Forum » FFXI » NMs » Soolo Genbu
Soolo Genbu
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-02-27 03:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I`ve taken Spells from Kirin and Genbu with blink, maybe im just lucky, but u still dont need /nin vs the lolturtle
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 15:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

well
Asura.Calatilla said:
Fairy.Blackmist said:

I have 1/8 enfeeb merits, 2/8 Elemental. 4/4 Eva, 4/8 Mp, "um" Ice Potency 1/1 and paralyze II 1/1 4/8 (almost 5/8) Sword

You gonna need more than this if u wanna land gravity on him, not that u really need it, he moves slow anyway

And u dont need /nin really just keep barwater up and if u did happen to get hit by flood blink will take it

Well, I do have wind Staff, and + enfeeb gear from Af / Relic ... Maybe Going BLM will give me a better chance.

And on a Side note. When i Wiki'd the Fight on Gen, I thought I read that you Can't Aspir him, but you can use Drain

Unless that was just for the Antimantos or w/e that damed HNM is lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-27 15:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I've aspired Genboob. You don't get much. On blm I think I barely broke even but meh less mp for genboob = runs out of mp faster = less icky spells to deal with.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 15:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Eather way, I still need to get The pop items, And I will need to get Para II and slow II to 5/5 and Ice / earth Potecy to 5/5.

although some one stated, that going 5/5 on convert would be better then Earth potency, Idk about what? 3 1/2 mins off convert, it's nice yes. but I and able to keep up with my Mp Demands, but thats just me, I'll experiment with what i got and see what needs improving
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-27 15:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 20 off convert recast per merit so a total of 1 min 40 sec not 3.5min taken off.

3.5 min would be epic. Think ever rdm would do convert recast then lol
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 15:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I was thinking it was 1.5 thats the Typical time Reducion on most JA. (Well the 15 min ones) I.E Chiverly *Shrugs* =P

Like I said, I don't Really pay attention to merits,

And 1 Min 40 seconds, well, thats not alot of time off it, I mean, Could save ya if your in a Real bind and can't wait that Extra 1.40 ~ =P
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-27 15:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Idk about what? 3 1/2 mins off convert, it's nice yes. but I and able to keep up with my Mp Demands, but thats just me,

You could expand your use of MP with Convert.

Support:

* Haste people more
* Cure people more
* Rest less ~ less downtime (depending on event)
* Ultimately less danger

Solo:

* Maintain buffs more easily
* Much greater degree of leniency with regards to taking damage (having the MP to cure it)
* Kill things quicker ~ safer kills (a dead enemy deals 0 damage)
* Less chance that MP will run out on you at a crucial moment

Earth merits:

* Enhance Stone... but who cares about Stone?
* Enhances the ACCURACY (not potency) of Slow which is useful but on the majority of targets, easy to land. If not, can be spammed anyway (with some of the extra MP freed up by taking Convert merits)!
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 15:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i see..

Well, I guess I had missread the 1st Merit Catagory for RDm Lol! sorry,

but in my experiances. Ive Rarely ever had to worry to much about convert, and MP issues.

the other night, in my last pt. I only had to convert 2 times. at start, for fun after buffing every one, and After a DRK decided they wanted to drop to 200Hp >.>; dam Cure 3-4 nuke'n

As for manageing buffs, weather or not i have 1min 40 seconds Less on Convert, they will still take the same amount of Mp

Composer helps for solo' to Double the length of the spell, correct, so i could just /cast /rest/cont.

As for Partys, most spells are 3-5 min (Regen / refresh / haste) to 30~mins (Protect - Shell)

on average, when a party starts, and i get P4 S3/4 RR Refresh Haste ect. I hit convert, then Regen - C3 when needed. and heal in between

lets say 260 Mp for Haste on every one, i can get about 120-200 Mp in 2-3 ticks excluding santion refresh, Vermy and refresh its self (5-6 Mp a round)

when i do go Rdm/whm (I don't really do Sch)i have about 880-900 mp. + Roughly 26 Hmp so, im Normally at 37-50% mp all the time in a Pt. unless I get a Idiot who Cant tank an becomes a MP sponge

