Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15425 15426 15427 ... 22587 22588 22589
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 14:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If I played XIV I'd only pay sub for the major patches. There's so many months of nothing. I doubt I'd feel interested in just spamming Bahamut coitus or killing myself with relic quest grind.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-16 14:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not even the houses themselves, it's the flat out lies and SE's incompetence. let's not even touch on how laughable it is for an MMO with not even a full raid worth of endgame content to go 6+ months without major endgame additions, 3+ months (looking at 4 or 5 between 2.3 and 2.4) between major content updates in general, a game that is only just turned a year old with a content generation cycle that is so remarkably piss poor with constant excuses of "well the servers... limited server space... blahblah limitations that we can easily afford to fix but won't".

the general level of incompetence is so remarkably staggering that it makes me legitimately angry.

at this point in RIFT's life (for example), there were 3 FULL raids (greenscale's blight LAUNCHED WITH THE GAME and came with over double the content of both the first and second binding coils combined) and an expansion pack only a month away, not to mention the 8+ (don't remember the full #) of expert mode dungeons that all were changed significantly from their already great normal mode counterparts. how is this acceptable? where is all of their money going? bringing yoshi on a tour around the world?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 14:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Bahamut coitus

You and me baby ain't nothin' but draco, so let's do it like we're in Amsterdam and go completely whaco.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 14:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the extremely poor itemization of XIV causes a lack of content. Because if only 4-5 stats exist you can hardly motivate people to move horizontally and can do nothing but go up a ladder.

I think itemization is Achille's heel of XIV.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-16 14:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

the lack of content itself is what causes the lack of content. horrendous itemization only makes the existing sparse content even more boring.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 14:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing to gain from more content if you don't get anything different from it. They're unable to offer things that are different, only things that scale with level.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-09-16 14:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Lol, quit over that? Silly

I'll sell them my personal house for 6 mil
6gil!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-16 14:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If I played XIV I'd only pay sub for the major patches. There's so many months of nothing. I doubt I'd feel interested in just spamming Bahamut coitus or killing myself with relic quest grind.
This is where I am right now. Only reason I can log in is I paid for a ton of month up front. Haven't tried to cap tomes for weeks now, haven't beat a coil turn for months, never bothered with Ramuh EX, can't be bothered with ST...

Crafting and fishing have been keeping me interested way more lately, but even that's been tapering off since there's barely a market for anything during content droughts.

BLAH
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-16 14:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

They need more unique stats :| They hold our hands far too much

"It's too difficult, it's too complex, it'll create problems within the playerbase"

That's ***that every single MMO ever has had to deal with and itemization has never been the biggest issue because people can, fortunately, learn how it works. The same goes for jobs since their reasoning behind not adding blue mage to the game is because they don't think it's all that suited for group play. That's probably because they make bosses immune to all *** debuffs and don't wanna work on a way to balance the job.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-16 14:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Go drop gil in my house Pleebo, I unlocked it
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 14:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand holding back on some things; however holding back too much leads you nowhere.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-16 14:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing to gain from more content if you don't get anything different from it. They're unable to offer things that are different, only things that scale with level.

cutting off content generation just because of poor itemization isn't the correct answer. improve itemization over time as you add more content to keep people running the treadmill, even if the treadmill is boring as ***. having the same 4 bosses to kill (who, might I add, have one of the worst designed loot systems I've seen from any MMO in the last decade) for 6~8 months is horrifically bad design.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-16 14:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Q: I love the blue mage job that appears in the FINAL FANTASY series. Will the blue mage job ever be implemented in FFXIV?
A: I think that blue mage is an interesting job because you can learn spells enemies, but honestly I don't think that it really fits MMORPG party settings. If anything, I think it would work solo and it would be really fun to implement it as a job where you go around and learn abilities from every monster, so I'd definitely like to try and do this, but I'm concerned when it comes to playing in a party players would put up barriers if you haven't learned certain abilities. Additionally, in the event you are able to use abilities forever once you learn them, the difficulty of learning abilities would be high, and we wouldn't be able to balance the system so it wouldn't revolve around procuring your abilities instead of equipment. This wouldn't be practical enough to fit in an MMORPG party setting and conversely if you are swapping in only certain abilities you've learned, the true image of a blue mage would diminish, so this is something that I am concerned with.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-16 14:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

