users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-02 05:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone here play it on PS3? If so, has anyone else noticed a drastic change from a week or so ago? When it first came out, the teams were well balanced, it was a challenge and it was anyone's game.. Now it seems every match I find myself in, one side is kicking the living ***out of the other.. You're either on the team that has the enemy pinned down in their uncap base, or you're on the team that's pinned down in the uncap base...

I kept thinking maybe it's just the people in the certain match I happen to be in.. But I've switched and switched and they're all the same =/.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-04-02 05:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly think the original Battlefield was better, they trying to hard!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-02 05:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I love this BF, I started on with BF1942 on PC...

There's not alot of good FPS to choose from IMO, I really can't stand MW or MW2, I got BC1, but felt it was kinda childish like, just didn't give that immersive experience, but this one delivers for me.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
Server: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-04-02 06:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Battlefield 2 was by far the best game.

I have Bad company 2 on the Xbox, it's fun, but starting to get a bit boring now i've unlocked everything
By Skyshadow 2010-04-02 06:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on Xbox360 quite a bit. I do find myself eaither on a really good team or shitty one.

But you have to think, when it first came out, everyone was getting used to it and most people were just noobing it up together.

Now thats its been out for a while the hardcore players are still around, and the new people who are just picking up the game are getting smoked, sometimes you get stuck with the noobs, sometimes you dont.

I'm sure the gun unlocks dont help aswell, where the higher rank people have so many choices.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-02 06:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Skyshadow said:
I play on Xbox360 quite a bit. I do find myself eaither on a really good team or shitty one.

But you have to think, when it first came out, everyone was getting used to it and most people were just noobing it up together.

Now thats its been out for a while the hardcore players are still around, and the new people who are just picking up the game are getting smoked, sometimes you get stuck with the noobs, sometimes you dont.

I'm sure the gun unlocks dont help aswell, where the higher rank people have so many choices.

Yeah that does play a crucial role in it all, I have quite a few unlocked (all of sniper, most all of engineer, some in assault and a few in medic) I find myself picking different weapons even from the same kit, depending on the map..

Like, on Atacama Desert it's the GOL MAG, but in places like the new conquest map that just got released, the VSS is great..
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-02 07:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really fun, but only if you're in a squad of friends. Randoms always just snipe...on *** offense. Why do we need 8 snipers while attacking?!
 Lakshmi.Ashido
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ashido
By Lakshmi.Ashido 2010-04-02 07:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

BC 1 was fun
BC 2 is srs bsns , also the online game play is hawt
 Fenrir.Havster
Server: Fenrir
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2010-04-02 07:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Im finding if im in a squad with my mates and all on headsets we tear it up, if 3 of you down then you can tell the remaining one to get in a hiding place and let us spawn.

Its how the good squads are owning the matches and they appear to continuously be on top of the other team.

The Snipers..... slightly annoying till you put a kife in their face then all that frustration dissapears lol.

I think they need to fix the Assault class a bit, drop a ammo box and you have infinite M40 grenades and THATS annoying - Noobtubers ftl.

Still absolutely loving this game, sold MW2 immediately.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-02 08:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not even like grenade launchers are a thread. A bullet can kill you just as fast. I wish there was an easier way to know you're fully healed from a medpack.

I also don't play MW2 anymore. That game does nothing but frustrate me, even if I was going like 30-5. I'd still get pissed. I hate that game so much, lol.
 Fenrir.Havster
Server: Fenrir
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2010-04-02 08:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah same, I find when I die on BF2 I sit there thinking "meh..... had that coming tbh" but MW2 I used to want to put my head through the TV screen.

Used to get a little frustrated lol.

And yeah a random squad is norm you on medic and 3 snipers. /sigh

WE NEED TO ATTACK YOU RETARDS AND YOUR WONDERING WHY THEY ARE ON TOP OF US!!!!!

Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-02 17:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I got it as a gift for the PS3. It's pretty fun but I suck so badly with a controller that I never noticed one side being stronger then another.

BF2 on the PC is still a lot of fun, I loved all the huge maps because they made things interesting.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-02 19:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got a triple road kill with a *** boat xD
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-03 12:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's weird, I like to snipe, but I don't just sit in one place and do it generally, I actively take flags even as sniper..

I like to play as other classes alot too though, if I feel like playing another class, the only reason I'll get on sniper is when some Asshat is sitting near the edge of the map somewhere just sniping, I'll get on just to drop mortar on his ***, after mortar is sent then I'll try to get him with the rifle if I have good line of sight.

