Yovra ("UFO") Organs?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Yovra ("UFO") organs?
Yovra ("UFO") organs?
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Stephano
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-03-17 02:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have just unlocked sea finally, and I am shocked at all the new equipment which will be available to me with hard work now.

One of the most important to me as a samurai is weapon skill gorgets. Well, I can solo for the aern and phuabo organs for snow gorget. But no one I know is willing to even try and help me kill a yovra for my single yovra organ.

Are there groups I can go to for help with this? Is anyone willing to try and duo or trio some with me, until we all get 1/2/however many we want/need?

To be honest, I am willing to pay money for help with getting my first yovra organ. Please help me out.
 Ragnarok.Zirael
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2010-03-17 02:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM BLM BLM(or SMN, SCH) + support from a RDM, THF(TH3/TH4) can kill a NQ Yovra (the one roaming on either side of palace entrance) for you without big problems. Just pull to land and nuke-ES+SleepII-nuke.
~50% droprate from my experience.
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-17 02:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Can check FFXIAH bazaar's move to Sylph and buy from Maklin for 300k or shout.
 Seraph.Chasuro
Server: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-17 02:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If there aren't any yet, some Sea linkshells are coming to Bismarck.
 Caitsith.Lerond
Server: Caitsith
user: Lerond
By Caitsith.Lerond 2010-03-17 02:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend of mine we MNK + RDM for the UL' one they did it easy enough so if you can get a full evasion set for your sam and a good rdm to debuff it you could do it.

Drop rate on UL' is 50% and OM' is 100% i think.

Good luck you will need a full gear change macro also because it stips you naked with a ws.
 Caitsith.Blurr
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-17 02:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

theres an old trick too if you have 2 blms willing to help you. if you yourself go to the holla entrance to sea, and pull a hq ufo (100% drop) over to the westernmost border, the wall is thin enough for blms to nuke across from the dem side. when you get the ufo to the wall (which might take an attempt or two if youve never kited one (terrain is your friend)), one of the blms can stun>sleep it so you can log out if you dont wanna sac. or you can just sac, doesnt matter. from there its just pecking away its hp with tier 2 and 3 nukes, draining/aspiring every 60 too. the reason for low nukes is after a nuke lands, about 3 seconds later it will go unclaimed, and about 3 seconds after that will fly back up. i used to solo them with a couple mules, by just ice2>fire2>wind2>drain>aspir>ice2>fire2>wind2>ice2>fire2>wind2, etc till outta mp, and then blm #2 starts. when #2 is out of mp, #1 should be back to full. takes about 15 min for 2 blm to do it. needless to say the ufo will never hit you and its 100% drop <.>
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-03-17 04:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tanked them on thf. A good Mnk/nin can tank them quite well. Honestly though, if your linkshell isn't even willing to help, might need to find a new one.
 Ragnarok.Inga
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2010-03-17 04:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD/WHM and NIN/WAR can easily duo NQ Yorva

double march and your at recast cap easily with at least 15% haste gear.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-17 04:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

In addition to what Blurr said, I always took 1 person to spam Dia if I used the wall to kill UFO's.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-17 05:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:
I have tanked them on thf. A good Mnk/nin can tank them quite well. Honestly though, if your linkshell isn't even willing to help, might need to find a new one.
 Bismarck.Taheenaa
user: Taheenaa
By Bismarck.Taheenaa 2010-03-17 05:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

...just wait till ur lvl 85 n' solo em `.`;

(ヾ(´・ω・`)いってらっちゃ

Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-17 05:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Taheenaa said:
...just wait till ur lvl 85 n' solo em `.`; (ヾ(´・ω・`)いってらっちゃ

That update isn't til June, do you think anyone can wait that long for fTP +0.1?!
 Bismarck.Taheenaa
user: Taheenaa
By Bismarck.Taheenaa 2010-03-17 05:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Freakin' itchy costumes!
 Ragnarok.Zirael
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2010-03-17 05:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't GMs ban people who use this 'old trick' if you get spotted and reported by someone?

