New Famitsu Dev Team Interview, And More...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » News » New Famitsu Dev Team Interview, and more...
New Famitsu Dev Team Interview, and more...
 Siren.Kimiko
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kimiko
By Siren.Kimiko 2010-03-11 02:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We've got a biggum here folks, head on over to the blog to check it all out for yourself!

http://www.ffxivblog.com/a-cornucopia-of-fresh-content/
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-03-11 02:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

:D
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-11 02:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

it all looks so ffxi lol ;;
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-11 02:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
it all looks so ffxi lol :D

fixed
 Garuda.Sheila
Server: Garuda
user: Valkyrie
By Garuda.Sheila 2010-03-11 02:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for sharing the link, wow the screen shots look incredible ahhh I can't waiiiiit! :D I think I am going to pick archer...:)
 Fairy.Vylandra
Server: Fairy
user: Vylandra1
By Fairy.Vylandra 2010-03-11 03:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thief....do wants :(
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-03-11 04:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I rly wanna do a thaumaturge or a conjurer.
Quote:
Since apperently MP doesn’t heal up through regular rest (this is handled through Aetheryte), conserving your resources will play an important part in battle. Personally, it’ll be interesting to see how exactly this will work in-game.

while some ppl might scream "boooooo" i rly like it. You rly have to manage your mp and cant fire big nukes out -> rest -> rinse and repeat. For those who want to play a blm-style char it will surely be a new experience. This even goes more for healers.

EDIT:
oh yea and if you look at the first picture:

A usefull Mini-Map. *** yea! XD
lol @ that Pugilist havin elemental punches (look at the hotbar)
[+]
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-03-11 04:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

man still haven't gotten an email from em after trying again with that premiere site second chance thing. ; ;
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-11 04:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zabimaru said:
man still haven't gotten an email from em after trying again with that premiere site second chance thing. ; ;
i feel your pain :\ thats 3 applications from me... and notta
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-03-11 05:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

tester site is live apparently
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-03-14 21:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This looks so neat, I love the framework they're displaying here. The recent pictures of elf ninjer monk pugilists with claws looked so awesome, it's going to be really tough to decide between that and marauder. I'm a little panicked having not seen one katanana yet, I refuse to be relegated to chef.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-03-14 22:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I think the most impressive thing they're doing is changing up th battle system as a whole, not just for a few classes but for everyone. The lancer looks awesome, with the ability to hit multiple enemies at once and to do it out of harms way (something that DRG really should be able to do). It seems like theyre actually trying to take advantage of the different weapon types/archetypes instead of just slapping a "nuker" "melee" "ranged" "healing" tag on them.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-03-14 22:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I really haven't seen anything that I haven't liked about XIV yet. As far as I can tell, they're going for less single jobs overall and mixing jobs for greater capability, instead of using singular hybrid things like Scholar. I've also been playing XII a lot lately and I see all these little changes from XI that I can totally foresee them implementing into XIV that would make the game that much more interesting. Even little stuff like dotted zone-line markers would be wonderful. lol
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-03-14 23:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I just thought about, and maybe there was something I haven't read that explains this but I wonder how rotating out jobs on the fly will work between the two archetypes. Say you're playing as a Conjurer then change to a disciple of war; do you get to choose which of the disciples of war you switch to? or do you have to set it before you go out in an MH type area? Can you even level up your individual disciples of war or do you have to choose one of each? With ffxi as a base it doesn't seem likely to me you'll be restricted to one of each archetype, but who knows? Just some food for thought if the info isn't already out there.
 Garuda.Snuffy
By Garuda.Snuffy 2010-03-15 01:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The archetype for standard battles in 14 is....crabs. We're fighting crabs again! YEAAAAHHHHH~
 Garuda.Snuffy
By Garuda.Snuffy 2010-03-15 01:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Even little stuff like dotted zone-line markers would be wonderful. lol

Can't get you a source off-hand, but I believe SE promised no "zones" but one big sandbox.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-15 01:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What I would like to know is how is class changing handled in field on a character perspective. IE, if you switch weapons to "Change roles" or what have you, is that effectively instantly De-leveling, akin to a standard Job change in FFXI, or does it take more of an Elder Scrolls approach, where skills are all independent of eachother, and linked into your Character's overall stats, which never decrease. So in essence, you could skill your sword/gladiator skills with (More or less, depending on equipment/abilities) your high "Level" Thaumaturge's status.

If I had to illustrate the second option in FFXI terms for those Non-TES players, it would be like Blue Mage. Learning abilities through practice and adding them to your character, the more abilities you learn the higher your power(Level) becomes, you never decrease your power to learn new abilities. Your "Class" is set by what abilities and equipment you equip, and not by some magic "switch".

I personally hope it is the second. I would much rather be able to determine MY class on an individual basis. It would add incredible diversity, longevity and excitement over a traditional "Pick class, lvl up, thx" system.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-15 01:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Snuffy said:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Even little stuff like dotted zone-line markers would be wonderful. lol

Can't get you a source off-hand, but I believe SE promised no "zones" but one big sandbox.

Not quite. Regions will generally be contiguous. But "Zones" will exist as loading borders between the large regions. I believe that was the official statement. An entire world the size FFXIV is aiming for would both client and host hardware beyond any reasonable means of economic strain. But the game isn't even close to out yet, so the official statement may be officially unofficial. And with SE's habit of vague, cryptic doubletalk, who really knows what's going on?
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-03-15 03:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, there's English versions of all those pictures on the NA Official website
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-03-15 09:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Snuffy said:
The archetype for standard battles in 14 is....crabs. We're fighting crabs again! YEAAAAHHHHH~

ROFL @ this. SE LOVES THE CRABS.