One Day Untill Halo Reach Beta!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » one day untill halo reach beta!
one day untill halo reach beta!
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-05-02 19:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how you even mention the waste of computer data known as jade empire lol >.> and bad company (both) is so fail its stupid
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-05-02 19:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Sylph.Legado said:
Why do people hate Halo anyways?

Halo is _______.

Overrated, overhyped, has outdated controls, terrible graphics, repetitive, linear.

Take your pick.

It doesn't help that the entire Halo player base is worse then every other FPS game combined ... x4.
Repetitive? You play(ed) FF11 and you call Halo repetitive? Just pointing that out.

Graphics have nothing to do with enjoying the GAME. I'd play Goldeneye or Perfect Dark over any new game thats been released. I never really cared for graphics, when I play any FPS I never really say "OH ***LOOK AT THE LITTLE BULLET HOLE IN HIS SHIRT" or "I wish I could see the exact details of this mans face"

Any online game, with the exception of some of the less media frenzied games, which are usually the good ones, like TF2 will have children playing them. My uncle lets his 9 year old son play cod, worst of all he plays with a headset on all the time.

This is why you have the option to mute people, so you can't really *** about them. Not that I'm saying its practical to mute every single person you come across, but the option is still there.
By Zekko 2010-05-02 20:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooooooooooo many haters. I'll admit Halo 3 and ODST weren't as good as 1 and 2 but cmon.
Kujata.Akeda said:
"Overrated, overhyped, has outdated controls, terrible graphics, repetitive, linear"

Did you play 1 & 2? They defined FPS's. I hope you're kidding about the graphics part because FF11 has the worst graphics of an MMO to date(2010 im talking about here). Way to contradict yourself.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-02 20:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Sooooooooooo many haters. I'll admit Halo 3 and ODST weren't as good as 1 and 2 but cmon.
Kujata.Akeda said:
"Overrated, overhyped, has outdated controls, terrible graphics, repetitive, linear"

Did you play 1 & 2? They defined FPS's. I hope you're kidding about the graphics part because FF11 has the worst graphics of an MMO to date(2010 im talking about here). Way to contradict yourself.

No, they didn't define FPS in any way.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-05-02 20:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

id say goldeneye 64 defined it imo >.>
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-02 20:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Halo sure as hell did not define an FPS, lol.
Shields? wat.

It just was popular. It has a great storyline. I won't even bother with the online - I'm sick of shields.

Was it a good FPS for a console? Sure. Many people would buy Xbox's just for Halo.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-02 20:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Games that defined the FPS in my mind:

1. Half Life series
2. Unreal Tournament
3. Quake
4. Counter Strike
5. TFC
6. Battlefield
7. CoD2
8. Goldeneye 64
9. Timesplitters series
10. Duke Nukem series

I *** hated Deus ex, just putting it out there.
By Zekko 2010-05-02 20:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzeikx said:
id say goldeneye 64 defined it imo >.>

I agree, but Halo did change the way i viewed FPS's. The epic music, epic gunfights, graphics for the xbox at the time were superb, amazing storyline, theres plenty to say about it.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-05-02 20:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

1 fail
2 good
3 epic fail
4 fail
5 cant say i remember this one
6 all good but bc
7 decent but hate team killers
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-02 20:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xzeikx said:
1 fail
2 good
3 epic fail
4 fail
5 cant say i remember this one
6 all good but bc
7 decent but hate team killers

How can you call the Half life series fail? lol.
By Zekko 2010-05-02 20:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Games that defined the FPS in my mind:

2. Unreal Tournament
3. Quake
7. CoD2
8. Goldeneye 64
9. Timesplitters series

I agree with them. Timesplitters was absolutly terrific!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-02 20:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Although I personally haven't played Counterstrike that much (I tried over a friend's house but I can't play an FPS with a mouse / keyboard. I'm horrible at it, lol), I'd say that defined FPSs. That game is HOW old and tons of people still play it to this day.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-02 20:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Although I personally haven't played Counterstrike that much (I tried over a friend's house but I can't play an FPS with a mouse / keyboard. I'm horrible at it, lol), I'd say that defined FPSs. That game is HOW old and tons of people still play it to this day.