====================
theres an old trick too if you have 2 blms willing to help you. if you yourself go to the holla entrance to sea, and pull a hq ufo (100% drop) over to the westernmost border, the wall is thin enough for blms to nuke across from the dem side. when you get the ufo to the wall (which might take an attempt or two if youve never kited one (terrain is your friend)), one of the blms can stun>sleep it so you can log out if you dont wanna sac. or you can just sac, doesnt matter. from there its just pecking away its hp with tier 2 and 3 nukes, draining/aspiring every 60 too. the reason for low nukes is after a nuke lands, about 3 seconds later it will go unclaimed, and about 3 seconds after that will fly back up. i used to solo them with a couple mules, by just ice2>fire2>wind2>drain>aspir>ice2>fire2>wind2>ice2>fire2>wind2, etc till outta mp, and then blm #2 starts. when #2 is out of mp, #1 should be back to full. takes about 15 min for 2 blm to do it. needless to say the ufo will never hit you and its 100% drop <.>
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-17 05:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They do, it's pretty much the same as the teleporter trick where you run on a teleporter to lose hate.

BTW if anyone wants a Kinship Axe you can DoT him and run onto that pad to lose hate, pretty easy solo but it takes a while and if he gets a tp move off you could be screwed (lolTarus)
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-17 05:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zirael said:
Don't GMs ban people who use this 'old trick' if you get spotted and reported by someone?

====================
Sylph.Sindri said:
They do, it's pretty much the same as the teleporter trick where you run on a teleporter to lose hate.

BTW if anyone wants a Kinship Axe you can DoT him and run onto that pad to lose hate, pretty easy solo but it takes a while and if he gets a tp move off you could be screwed (lolTarus)

id love to see them try to "ban" me. it in no way shape or form violates ANY tos..

edit: unless you mean using windower and multiple characters to do it solo.. which i know you didnt, and even then still no <.>
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-17 05:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inga said:
BRD/WHM and NIN/WAR can easily duo NQ Yorva

double march and your at recast cap easily with at least 15% haste gear.
Let me see marches combined are just under 21%... +15% haste puts you at 36% which equates to -36% recast which caps at 50%... puts you ~15% shy. Even with acp body and loq that's still 10%

I hope you aren't counting on npcs keeping you hasted at all times lol. Or maybe for the cap raise so your brd/whm can cast haste?
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-17 06:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Your estimations are correct Dasva.

Double march + Haste + ~15% haste gear is needed to get to capped recast.

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-17 06:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
id love to see them try to "ban" me. it in no way shape or form violates ANY tos..

edit: unless you mean using windower and multiple characters to do it solo.. which i know you didnt, and even then still no <.>
1. " SEI MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY PLAYONLINE ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME, WITH ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE." Which really is pretty standard

2. This could be looked at as taking advantage of in game mechanics (terrian) in an unfair way. Unfair to the mobs. Similairly how they did for salvage bannings which aren't techincally specifically called out in the user agreement. Closest is no cheat codes or devices lol. The old TOS actually specifically called it out something about manipulating things like terrian so the mob had no chance of fighting back or even reaching you. Still haven't really found a new TOS just friggin user agreements which are kinda vague

And if I remember right didn't they ban some people who were using the old wall trick to try and kill AV? Or at least give them a warning
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 06:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sindri said:
Can check FFXIAH bazaar's move to Sylph and buy from Maklin for 300k or shout.
ahahahahahaha, well ppl gotta make money some way.

Don't fall for that ***, not worth 300k, Om'Yovra, 100% drop can be duo'd w/ a tad of difficulty and trio'd rather easily. If anything just get 2 other ppl that need. DD/nin, brd, rdm can get 3 organs in 30 mins.
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-17 06:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:

1. " SEI MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY PLAYONLINE ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME, WITH ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE." Which really is pretty standard

2. This could be looked at as taking advantage of in game mechanics (terrian) in an unfair way. Unfair to the mobs. Similairly how they did for salvage bannings which aren't techincally specifically called out in the user agreement. Closest is no cheat codes or devices lol. The old TOS actually specifically called it out something about manipulating things like terrian so the mob had no chance of fighting back or even reaching you. Still haven't really found a new TOS just friggin user agreements which are kinda vague

And if I remember right didn't they ban some people who were using the old wall trick to try and kill AV? Or at least give them a warning

back in the jesus days a couple sea gods were able to be done with it.. and then they were patched (or so ive always been told, never actually tried with a god). and yeah, i have to capitulate with the salvage thing..

