Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » rdm sub job
rdm sub job
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-04-20 01:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ok is SE really gona give all mage jobs convert/refresh? so rdm is gona be the sub job of choice for everybody now? i thought it already was, lol but now it is just gona be way to strong any thoughts?
[+]
 Diabolos.Vendrak
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Vendrak
By Diabolos.Vendrak 2010-04-20 03:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Things are probably going to be stronger in the game to compensate.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-04-20 04:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said:
ok is SE really gona give all mage jobs convert/refresh? so rdm is gona be the sub job of choice for everybody now? i thought it already was, lol but now it is just gona be way to strong any thoughts?

Too strong? No. People said the same thing about /sam getting meditate OH NOES! SAM LOSE ITS OWN ABILITY TO OTHERS!!!! No...with /sam meditate only gives 80 tp...or maybe 60..something idk..either way its not the full 100...the same will prob happen for /rdm...it will probably be 2mp instead of 3..or give rdm refresh 2 (even though that spell isn't in the dats...) it could happen
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-04-20 10:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has also made mention of boosting the "unique aspects" of RDM to compensate.

For example, if they implement Refresh II, then that'd likely make Refresh passe. Haste II, likewise. More, and more potent enfeebles too perhaps (Amnesia please >___> )

Frankly, MP recovery could use a boost all around, especially as the cap goes up. The greater HP/MP pools become, the more paltry the 150MP over 2.5 minutes becomes. To me, the bigger issue is the relative lack of progression for many jobs post-50 in terms of unique spells/JAs/etc. So much of that was left for merits, when realistically things like Phalanx II or Slow II coulda/shoulda been made available far sooner. They stretched it, made us wait until 75 + merits for things that should have been level 60 spells, and now what?

It wouldn't surprise me to see JAs nerfed, but I think spells will simply have level-appropriate versions introduced.
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2010-04-20 10:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly, I don't think it'd be a problem having Refresh and Convert totally unpenalized. Nowadays, we need to be able keep fighting while minimizing our need to rest. That becomes clear when you think about all of the times parties look to COR, BRD and RDM to offer a kind of Refresh. Imagine if we could all Refresh ourselves.

Secondly, as MP pools get larger, /RDM Refresh will become less and less "game breaking" and more par for the course.
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-04-20 10:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If they keep refresh at 3 mp/tick and give it to all mages, and at the same time give rdm refresh II and make it 6 mp/tick, then it will all balance itself out.

Rdm won't be gimped to ***, and everyone will get their refresh.
By Tubby 2010-04-20 15:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said:
SE has also made mention of boosting the "unique aspects" of RDM to compensate. For example, if they implement Refresh II, then that'd likely make Refresh passe. Haste II, likewise. More, and more potent enfeebles too perhaps (Amnesia please >___> ) Frankly, MP recovery could use a boost all around, especially as the cap goes up. The greater HP/MP pools become, the more paltry the 150MP over 2.5 minutes becomes. To me, the bigger issue is the relative lack of progression for many jobs post-50 in terms of unique spells/JAs/etc. So much of that was left for merits, when realistically things like Phalanx II or Slow II coulda/shoulda been made available far sooner. They stretched it, made us wait until 75 merits for things that should have been level 60 spells, and now what? It wouldn't surprise me to see JAs nerfed, but I think spells will simply have level-appropriate versions introduced.
Oh wow...Amnesia...that would be nice...
This is SE we're talking about, though. Not likely.
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-04-20 15:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Amnesia would be just a little game breaking. Especially on mobs that have notoriously bad TP moves.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-20 15:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Aurilius said:
Amnesia would be just a little game breaking. Especially on mobs that have notoriously bad TP moves.

Just epically gimp the duration and put it on a stupidly high recast (ie, make it stun) and it wouldn't be too broken.

That or make it hard to land on anything above EM.
 Sylph.Darkei
Server: Sylph
user: Darkei
By Sylph.Darkei 2010-04-20 15:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe as /rdm convert only convert half hp or refresh 1~2 MP ticks, as meditate of /sam, why believe that /rdm will complete skills?
 Sylph.Brenden
user: Brenden
By Sylph.Brenden 2010-04-20 15:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They've definitely made mention of new enfeebles for RDM; I think Haste II and Refresh II will definitely happen, also Diaga II. I'm hoping we will see Break for RDM's as one of the new enfeebles.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-20 15:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brenden said:
Diaga II
What exactly would this be used for? The situations that call for Diaga don't warrant additional DoT or defense down.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-20 15:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Brenden said:
Diaga II
What exactly would this be used for? The situations that call for Diaga don't warrant additional DoT or defense down.

Didn't you know? every time you use Diaga II it gives you 10k.
 Sylph.Brenden
user: Brenden
By Sylph.Brenden 2010-04-20 16:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It wouldn't be good for much of anything, but SE would add it probably just because it would be kinda silly for a level 99 RDM not to have lol. Doesn't make sense how u can have Dia III and only Diaga I.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-20 16:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Aurilius said:
It doesn't have to be. Look at lowing. If used rigth it pretty much is like an amesia. One that wouldn't cause the mob to spam moves the second it wears off. And yet how often do you see that getting used? Or the 2 blu and 1 drk tp stealing moves?
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-04-20 17:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Aurilius said:

It would depend on the implementation. I wouldn't assume it to be a 100% stick rate. Not like Silence is. Some (at least) NMs would likely be immune too, just like with Silence.

In some ways it'd be more feasible than, say, Break that actually works like the mob version, or Terror, or even Curse, though all of those would be welcome/interesting additions as well.

Powerful? Certainly. I should hope that very high level, job-defining spells would be. The other thing to figure is that it wouldn't be in a vacuum. RDM might get some great new enfeebles + Haste/Refresh II. Other mages would get similarly splendiferous new toys, and so on.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-20 17:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Blus get terror...