Exactly what I mean, the original CS defined a lot.

TFC = Team fortress (original)
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-05-02 20:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think HL and Fail go in the same sentence unless to elaborate the lack of fail.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-05-02 20:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Doom
2. Duke Nukem (made them fun)
3. Golden Eye
4. Quake years...
5. BF
6. BF2
7. blah blah CS, Half Life... all ones i never played
8. CoD4 modern warfare
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-05-02 20:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i played counter strike a few times just couldnt get into it personally i liked timesplitters goldeneye64 perfect dark (64) mw2 halo 2 battlefield 1942 and modern combat 2 on nq xbox i agree halo 3 looks nice but just wasnt good enough for me nor was odst
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-02 20:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Half life and CS (which was a mod to the original HL if no-one knew) are one of the major factors of what has become of the PC FPS today.

Team Fortress which was a mod originally off of the quake engine defined multi-class gameplay. It was the first, and imo one of the best.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-05-02 20:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ah yea and duke nukem 64 back in the day fun times
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-02 20:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked perfect dark, but it felt like a glorified Goldeneye to me. It was nice (Laptop gun yes please) but all in all it was just building on the engine Rare had created before.
 Sylph.Legado
Server: Sylph
user: SirVergil
By Sylph.Legado 2010-05-02 20:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering.. so Halo suck cuz how the FPS is like?
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-05-02 20:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

closest to HL and CS ive come is shadow run not a awesome game but hilarious to play with friends
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-05-02 20:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Think Red Faction is ahead of its time, destructable terrain.. drool.. well bad company has finally.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-02 20:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ODST pissed me off. If I knew I was paying for a shitty mini-expansion and the Halo Reach Beta I would've never gotten it. I will ONLY get Halo Reach for the single player and Co-op with friends. I refuse to go online - Halo has one of the worst communities (MW2 has the worst I'd say) and online just frustrates you. Everyone just wants to run around with a Battle Rifle. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-02 20:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't believe Megadeth did a version of this, one of the best FPS themes *** EVER!

\,,/
By Zekko 2010-05-02 20:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
ODST pissed me off. If I knew I was paying for a shitty mini-expansion and the Halo Reach Beta I would've never gotten it. I will ONLY get Halo Reach for the single player and Co-op with friends. I refuse to go online - Halo has one of the worst communities (MW2 has the worst I'd say) and online just frustrates you. Everyone just wants to run around with a Battle Rifle. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Pretty much. I prefer the Halo community to the CoD one though, CoD has become so bad :/ I remember the times back in 04(05?) when you could play CoD2 online and wouldnt have children screaming down your ear.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-05-02 20:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

CoD has team killers halo has modders dont think it will ever change :/
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-02 20:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok the original is still better

Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-02 20:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Halo sure as hell did not define an FPS, lol.
Shields? wat.

It just was popular. It has a great storyline. I won't even bother with the online - I'm sick of shields.

Was it a good FPS for a console? Sure. Many people would buy Xbox's just for Halo.

Halo has a terrible storyline... Until they introduced an actual sympathetic character with a shred of Humanity, Arbiter(Irony). The struggle of the Elites against the Brutes was a little downplayed for Tommy Testosterone Master Chief, and following that through beyond Halo2 would have made for much better storytelling than Master Chief's cookie Cutter "I'ma beat stuff up cause I have powered armor lol" motif.

The Bullet Tolerance mechanic never has, and never will belong in FPS. It belongs in Cover-based shooters (Gears of War) because it compliments the stand-off gameplay, but for bunny hops and rushing, Health%/Bar ftw....
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-02 20:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ok the original is still better

Duke was pro as ***. I liked the lighting much better on 64, but I still have Duke3d on XBLA, along with Doom. It's a shame Forever isn't going to be released until 2 weeks after Battletoads, I was really looking forward to propagating the master race again!
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-05-02 20:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

need to release DN 64 to XBLA D:
like PD for online