that was kinda *** imo tho. as much as i disapprove of the duplicating drops, i way more so, and very adamantly disapprove of the BANNINGS of the exploiters. even slaps on the wrists would of been ***.. they exploited something game developers failed to safeguard from the getgo. all that should of happened is they fix it, apologize to everyone as a whole for letting it happen in the first place, and again for letting it go on for so long. AT worst they should of sent cease and desist letters till it was fixed, at least giving warning or bannings. now if people were using third party apps, or things genuinely violating tos to achieve these things.. then definitely punish ppl.. but for simply taking advantage of legit in game FLAWS... idk, thats just *** imo.

unless its a beta and the testers are asked/required to submit glitch findings. i dont see why exploiting, or even raping the ***out of any loop holes, should be able to be ..punished anyway. we are after all paying to play (reasonably expecting funds to be used.. rather than se's misfeasance)

but none the less it happened, and im sure could happen again. so your right, maybe i will watch my 30 when/if i down ufos on the wall again.
[+]
 Remora.Willoflame
Server: Remora
By Remora.Willoflame 2010-03-17 06:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The fried chicken speaks the truth. They're really not worth the 300k that people charge. It's not THAT hard of a fight.

As for killing combos... I've done nin/dnc + rdm/whm, mnk/nin + rdm/whm, blm + sch + rdm. They all worked pretty well, just make sure you pull the UFO above the land..type...stuff? Don't keep it above the water. Also, despite what anyone else says, the Ul'Yovra drop rate is rather good. In all the Ul'Yovra's I've killed, I think I haven't seen one drop like 20% of the time.

But seriously, as long as you know what to do if people get charmed, or hurt really badly, these fights should be no problem, as they are completely sleepable.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 06:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, 1k needles type move, if only 1 person in range, keep them above 1k at all times (which is why i love mnk for the job)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-17 06:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Used to just kill them after omega with whoever didn't log right away. Usually a nin/drk tank a rdm maybe brd and a couple of blms for dmg.

They aren't really that hard. I've seen really good blms zerg down the lower lvl ones before solo
 Hades.Zandra
Server: Hades
user: Zandra7
By Hades.Zandra 2010-03-17 08:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The lower lvl ones can be duo-ed pretty easily with a blm and a sch rdm or another blm.

The trick is to get them over land so their regen isn't as strong, on each side of the palace there are land areas to the left and right which you can pull the yvora too. Each land area has a bigger set of bushes that you can kite them pretty easily around. Just be sure to keep gravity on them and swap hate back and forth while running around the bushes.

Caution: Meleeing is a no no, you don't want to hive them TP.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 08:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Zandra said:
The lower lvl ones can be duo-ed pretty easily with a blm and a sch rdm or another blm.

The trick is to get them over land so their regen isn't as strong, on each side of the palace there are land areas to the left and right which you can pull the yvora too. Each land area has a bigger set of bushes that you can kite them pretty easily around. Just be sure to keep gravity on them and swap hate back and forth while running around the bushes.

TP isn't bad as long as everyone isn't in range and you have to cure 3-4 ppl instead of 1 every time it drops a TP move. Which is why a melee tank will work fine. Dd/nin, just don't have multiple.
 Bismarck.Stephano
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Stephano 2010-03-17 08:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Hades.Zandra said:

TP isn't bad as long as everyone isn't in range and you have to cure 3-4 ppl instead of 1 every time it drops a TP move. Which is why a melee tank will work fine. Dd/nin, just don't have multiple.

So PLD/NIN with joyeuse / atonement might be a bad idea because of tp? I'm worried about trying to do it SAM/NIN but I think with some luck I could duo it with a bard and a healer. Have got 17% haste + nuevo fast cast set for ni, and 11% haste + fast cast + 305 shield skill for ichi, for sam it's pretty much the same except ichi set includes evasion in the spots there's shield skill on PLD.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-17 08:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't really tried but it doesn't seem that resistant to me so don't see why you can't steal it's tp as long as you aren't giving it too much too fast
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-17 08:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I prefer the mana burn method and the BLM *** waving that always goes with it.

But Vag is right, they aren't too hard to take down using a melee DD as your main damage source and tank.

Probably SAM would be a be best (due to the Damager per TP feed), as long as you are confident you could tank it on SAM.

I wouldn't advocate going to the 'NQ' ones, the 'HQ' really aren't that much harder and 100% means it only take 1 run to get all the one you need.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-17 08:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
But Vag is right, they aren't too hard to take down using a melee DD as your main damage source and tank.
I lol'd
First Page 2