those particular sets of skills.

I had the highest grade of my legal studies course for 2 years (university intro to law as experimental at the grade 11-12 levels before I graduated) and all it really covered were powers of arrest, a minor introduction to workplace laws, minor intro to how courts work (Canadian and American - Tiny Tidbit: Canadian Justices and judges are to be referred to officially as "Your Highness" in place of the King or Queen", but is rarely, if ever used practically) among other subjects such as rental laws, and notice of entry.
Most of my knowledge comes from business/international trade laws along with IRC and international taxation.

Although I do have a little bit of knowledge of criminal law (mainly to scare us from committing any crimes). As if Ethics and Fraud Prevention classes didn't do that for me already.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-03-06 16:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

My nephew has 2 parents who can't cook so he loves take out. He comes over here and wants take out cause he hates home cooked food.

His taste buds are all *** up.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-06 16:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think KN's post about best resources is good hearted and if you think that fine. But I've always resisted the idea we all have one niche to fill. I'm also competitive so lists like that make me want to disprove they're the best by showing things I know about programming for example. Not to pull them down but show hey I'm good at this too. Which is also not something I like to engage in usually ends up someone gets hurt or some drama happens labels start being thrown around like confetti. That's why I don't like those kinds of lists.
You can't be good at everything though.

Oh no doubt. It wouldn't stop me from wanting to be he who has the most good titles though and then spending all that time and energy on it only to turn around and find out about 95% of the competition didn't care about it at all and the other 5% were neckbeards in their parents basement or something while letting my business and stock market plans fall apart let alone anything else I do in life. I made that mistake once. And while not nearly as dramatic in reality as that telling I can't let stuff like that interfere with real life I find it addicting for some reason. There's probably some term for it, idk what it is but I learned not to feed that dog. You can keep your list even publish it if you want just... sharing myself I guess. That's what we do here mostly isn't it share our thoughts and selves and "random thing on internet".
Well, remember that titles are always tentative. And subject to interpretation.

It's always good to know people who you can trust with certain amount of information, and could give you at the very least a way to look up the information you are looking for, you know, point the way for you.

That list are just personal observations. I'm sure that Pleebo's list of people on this forum who are best at a specific topic is different, along with Josiahfk's, along with Seha's, along with Flavin's, along with Kojo's, along with Nik's, and so on.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 16:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always somewhat envied* people with a focused talent. I've always been decent at everything, but excellent at nothing. It didn't help in trying to find my way in life.

*probably not the right word as envy implies ill intentions towards the envied object, but you get what I mean
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 16:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it went holding hands -> kissing -> groping -> sex
Yes...obviously. Although you skipped mutual masturbation and oral which normally come before sex.
But holding hands isn't really an achievement, the bases start at kissing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16673 16674 16675 ... 22577 22578 22579