Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sky » Sky Drop Options
Sky Drop Options
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2010-04-29 13:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have risen to the top spot for my kitty pants in yet another shell and had it /breaklinkshell or just stop doing sky.

If you were in my position would you buy/farm pop items or climb the points totem pole on another LS ?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 13:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd find another LS because you can get more than just Byakko's Haidate then.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-04-29 13:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i had this happen 3 times in a row, plus another LS that when it was my turn let someone else get them instead simply because they had NIN 75 and needed it more than my SAM.

I ended up taking MNK and NIN to 75 then joined another shell to have it break. After that i bought pop items and then nobody would *** merc it for me lol.

Finally i made my own sky LS and we have now obtained around 9-10 byakko pants in a timeframe from january to now.

Sometimes you have to take things into you're own hands. Ask LS's about mercing before buying the pop items though if you plan to go that route.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-29 13:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends if you are loaded or not..if you can blow 5~7m gil then by all means buy them. If you don't have that money to blow for Hidate then either start a group of your own just to farm Byakko (would prolly need 12ish ppl with brdx2 and tank x2) or be the patient person you are and climb all do the climb all over again.

Byakko can be farmed very easily just need to have lots of patience.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-29 14:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Best thing is to try and join an LS that has been around for a while (Maybe like a sky/dyna or limbus/sky LS) so you know they won't break right away and those usually have less people needing Haidate.
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-29 14:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont need anything else from sky can always make a byakko haidate linkshell and just focus on the rest of the members getting the item. Sort of like Omega only ls.

To add I got my kitty pants the day my first sky ls broke...
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-04-29 15:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Best thing is to try and join an LS that has been around for a while (Maybe like a sky/dyna or limbus/sky LS) so you know they won't break right away and those usually have less people needing Haidate.

^this

HELL I'd say join my LS if you were on my server...
Everything nearly goes freelot, and the line for B.Hiadate is nearly gone :D

Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-04-29 15:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Ask LS's about mercing before buying the pop items though if you plan to go that route.

I can imagine the problem with mercing haidate is either most sky ls's have lists of thier own to clear so probably wouldnt't let you lock it or they'll charge huge sums for killing it.

Over here I think it's 5mil for haidate from selling ls's and if you're providing pop sets... well my LS's worst streak is 1/5 so potentially ~5mil just for popsets.

If you've got quite a bit of experiance in sky it's the easiest endgame event to lead imo and there never seems to be a shortage of people wanting to do it, but being a leader can be really stressful.

If you do decide to join another ls maybe hang around sky and see how good they are first and the sort of numbers they go with, you'd hate to have another bad experiance =/
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-04-29 16:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How many friends do you have? 'cause Byakko isn't exactly hard.

My LS, which is a social LS in structure, got Haidate (and other sky drops) for several of our members last year sometime by buying/occasionally farming pops and just killing them with ~8-12 people.

Put out some feelers with your friends and see if you'd have a workable setup. There's really little reason to commit to what could be months and months of LS activities when all you -really- need are pop items and maybe an hour of a few people's time.

Granted, if your social network is nonexistent, then this may not be as much of an option.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-30 10:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do Byakko with a group of six, and you can farm the pop items in a group of 3-6. Just need the right setup. (RDM BRD PLD or NIN SAM COR or RNG WHM is one set of jobs that can work very well).

My advice, salvage any friends you have left from the broken shell, pull em together and see if they are willing to help you farm up a set and pop the thing.

If not, start your own HNMLS and attend all your own events, then get them when you choose to.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-04-30 11:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Copy and pasted from another thread I typed this in a while back.
------
@OP.

I see you have BLM. Any BLM, regardless of skill, can solo Byakko. It just takes an assload of EXP, proper postioning (I highly suggest the use of the distance plug in on windower. Granted, I was on 360 and didn't use it when I tried this.), a LOT of time and the will to do this without rage throwing something.

Go cap your EXP on puddings or whatever it is you kids do for fun these days. Astral Burn it for all I care. Just cap it. Don't have it at 40k. You're gonna wanna CAP it. >_>

Now, you can do one of two things. If you're a cheap person but rather risk, go BLM/WHM. Byakko is liable to aggro you when you get in cast range this way, so if you die in aggro range...forgive my language but. Sir, you're ***.

If you go BLM/NIN, you can more likely run in and Bio, then run out of range much more easily. In addition, you can Drain once in a while this way, tacking on a bit more damage.

Get the idea? No? You're gonna Bio-Zombie kill Byakko. It will take hours and a ton of EXP, but you're gonna slowly chip away at its 20,000 or so HP, one DoT at a time. This is much easier if you have a BLM or RDM friend willing to help...but even more of a prize catch if you can dualbox a WHM, or have a WHM WAY the hell away from Byakko to come and R3 you every time you die. Saving 900 EXP per death is very, very scrumptious. a SCH for R2 works well also.

