Speedgamers Marathon Does Metroid!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Speedgamers Marathon does Metroid!
Speedgamers Marathon does Metroid!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-03-13 07:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.thespeedgamers.com/

Saw this posted around and wanted to share. If you aren't familiar with the site, they do gaming marathon events to raise money for various charities, the current being Halton Autistic Family Support Group. I know autism is the enemy of the internet, so all the more incentive to donate! Their goal is a 72-hour marathon aiming for $15,000 and they're currently about half a day in and have raised roughly $3,000. If you cannot or do not want to donate, give consideration to spreading the word!

Currently it's weird as *** because they're between games and this guy is eating a lollipop incredibly loudly into his mic while breathing heavily. I think he may be playing up a "I might be dying" angle for sympathy gets. (unconfirmed) Enjoy the marathon!

Also, here are 2 really great pieces of Samus done by Spacecoyote to promote the event:

Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-13 08:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Side-note:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:

This makes Samus really look like a guy! =/
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-13 08:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn double-post!

Good cause, thanks for pointing it out! And wow they raised $50,734 when they did the Final Fantasy marathon!!
 Fenrir.Shambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-13 09:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

samus is awesome :)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-03-13 19:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking the same thing, Liquidz. lol I mean I know the idea was to make Samus less feminine as noted in the submission comments from the artist, but the first one just makes her look like a Prince Adam/Ken cross-over. Still badass, just not as eager to see her in the 3-hours or less ending. lol