Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 09:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
@ Nightfyre

Can you prove that everyone who smn burn take the time to skillup their weapons/magic? Bet you all the gil on my account that you cant lol.

Doesnt matter if you suck on your job or not if you dont bother to cap your weapons and magic does it?
I can't and I won't, because they don't. My point is people who SMNburn do not automatically suck at their jobs. Those who don't suck will know to cap their skills before doing anything with the job anyway, so it's a moot point.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-11 09:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole SMN burn argument is pointless. Those who smn burn will keep doing it no matter what everyone else thinks about it, and the haters will keep hating. Thats just not gonna change.

I dont really care one way or the other, I just enjoy reading all the stupid arguments from both sides.
[+]
 Hades.Sephrin
Server: Hades
user: xSephrinx
By Hades.Sephrin 2010-02-11 09:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
The whole SMN burn argument is pointless. Those who smn burn will keep doing no matter what everyone ese thinks about it, and the haters will keep hating. Thats just not gonna change.

I dont really care one way or the other, I just enjoy reading all the stupid arguments from both sides.

/cheer
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-02-11 10:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Bekisa said:
This old argument is getting even older ... whining about it won't make it go away. We need the admin to make a "SMN BURN THREAD DETECTED" think like the Necro bump one :-)

If ppl dont like it then stop making new posts, almost everytime i come here there a new post offering smn burns or someone asking to join one or ppl charging for them.

You have ur own server, do shouts and u wont have every other servers opinion.
 Fenrir.Kiraa
user: Kiraa
By Fenrir.Kiraa 2010-02-11 10:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care for the smn burn arguments myself. I used burn parties to merit my sam myself, so i can't say anything. What i don't understand is how Maat's Cap is an "accomplishment!!" Only thing that Maat's Cap tells me is, that person hasn't been outside for 2-3 years........
[+]
By Yuffy 2010-02-11 10:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Maat's cap isnt an accomplishment, its a piece of gear. Anyone doing Maat's cap for the meaning rather than for the use of the item has missed the point, totally (hell even the teleport is *** badass <_<).
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-11 10:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i whent out side yesterday o.o but it was raining, but i dont have maats cap eather lol.

iv'e apparently been working for "maats cap" for like, 3 years. *only cause Every one who knows me on fairy thinks i'm going after it - funner to kill maat to prove to my self i can hold my own on X jobs, anyway"

I don't understand the hole *** fest of SMN burn. I mean, My self. i have learned to play Other jobs by just watching what other ppl do and use for X jobs. hell i learned about BRD by watching them run like crazy, i swear they should have an movement speed + job trate. they are allways on the move. but i learned how to play that job, and all the other jobs, besides pup. can't /check the pet. lol by just watching.

if you' SMN burn, for 1 hr for 80-120k or Merit pt for 5 hrs for 80-120K isn't about the same thing? as it was said before.

"Smn burn is just another way to get levels for players who have constricted play time"

It could almost be said same thing about FOV or Campain battles.
You don't nessassarly need a pt for them, and your not xp grinding all the way to 75 in a "normal pt"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Darkus
user: Lilg
By Hades.Darkus 2010-02-11 11:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Its sad to see this game turn into a big giant epenis comparing game.

I remember when people used to do thing cause it was fun for them and not have to compare their achievements to others.

Adding this video because I think everyone should see it at least once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARghlVjBab0
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-11 11:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats Mabrook =D

Post deleted by User.
By Shinyu 2010-02-11 11:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:

So in total, STFU and play the game ^^!

take your own advice ^^
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-11 11:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Darkus said:
Its sad to see this game turn into a big giant epenis comparing game.

I remember when people used to do thing cause it was fun for them and not have to compare their achievements to others.

Adding this video because I think everyone should see it at least once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARghlVjBab0

Nice vid/music, I had a few friends like that but they are long since gone :<
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-11 11:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

remember stumbeling in to that along time ago

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Saithorx
user: Saithorx
By Hades.Saithorx 2010-02-11 11:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done it a few times, and it's fun to sit there watching your exp jump up. My opinion is that I don't care if people SMN burn. I usually choose not to because I ask myself, "Is this SMN burning improving my game experience?" and "Why am I playing the game if that is what leveling jobs have come to?"