I also only go for headshots with sniper, It's just so cheap any other way.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-03 12:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not cheap - just generally a waste of time. If you don't kill someone in one shot (which no sniper but the M95 can do, even that has to be really close), they'll run for cover and get away. Unless you use a girly semi-automatic...
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-03 12:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have too much of a problem killing people with one shot body shots, with the GOL Magnum.. Didn't even have that much of a problem with any of the lesser rifles, but then again, I'm not one to generally sit in the background just taking pac shots at random people, I'm usually right in the middle of the fire fights, maybe just a bit behind the medics/engineers/assualts in my squad.

Edit: I'm just really good with quick scoping, It's a habit I developed on Killzone (the first one, I thought the second was complete ***)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-03 12:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. When I snipe (usually with Urial) we sit in the back (he sits ridiculously far back) and snipe, so we have to get a headshot or it's a waste of time.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-03 14:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I see. When I snipe (usually with Urial) we sit in the back (he sits ridiculously far back) and snipe, so we have to get a headshot or it's a waste of time.

Well see even when I know I can take a body shot and kill them (as in just saw them in a fire fight with someone on my team) I'll still really only take the shot if I can get the headshot..

But I've been a sniper for a very long time, ever since I first got MOH:AA, and I feel cheap when I don't get headshots.. I almost want to bring them back to life and kill myself in their place, weird I know.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-03 14:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, a kill is a kill in my book.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-03 14:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Lol, a kill is a kill in my book.

Yeah I know, I'm just weird.. I don't like say ***or get mad when other snipers go for body shots or anything, I'm just sort of a perfectionist.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-03 14:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed many people aiming for the head a lot lately, just sometimes the judging of gravity/distance can get messed up and they miss/hit the body. Also if the target randomly moves; that's always irritating.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2010-04-03 14:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i should go pick this game up..heard nothing but good things so far
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-03 14:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Xdudemanx said:
i should go pick this game up..heard nothing but good things so far

You really should, it's a hardcore game..
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-03 14:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing I really hate is when trying to arm/disarm charges in Rush - it makes you pick up a kit if there's one around, making you stop arming/disarming. That irritates the *** out of me. And how accurate LMGs are. Can't complain about that really since I can use it as well.

Besides those two things, the game is fantastic.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-03 14:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Only thing I really hate is when trying to arm/disarm charges in Rush - it makes you pick up a kit if there's one around, making you stop arming/disarming. That irritates the *** out of me. And how accurate LMGs are. Can't complain about that really since I can use it as well.

Besides those two things, the game is fantastic.

I played rush for all of 10 mins.. Blah, I've always been a conquest person (or TDM if there is one) and this game isn't going to change it..

I hate the fact that there is no just straight TDM, and yeah the LMGs piss me off too, but they compensated for that, ever picked one up? Lol, nearly your whole field of view is obstructed when you bring up the sights, and it's not terribly easy to be accurate when someone's at a medium distance with just the onscreen cross hairs.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-03 14:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the M60's ironsight. Many don't, but I like it.
I unlocked everything already so I know how every gun functions. I like Conquest, but I'm a little more bloodthirsty, and Rush has plenty of action. Whenever I do Conquest, it takes me forever to find anyone. I'm usually assault or engineer.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-03 15:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I love the M60's ironsight. Many don't, but I like it.
I unlocked everything already so I know how every gun functions. I like Conquest, but I'm a little more bloodthirsty, and Rush has plenty of action. Whenever I do Conquest, it takes me forever to find anyone. I'm usually assault or engineer.

I don't have it yet, but I want it :( I'm working on getting it now though lol.. I love older weapons, I've never been much of a fan for the new line of weapons.

There's a reason those old weapons stood the test of time <.< you've probably never even heard of this weapon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauchat
and for good reason.. lol.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-03 15:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really an army person so I'm not good with guns. I couldn't name a single gun if you put one in my face.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-03 15:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I'm not really an army person so I'm not good with guns. I couldn't name a single gun if you put one in my face.

Okay then lemme change that, that gun isn't famous enough to find it's way into a game, even though it was one of the most mass produced guns of the period.

My point was, that a lot of the WWII weapons, and some that saw action mostly in Nam (like the M60) were such great weapons that they prevail to this day.. One of the guns you can get (the very last LMG) was actually a German WWII weapon, and it scared the Allies shitless, it was just that good of a weapon. You can read stories about how people's hearts dropped in their stomach just because they heard it going off, not even necessicarily at them.