wat
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 14:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Q: I love the blue mage job that appears in the FINAL FANTASY series. Will the blue mage job ever be implemented in FFXIV?
A: I think that blue mage is an interesting job because you can learn spells enemies, but honestly I don't think that it really fits MMORPG party settings. If anything, I think it would work solo and it would be really fun to implement it as a job where you go around and learn abilities from every monster, so I'd definitely like to try and do this, but I'm concerned when it comes to playing in a party players would put up barriers if you haven't learned certain abilities. Additionally, in the event you are able to use abilities forever once you learn them, the difficulty of learning abilities would be high, and we wouldn't be able to balance the system so it wouldn't revolve around procuring your abilities instead of equipment. This wouldn't be practical enough to fit in an MMORPG party setting and conversely if you are swapping in only certain abilities you've learned, the true image of a blue mage would diminish, so this is something that I am concerned with.

I hate blue mage.

And this just makes me laugh, and laugh.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 14:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
improve itemization over time as you add more content
Yes of course this is a proper answer. But as they have refused to create variety(for the future too according to the comments), this gives an excuse to not need any other content.
The top gear is already there, you beat it? Congrats, gear another job.
Mind you I'm criticizing this, but it's what happens.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-16 14:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They could have added the CT system to coil instead so more people would enjoy it, while letting you get an item you want each week from each turn (guaranteed) and people would have been so much happier. More people would be able to get through coil as well and have fun playing with their friends, it would keep people interested instead of having to have strict static times and going with randoms and getting outlotted by maybe 1 or 2 people you pick up and don't know just so you can clear the turn.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-16 14:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:

I hate blue mage.

Imagine if it were beastmaster or summoner or something, it's just as dumb for any other job.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2014-09-16 14:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

as for the thing above I'm not sure I can talk about what I like; I'll inquire later like usual!
Okay I asked and was told it's inappropriate to talk about it in public!
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2014-09-16 14:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
But BLU in XI was perfect feelings :<
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-16 14:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

a WoW-esque token system would've even been better, and that by itself also has significant flaws. 2 pieces per boss that are totally random across 4 different sets of gear (+ weapons for every job from T9) that spans accessories AND armor... *** god damn it I need to stop talking about this.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 14:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to brag but I'm a better developer than XIV's team. *hairflip*
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 14:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:

I hate blue mage.

Imagine if it were beastmaster or summoner or something, it's just as dumb for any other job.

Oh, no. I agree completely. That's why it's funny.

I mean, I don't think BLU is perfect and its history of fitting into a party setting has been rocky at best, but so has DRG, BST, PUP, RUN, etc. I just threw in the "I hate BLU" because I didn't want it to sound like I was being indignant over my favorite job or something.

I'm assuming this is a developer for XIV?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 14:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Quote:
But BLU in XI was perfect feelings :<

I don't know about "perfect". But it definitely isn't the worst thing out there.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-09-16 14:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

don't see how BLU wouldn't work in XIV if they tailored it for DD and light support similar to BRD. it doesn't have to do everything to be BLU. Historically, Blue Mages have primarily been damage dealers with a few spells (like White Wind and Mighty Guard) for support.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-16 14:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah blu would be so hard to implement *rolls eyes*
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-16 14:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
don't see how BLU wouldn't work in XIV if they tailored it for DD and light support similar to BRD. it doesn't have to do everything to be BLU. Historically, Blue Mages have primarily been damage dealers with a few spells (like White Wind and Mighty Guard) for support.

Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-16 14:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

could make BLU learn mob spells via Class Quests, so spells are on par with equipment
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2014-09-16 14:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat