Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 4 years Ago...
4 years Ago...
By Tyranous 2010-04-29 14:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi! It is good to be back Vana'Diel!

A lot has changed in the 4 years I have been gone. FF11 was overwhelming then and even more so now. Do you guys have any advice, suggestions, good LS suggestions for me other than GTFO?

I am starting a static with a friend. BLU/WAR later /NIN for me and DRG/WHM for her. We are main jobs are lvl 1. We are going to begin leveling this weekend, any advice to speed up leveling for the two of us? I am wondering what the new perks are. I know there are field manuals and adventuring fellows, also I guess your own choco would speed things up.

What is required for XP parties now?

If I recall it was best to bring a lot of food, ammo, tools, whatever you needed to be the best you could be for an xp party. You had to have the right weapons for your job, the best gear you can, all your skills at cap or near, know how to magic burst and skill chain, pull, xp chain so on. (I know you all are aware of this, I just wanted you to know I wasn't some idiot WHM subbing WAR in an EXP party.)

I just want to play the best I can so I can show respect to other players that do the same.

Thanks for your responses!
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-29 14:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

4 years ago, a man's fantasy became a reality in a forum never seen before: Kitchen Stadium, a giant cooking arena. The motivation for spending his fortune to create Kitchen Stadium was to encounter new original cuisines which could be called true artistic creations.
[+]
 Odin.Trelan
Server: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-04-29 14:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Iron Chef?

@Tyranous - Sounds like you know what to do, go out and have fun!
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-04-29 14:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How can anyone tell you things like what LS to join when you haven't said what server you are on?
 Cerberus.Hiryo
Server: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-04-29 14:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Latest guide..
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-04-29 14:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fields of Valor, look into it. Makes leveling much faster
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-04-29 14:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
4 years ago, a man's fantasy became a reality in a forum never seen before: Kitchen Stadium, a giant cooking arena. The motivation for spending his fortune to create Kitchen Stadium was to encounter new original cuisines which could be called true artistic creations.
[+]
 Odin.Trelan
Server: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-04-29 14:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hiryo said:

and something told me not to click that... I was hoping if it was a joke the web blocker would catch it.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-29 14:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

nom nom nom
By Tyranous 2010-04-29 14:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on Titan. I was trying to figure out how to get my name to say Tyranous.Titan

Yes Iron Chef!
By Akeda 2010-04-29 14:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tyranous said:
I was trying to figure out how to get my name to say Tyranous.Titan

After you verify your character the reply box has a check box that says 'Post As' that'll let you pick between display names.
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
Server: Ragnarok
user: Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-04-29 19:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hiryo said:
I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!!!!! :P got me... xD
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-04-29 20:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

hiryo + links = lol
By serenata 2010-04-29 20:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Magna Carta 2... which I played recently. The graphics are nice but the gameplay was rather annoying and the storyline was sooo very corny lol. Not to mention it was pretty easy... I sold it back to Game Stop as soon as I finished it.
 Sylph.Shaman
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shaman 2010-04-29 20:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hiryo said:

firefox+No script, too bad lol.
[+]
 Titan.Tyranous
Server: Titan
user: Tyranous
By Titan.Tyranous 2010-04-30 06:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your help.
 Leviathan.Optimis
Server: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-04-30 06:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hiryo said:
lmao best guide ever
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-04-30 06:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My advice is don't do BLU as your first job because some of the best spells are in sea, and so your BLU will kinda suck if you don't have sea access. Plus these days finding groups to do CoP with can be quite a challenge.

I recommend DRG as first job, they get tons of invites these days, they're awesome for merit parties later on and with Healing Breath they can solo well.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-30 07:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Tyranous said:
Hi! It is good to be back Vana'Diel! A lot has changed since last Thursday. FF11 was overwhelming then and even more so now. Do you guys have any advice, suggestions, good LS suggestions for me other than GTFO? I am starting a static with a friend. BLU/WAR later /NIN for me and DRG/WHM for her. We are main jobs are lvl 1. We are going to begin leveling this weekend, any advice to speed up leveling for the two of us? I am wondering what the new perks are. I know there are field manuals and adventuring fellows, also I guess your own choco would speed things up. What is required for XP parties now? If I recall it was best to bring a lot of food, ammo, tools, whatever you needed to be the best you could be for an xp party. You had to have the right weapons for your job, the best gear you can, all your skills at cap or near, know how to magic burst and skill chain, pull, xp chain so on. (I know you all are aware of this, I just wanted you to know I wasn't some idiot WHM subbing WAR in an EXP party.) I just want to play the best I can so I can show respect to other players that do the same. Thanks for your responses!

Fixed.