but thats just me - and my view why i dont think i would benifit from convert merits
 Bahamut.Megbite
user: Megbite
By Bahamut.Megbite 2010-02-27 16:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm/nin and get bio3 and bring 3 stacks of antidotes.
I've done it, I didn't time it, but it was more than 1 hour, less than 2. It's a lot of fun at first and then becomes rather boring and you're just wondering to yourself "why am I doing this again"?
Anyhoot, the advice on /blm and /whm is all salient, don't use those subs. Don't bother with gravity or bind, Genbu moves very slowly and if you have on a vermy, keep your shadows up and bio/kite you'll outlive him.
I'd say the only "difficult" part about this fight is the pop because at that time he'll try to take a bite out of you right away, just gtfo and cast bio3 and then you're set. Also, merit the sheet out bio3 if you're going for this, the longer it stays on him, the less you have to cast it, and therefor you'll save on mp for when you do get one of those fluke hits with one of his -ga spells.
GL and make large circles. Oh and one last thing, do it during the wee hours of the night so no one is going to be butt hurt that you're taking so damn long to kill it.
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 16:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, well im in PST

so next to Alaska, im the last person to see the sun go down
(Right on the Coast)
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-27 16:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bio III in general is just good to have when it comes to soloing stuff. Max Merits Lv. 2 (Dark Magic Skill 211 ~ 250) you get 400 dmg compared to Bio II's capped Dark Magic Skill 291 - ??? = 8/tick = 320, plus it weakens enemies attacks. Which... regardless Genbu hits like a train but it never hurts. Poison can land but since Genbu is water based its a bit harder to land but it's not impossible; but with your merits most likely it is. lol

I solo in Sky a lot and I did Slow II maxed, Convert maxed, Ice Maxxed, and Bio III maxed. Sometimes I wish I did Para but a lot of new mobs introduced are resistant to many if not all ice spells so Slow generally works better.

I'd recommend /nin for anything you're new too trying just for the fact you can survive for a bit longer /nin once you get the hang of it then /whm or /blm would work just as well for Genbu anyway. I prolly wouldn't attempt anything else in sky but genbu without /nin just for the fact it's safer especially for someone who's not completely merited. Antidotes are very nice to have cause of poison but they're not needed if you wanna waste MP curing yourself. RR is important for a first attempt, chances of you dying to genbu are rather slim cause he moves so slow but it can happen especially if it's your first attempt.

Olla is soloable it's just very annoying to do especially with Magic Barriers but it's not impossible. And like someone else said before, if you can solo Zipacna then you can solo Genbu. If you're new to soloing on RDM, imo, Zip is a very good way to learn cause one simple screw up can make or break a Zip. And don't forget RR, for those just incase situations....I mean unless you feel like walking to sky all over again. :D
 Shiva.Moogleking
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2010-02-27 16:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

dot and nuke when mp available is what i did. i went rdm/nin. he moves slow so even without movement speed gear u should be fine. wear some magic defense gear like lamia mantle and bring some antidotes and put up barwater. took me 3 hours, i didnt have bio3 tho. but was worth it. i got genbu shield. :)
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 16:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Na im not New to solo'ing on RDM Its all I really do, anymore (on RDM & NIN) but Ive never Solo'd in Sky, so generaly its a new place for me, even though I did sky events for Roughly, 6~8 months, Yeah, zip Is a pain, when my old old Ls fought it,

i'm currently working on a Merit pt, I suppose I'll go after Bio III. Lower attack is Always good

Bio 3 5/5
Ice 5/5
convert 5/5
Paralyze II 5/5

8/8 Elemental
8/8 Enfeeble

8/8 Mp

4/4 Eva (already have)
4/4 Crit: (3/4 atm)
4/4 spell Intruption down

----

Them the Ideal Merits for RDM? (And Other Melee / mage jobs)
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 16:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Moogleking said:
dot and nuke when mp available is what i did. i went rdm/nin. he moves slow so even without movement speed gear u should be fine. wear some magic defense gear like lamia mantle and bring some antidotes and put up barwater. took me 3 hours, i didnt have bio3 tho. but was worth it. i got genbu shield. :)

Awsome! thats what i'm after, and the helm for chakra, and Steel Cyclone (and Kings justice when i get it)
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-27 16:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Blackmist said:

Bio 3 5/5
Ice 5/5
convert 5/5
Paralyze II 5/5

8/8 Elemental
8/8 Enfeeble

8/8 Mp

4/4 Eva (already have)
4/4 Crit: (3/4 atm)
4/4 spell Intruption down

----

Them the Ideal Merits for RDM? (And Other Melee / mage jobs)

