Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-01-29 14:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Asura.Lolserj said: »
Okay yeah I'm not even going to argue with you anymore because then you can move this argument to saying that if a taric stun hits someone there is a chance that it results in a kill and a chance that it does not. That's just a bad *** argument.
Since his stun is reliable, anything you do strategy wise is also reliable. You can count on it, that's the difference.

This is exactly what Riot is working on removing, so the professional game designers disagree with your argument pretty heavily.
And that's why they suck at game design, and it doesn't come surprising. They have a long record of dumb moves. The DFG backpedaling is just the most recent example.

You don't understand the concept of counterplay, so I'm done. I can't argue with ignorance.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lolserj
Server: Asura
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-01-29 14:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay yeah I'm not even going to argue with you anymore because then you can move this argument to saying that if a taric stun hits someone there is a chance that it results in a kill and a chance that it does not. That's just a bad *** argument.
Since his stun is reliable, anything you do strategy wise is also reliable. You can count on it, that's the difference.

This is exactly what Riot is working on removing, so the professional game designers disagree with your argument pretty heavily.
And that's why they suck at game design, and it doesn't come surprising. They have a long record of dumb moves. The DFG backpedaling is just the most recent example.

You don't understand the concept of counterplay, so I'm done. I can't argue with ignorance.
Sure, it's because of counterplay the skillshot missed. Lol.
You can tweak the amount of misses it has, but the fact is it's still unreliable. Riot never got what counterplay should be anyway. Counterplay is seeing you are against a fed adc, and buying the gear to be able to shut them down when they get over confident. Not something in all but appearances ends up being nothing but a RNG.

Dodging a skillshot is in fact counterplay, and that is exactly why that is necessary over things like Sona Q that you literally can't do anything against.

That isn't counterplay that is itemization. Counterplay is dodging the Fizz fish, counterplay is using your zhonya's to block Zed's ult damage, counterplay is yasuo walling an ashe arrow fired at point blank range.

If the only thing you can do is "lol buy a thornmail" then the game gets boring, that and it doesn't actually do anything because if they're ahead enough the armor isn't going to do anything.

You're playing against the enemy players and there should be as much interaction between you and other players as possible and that includes dodging skillshots, which is a form of counterplay.

You just see it as skillshots missing and not the enemy having the skill to actually dodge it. Or the player using a skillshot not having the experience to predict their movement.

You don't understand the game well enough to know that having everything be "reliable" like you're talking about just wouldn't work. The game would be a boring pile of mush that literally just came down to who clicks first.

You're arguing based on the fact that you think stats should be the only interaction and that the only way you can play against that is if you buy stats to counter their stats. That's just not how it works.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-01-29 14:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
So basically, you are just bad and can't accept you are unable to land skillshots.
Strawman. A pretty half hearted lame one at that.

No, you just can't accept the fact YOU missed. They can't miss, it goes where you told it to go. You either got outplayed or your timing/accuracy wasn't good enough.
Someone sneezes and uses flash on accident mid cast. LOL SKILLZ.
Your team uses a movement ability on who you shot at mid cast. LOL SKILLZ.
You get a lag spike causing it to miss. LOL SKILLZ.
You land up a perfectly lined shot from a bush so there' snot even a chance to react but at that moment they stop to type to their team who is blaming them for everything so it misses. LOL SKILLZ.

Get real dude. There's tons of ways it happens that has nothing to do with skill whatsoever. Your argument is weak and unthoughtful to say the least.

You can target minions with Taric stun therefore it is unreliable and bad.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-01-29 14:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone disagrees with you including Riot, and they have good reason to. You really don't understand counterplay as a concept, so please save face and stop trying to argue your point. You don't even play the game anymore so your opinion really is coming from ignorance.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-01-29 14:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically, you are just bad and can't accept you are unable to land skillshots.

No, you just can't accept the fact YOU missed. They can't miss, it goes where you told it to go. You either got outplayed or your timing/accuracy wasn't good enough.
You land up a perfectly lined shot from a bush so there' snot even a chance to react but at that moment they stop to type to their team who is blaming them for everything so it misses. LOL SKILLZ.

Get real dude. There's tons of ways it happens that has nothing to do with skill whatsoever. Your argument is weak and unthoughtful to say the least.

You can target only champs in the settings.

Unless you click the wrong keys and still click the minion. There is a random variable so it's bad :/

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-01-29 14:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, it's because of counterplay the skillshot missed. Lol.
You can tweak the amount of misses it has, but the fact is it's still unreliable. Riot never got what counterplay should be anyway. Counterplay is seeing you are against a fed adc, and buying the gear to be able to shut them down when they get over confident. Not something in all but appearances ends up being nothing but a RNG.

Dodging a skillshot is in fact counterplay, and that is exactly why that is necessary over things like Sona Q that you literally can't do anything against.

That isn't counterplay that is itemization. Counterplay is dodging the Fizz fish, counterplay is using your zhonya's to block Zed's ult damage, counterplay is yasuo walling an ashe arrow fired at point blank range.

If the only thing you can do is "lol buy a thornmail" then the game gets boring, that and it doesn't actually do anything because if they're ahead enough the armor isn't going to do anything.

You're playing against the enemy players and there should be as much interaction between you and other players as possible and that includes dodging skillshots, which is a form of counterplay.

You just see it as skillshots missing and not the enemy having the skill to actually dodge it. Or the player using a skillshot not having the experience to predict their movement.

