Dragon Age Origins : Awakenings, Queen Of The Black Marsh

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Dragon Age Origins : Awakenings, Queen of the Black Marsh
Dragon Age Origins : Awakenings, Queen of the Black Marsh
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-10 02:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone played this game yet? If so, did you fight the dragon in the marsh?? I've attempted it like 20 times now, and I'm lucky to get her down to just below 75%...

If you did and you did beat her, what level range where your characters? I'm at 22-23, and I'm starting to think this is literally impossible at my level. Current party set up is Mage, Mage, Warrior, Warrior, all equipped above average.

I've already read some guides on it, and there seems to be a few ways to approach it, problem is none seem to work for me. Is this fight even worth it to begin with? I remember in the first game fighting Andraste in dragon form gave you maybe 1-2 good (not great) items and the rest was pretty worthless.
 Sylph.Cerilono
Server: Sylph
user: Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2010-04-10 03:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I have beaten this dragon, though I played on easy because I just got tired of Normal after beating it, might as well gimp it through. My characters were around lvl 30 at my attempt, and the dragon drops I think 2 ingredients for the best 2 handed sword for a Warrior, and some sort of mage staff/armor.

The dragon itself? Well, waste of my *** time really. Took a while to kill it.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-10 03:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, this always happens, as soon as I post about something like this, I beat it -.-;; I just beat it, but only just. I had to throw pretty much every single potion/lyrium away, and do everything old RPG style, turn based. Tell them all to do something, unpause wait for them to complete command, pause, repeat the whole way through. Let's see, I got down to business pretty much as soon as I posted this, so it took about 30 mins to beat the ***.

EDIT: I did it on normal though. I've already beat DOA like 4 times, so I figured I could handle the new one on normal since I already know how everything works.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-10 03:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay I had to post. I beat this dragon my first try. I did burn through potices and lyrium jugs pretty quick at first. The dragon at a certain % will disappear to and turn into orbs of light. The more you destroy before they enter the big one at center the more dmg it will take during this phase and also won't recover health. If any are allowed to return to the main orb, it will regain health. The more orbs left standing, the more it regains. Think Crystiline Entity from Star Trek Online. My main char was transfered from DO and is a rogue. I used Justice to straight tank the dragon. Use spirit resistance gear and spirit resistance items for ALL party members but top priority goes to main tank. Have Justice focus on sword and sheild and keeping as much enmity up as possible. Change his tactics so that he does the moves when you need them and make sure he auto second winds for stamina recover. If your main is the tank then bring along a DD capable of using a bow and arrow or attack. But my party consisted of me (rogue) Justice as tank, Anders as DD mage and the elf mage (forget her name) as healer as if I had wynne in party kinda thing. Anyways keep the mages as far away from AOE as possible, same with your ranged DD. Only one meleeing dragon should be Tank. Percise stricking does stack with Justices other buffs so use that so he does some amount of dmg. Oh and my character lvls are in the 26-28 range. To be honest the Arch demon isnt much different from this fight except this dragon is smaller and doesnt move out of reach. It does like to switch hate targets often so keeping full attention on Justice is a MUST! PM me if you need more help ^^
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-10 03:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

also with my strategy it took me 10mins.