Yeah, I've tried, tested and succeeded this way. It took a bit of EXP even with a WHM to R3, and she got bored as sin after like two hours. xD And a random merc linkshell sent a few hate tells but hey. Got the drop for a buddy of mine, and I walked away with a Behemoth Leather for my troubles.

If all else fails, throw stupidity at Byakko until he dies on your BLM. :D
-----

Of course, you can still join another shell anyway if you want something else.
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-04-30 11:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Could risk an eleseal bind every 5 mins for a kablamo nuke
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-30 11:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
Copy and pasted from another thread I typed this in a while back.
------
@OP.

I see you have BLM. Any BLM, regardless of skill, can solo Byakko. It just takes an assload of EXP, proper postioning (I highly suggest the use of the distance plug in on windower. Granted, I was on 360 and didn't use it when I tried this.), a LOT of time and the will to do this without rage throwing something.

Go cap your EXP on puddings or whatever it is you kids do for fun these days. Astral Burn it for all I care. Just cap it. Don't have it at 40k. You're gonna wanna CAP it. >_>

Now, you can do one of two things. If you're a cheap person but rather risk, go BLM/WHM. Byakko is liable to aggro you when you get in cast range this way, so if you die in aggro range...forgive my language but. Sir, you're ***.

If you go BLM/NIN, you can more likely run in and Bio, then run out of range much more easily. In addition, you can Drain once in a while this way, tacking on a bit more damage.

Get the idea? No? You're gonna Bio-Zombie kill Byakko. It will take hours and a ton of EXP, but you're gonna slowly chip away at its 20,000 or so HP, one DoT at a time. This is much easier if you have a BLM or RDM friend willing to help...but even more of a prize catch if you can dualbox a WHM, or have a WHM WAY the hell away from Byakko to come and R3 you every time you die. Saving 900 EXP per death is very, very scrumptious. a SCH for R2 works well also.

Yeah, I've tried, tested and succeeded this way. It took a bit of EXP even with a WHM to R3, and she got bored as sin after like two hours. xD And a random merc linkshell sent a few hate tells but hey. Got the drop for a buddy of mine, and I walked away with a Behemoth Leather for my troubles.

If all else fails, throw stupidity at Byakko until he dies on your BLM. :D
-----

Of course, you can still join another shell anyway if you want something else.

You sir, would enjoy WoW. That game is full of mindless dumbasses throwing themselves into fights with no idea of whats going on.

As stupid as the idea is, it could actually work, and whats 44k exp if you have a shiny new pair of Haidate. However you could just do it the easy way, THF NIN PLD BRD RDM.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-04-30 11:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
^ Could risk an eleseal bind every 5 mins for a kablamo nuke
Negative. :/ SE added double weakened a long time ago to BLM. Since you're gonna be reraising to bio, you will always be weakened. All elemental magic will do 0. Dark magic still does damage though...so Bio damage and it's DoT, along with drain will still do damage. Being able to nuke would help if it were possible...which is why having a second BLM for a nuke every 5 minutes would make life a bit easier.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-04-30 11:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make a group of 6-8 friends and kill it with your own pop items. It's not extremely easy but if you're relatively skilled (as should be your friends) you shouldn't have many problems.

Bioing it to death would be ridiculous, not so much due to XP loss, but I couldn't sit there for hours doing it.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-30 11:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting to the Island is the problem.... A lot of people seem to um agro stuff on the way there lol

Don't die and make sure yellow door is open....
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-30 11:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Getting to the Island is the problem.... A lot of people seem to um agro stuff on the way there lol

Don't die and make sure yellow door is open....

Die at the bridge and get one of the people walking by to tractor you, as there is always someone down there.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-30 11:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a whm and people are lazy or will agro...
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-30 11:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol wouldn't it be easier to find 5 friends than take the time to cap blm xp..buy 30 RR2 hairpins and then take 6 hours to kill Byakko?

I know there is a fun element to solo/lowman but soloing Byakko by Bio/Die doesn't sound like much fun to me..and I can't even imagine the time it would take..

I did an 8Rdm Byakko kill once for fun but even that took like 2+ hours and we could do small nukes and didn't go thru 44k worth of buffer.

GL on drop on however you kill it.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-04-30 15:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I got mine when a friend gave me a free gem of the west than i duoed some diorite and had a friend kill ulli for me than just got a bunch of peeps together to kill byakko offering all other drops besides haidate as free lot. Worked pretty well as long as you got a good set up and the people know what they're doing. Just hope you get lucky and go 1/1 :D
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-04-30 16:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Start your own shell
2. Keep all pop items and ls bank on yourself or a mule you control
3. Acquire Kitty pants
4. /breaklinkshell to keep the cycle going for others
5. Sell your pops
6. Profit!