You don't understand the game well enough to know that having everything be "reliable" like you're talking about just wouldn't work. The game would be a boring pile of mush that literally just came down to who clicks first.

You're arguing based on the fact that you think stats should be the only interaction and that the only way you can play against that is if you buy stats to counter their stats. That's just not how it works.
Bronze level thoughts. Sorry.

Wow, want to actually elaborate instead of just saying something like that? Sounds like you don't actually have any way to reply and are instead attacking my character by calling me a bronze player. I believe that's actually a fallacy bro. If you can't actually come up with something then just leave.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-01-29 14:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, in case you were wondering I'm actually a Plat player just like you, but unlike you I know how bad I am and know that I can improve instead of blaming the game for its shitty skillshots and for "Rito being full of neckbeards that can't develop"
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-01-29 14:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bronze level thoughts. Sorry.

Why are they playing unreliable champions in tournaments? Hell they don't even ban reliable champions, I don't understand your logic.
Do you know how poker works? It's well over 80% chance. So why are there pro poker players? Hmmmm. Because even with random variables skill still has weight and in a game of equals the more skilled oen will usually win. That doesn't mean however some lucky *** doesn't get royal flushes every other hand and beat pro players in small sample sizes. It's about consistency. It's already an issue and now Riot's patch notes are like, well our fix to assassins is to make them less reliable. GO. Read the patch notes yourself. It's right there in black and white. Now if you think it's a great idea fine. But I don't. And I have stated why. You're all the fools though if you think it makes for a more healthy game. Unreliability in anything you want to consider a game of skill is stupid.

You can target only champs in the settings.

Unless you click the wrong keys and still click the minion. There is a random variable so it's bad :/
Unfortunately your intent had the opposite outcome. You're so attached to the idea that skillshots are based of pure skill and are good for game balance you can't even admit the truths behind the numbers.

The only truth behind the numbers is that skillshots miss sometimes and aren't always 100% reliable. That doesn't at all make them "completely random". Just because you can dodge something based off of how you the player react to it as opposed to an RNG mechanic that League used to have known as dodge to dodge AAs does not make it bad or broken or random.

If you really think that people being able to dodge something is really that bad go ahead and make your own *** Moba or bring it up to the designers at Riot. Go ahead. Every *** Moba has skillshots, get used to it or don't play Mobas.

You're either A. someone who can't land skillshots, B. someone who can't dodge skillshots, C. someone who can't do either, D. An internet troll like myself, of E. HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

I'm leaning towards E.

Show me how skillshots are in any way actually RNG like you're asserting or I don't care and don't need to actually argue against your point and can just dismiss it because you're not actually asserting anything with any actual evidence.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-01-29 14:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, in case you were wondering I'm actually a Plat player just like you, but unlike you I know how bad I am and know that I can improve instead of blaming the game for its shitty skillshots and for "Rito being full of neckbeards that can't develop"
Lol, sure. And if you have a difference of opinion I don't mind. But trying to defeat my argument by debasing me is a 2 year olds approach to anything. You might be good at League, but your lack of ability to debate without making it personal shows a gross lack of maturity. Don't feel too bad, there's lots of neckbeards without social skills, and if you start using fire don't be upset when you get burned.

The fact that you're using ad hominem to try to argue against my points isn't helping your case at all and I'm just starting to get the feeling that you're a *** just like me.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2015-01-29 14:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

All I'm saying is that your arguments make sense in the fact that skillshots are unreliable, all I'm saying is that it doesn't make them random, and that they are in fact healthy for the game. Where we differ is that you think that point and click skills are healthy while I and pretty much everyone else agree that they are not.

There isn't a way for either of us to convince the other because you and I both seem stubborn, the only difference being that one of us actually has a good point.

So why not stop because I really have to get back to programming.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2015-01-29 14:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Can vouch, is bad. Lands skill shots though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-01-29 14:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see your point being discussed in the official forums~

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-29 14:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nostalgia...i'm so glad to be done with plat and the toxicity.

Three things

First, 'counterplay' means negating your opponents strengths through any means at your disposal. This CAN be simply dodging a fizz fish, or a zed shadow jumping as a le blanc distortions in, but it can also mean itemization against a thresh or blitzcrank - banshee's veil, or even something as simple as warding out a rengar, nocturne or fiddlesticks ult - deeps wards for first two, flank wards for fiddle.

Second is skillshots. To a degree they are unreliable but you can assign a certain probability to them. Assuming you're against a completely unknown player then depending on distance and skillshot size the chance of hitting them can vary from 1 in 3 to 1 in 9. This takes into account the opponents juke options and positions.

That said, every single person has habits and patterns. Once you've seen them dodge a few shots or even after a few games you can start to predict them. At this point skillshots become much more reliable .
Furthermore there are some certain exceptions where you can 'force' a skillshot, requiring the opponent to predict you instead of juking you. This includes flash > point blank shots like a flash fizz fish or charm rush, this gets even better once u can reliably animation cancel. The only practical way of dodging these is to preemptively flash or use some other kind of mobility.

Final point is quite simple. Argument and discussion are good, they get you thinking, but once it degenerates to the point of insults and jeering then the actual discussion gets forgotten and new ideas stop coming. This is why I think plat has the stigma for being toxic. IMO the players in plat are reaching the level where they want to seriously think about the deeper points of the game and rationalize everything, but are yet to reach the point where they know how to do this, causing their arguments to often seem unfinished or unrefined as they search for answers.

TLDR: Dont act like children, seriously listening to others is good for both sides.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 571 572 573 ... 577 578 579