Para is decent, but like I said if you're planning on soloing other mobs like things in the past and new mobs they added Para II isn't gonna do much for you since most mobs. Then again I just think slow is more efficient for my way of solo. Depending on what you're soloing both will benefit eventually. They're ideal merits for Solo RDM but not exactly group RDM so it really depends on how often you solo on RDM
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 17:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

well since i mainly only use RDM for solo and Rarely pt w it anymore, being a refresh *** isn't fun anymore lol

well para or slow II they would both do basicly the same thing
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2010-02-27 17:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt read everything, but well.
Just go RDM/NIN, Bio it(5/5 Bio3 helps), outrun -ga and wait.
Landing poison on it is hard.
Basicly just spam bliz3 as often as you can, make sure you have lots of int and skill+ gear, it resists rdm nukes alot.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-27 17:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Para and Slow are completely different >.> Sometimes I wish I merited Para cause oh my god when para works multiple times in a row it's sooo nice, but in reality not everything can be para'd and having swings hit so much slower in comparison and being able to keep shadows up easier is pretty nice.

I'm just wondering but what have you solo'd before on RDM?
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 17:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I say they are the same, Due to the Fact, that they effect how the monster attacks

slow: Delay attack by %
Paralyze: possibility to stop mob from exicuteing an attack

so they are the same. but not the same =P

As for what ive solo'd

Eh. Typical monsters, a few NM's
nothing to hard, a few DC monsters here & there

tryed the duke NM in Castel baleys,
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-27 18:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Slow is better than Paralyze because it is predictable which means you can plan for it. You can't really plan for Paralyze unless you want a fairly big hole in your plan.
 Fenrir.Shambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-02-27 18:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

dude r we talking about pvp now??!
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 18:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM solo stuff but we can have some PVP shure

RDM/PLD or /BLU Vs um ... Ninja/Dnc?
 Fenrir.Shambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-02-27 18:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm/pld ^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the rdm/pld will win

<3 Blackmist ^^
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-02-27 18:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I say they are the same, Due to the Fact, that they effect how the monster attacks

slow: Delay attack by %
Paralyze: possibility to stop mob from exicuteing an attack

so they are the same. but not the same =P

As for what ive solo'd

Eh. Typical monsters, a few NM's
nothing to hard, a few DC monsters here & there

tryed the duke NM in Castel baleys,

Soloing DC mobs is far from the same as soloing high lv NM's, even soloing VT-IT mobs is not even close to solo high lv NM's. Just thought I'd put it in there.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-27 18:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloing the vast majority of Non nms doesn't really. I mean a rdm can sleep nuke the vast majority of non NMs lol. At which point those DCs just have a little less Hp then those ITs
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 18:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I know,

i Normally dou - but i have solod some High up NM's or almost

like that new kracken nm in quif took it to 30% on Nin/Dnc

1st day back after 3 mo break.
forgot 1/2 my gear, n had no macros, was on 360 at the time lol
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 18:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

most the time im a pure Melee RDM anyway I dont Really Sleep nuke Grav
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-27 18:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

New nms tend to deaggro alot which helps. And are often in zones that have nice things to kite around. Or if you have movement speed you can just out run them for a little while and watch them deagrro on you. They also tend not to have alot of HP. Even the 3 "HNMs" have only like 20k I think
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-27 18:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN solo is completely different then RDM solo. Period. "Almost" soloing a NM isn't soloing one even if you made it to 1% you still wiped on it, it was a close call maybe but it's not soloing a monster unless you win ^^; I can solo Vrtra. Doesn't mean I beat it solo though.

Practice makes perfect but if you have nothing to really compare NM wise to sky nms then I honestly have no idea how you're gonna manage. Some RDMs can attempt Zipacna the first time and win, for others it takes many tries before they perfect it.

Any job can solo a DC if they know what they're doing ^^;
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-27 18:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

lol not me i cant solo DC on war ( aka imps) ; ;

but i was simply implying that i was able to take it down to 30% on my 1st try on my 1st day back well missing alot of my stuff

now yea Nin is diffrent from Rdm =p i just happend to have nin geared at the time, all be it lacking

Anyway, Ill take a shot at it, an see how I do .. got about 3 merits outa this 2 1/2 hr pt so it'll be a while :P