What I mean though, are you playing Final Fantasy XI so that you can pull 150 mobs to one spot and gain 40-50k EXP in 30 min, again and again and again?

Yes, I know you get your 75 job and you can take them to events and probably only takes you an hour to learn to play them. Yes, I know you've leveled in the dunes on 5+ other jobs and hate going there. Yes, there are tons of people that just suck at the game and you'll get them in your party. I just can't see leveling a job to 75 with this method as an accomplishment to feel proud about. And to do this method of leveling however many times, it just reduces your feeling of accomplishment each time you do it.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-02-11 11:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
Shinyu said:
Garuda.Mabrook said:

So in total, STFU and play the game ^^!

take your own advice ^^
I would if there was something for me to do in the game but I've beaten the game in every aspect of it, so I have the right to talk ***and complain lol.
You haven't beaten the game until you can cancel your account and walk away without any regrets. Until then, the game has beaten you! :o
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Biginallways
user: Biggie87
By Fairy.Biginallways 2010-02-11 12:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This argument is kind of obtuse. The way the game is played has changed sooooo much in the past 3 years. Even if you don't smn burn maat's cap, it's still much easier to aquire than it was 3 years ago. Go back 6 years and maat's cap was damn near impossible to get for even the players with above average gaming time. There were no emperor bands and anniversary bands. There was no level sync. There were no bird camps, food was retardedly expensive, there was no merit system, less good gear at lower levels, etc. etc. etc. Instead of complaining, we should be happy for a change that SE actually made the game easier and less irritable in at least on aspect.
[+]
By Izey 2010-02-11 12:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inga said:
people who don't summoner burn are the people who; don't have a second account to help pull with their friends to pull it off and are butt hurt because they wasted x-hours lfp and not getting invited.

I summoner burned my SMN, and MNK so far to where I'd like them, taking MNK to 75, and people who claim that if you burn the job you wont know how to play the job ... what?!

Blah blah blah blahg

Ok Lets not stray from what I'm trying to say here (I still think if your stupid enough to level a job from 1-75 Astral burned your worthless)

But being the person that made this thread.
#1 I'm not jelous of people who Astral burn
#2 I have about 7 accounts I can use at any givin time, including 5 Red mages to tank astral burns, 2 Ps'3s a Xbox 360, 4 laptops and 2 Desktops, 2 Routers with Cable internet (I'm more than over qualified to solo my astral burns let alone join one).

Don't get it twisted. My point is that MAATS CAP, is not something people should astral burn 10+ jobs to w/e level to obtain, getting through crappy levels, getting sub gettins mertis that I can understand, I've skipped LOLDrg from 45-55, so I can do Bird PT's and get 75 from 55+ no problem cuz invites were ridiculously low before the.

THATS NOT THE POINT

I'm saying, doing this to obtain Maat's cap is shamefull. (End rant).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 12:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Don't get it twisted. My point is that MAATS CAP, is not something people should astral burn 10+ jobs to w/e level to obtain, getting through crappy levels, getting sub gettins mertis that I can understand, I've skipped LOLDrg from 45-55, so I can do Bird PT's and get 75 from 55+ no problem cuz invites were ridiculously low before the.

THATS NOT THE POINT

I'm saying, doing this to obtain Maat's cap is shamefull. (End rant).
Why? I have an interest in it as an incredibly useful piece for my BLU, among other jobs. I don't give a damn about any epeen status attached to it and I sure as hell would like to obtain it with as little effort as possible. What reason do I have to not take the path of least resistance?

EDIT:
Quote:
I still think if your stupid enough to level a job from 1-75 Astral burned your worthless
You still haven't proved that people who burn jobs automatically suck at them, nor can you because you're wrong. It's efficient. If you already have the skill set, why wouldn't you want to get to 75 as quickly as possible?
By Izey 2010-02-11 12:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kiraa said:
I don't care for the smn burn arguments myself. I used burn parties to merit my sam myself, so i can't say anything. What i don't understand is how Maat's Cap is an "accomplishment!!" Only thing that Maat's Cap tells me is, that person hasn't been outside for 2-3 years........

MERITS FTW
 Leviathan.Auraeon
Server: Leviathan
user: Auraeon
By Leviathan.Auraeon 2010-02-11 12:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I played SCH to 75 and plan on summoner burning BLM (and BST) to 66 to finish off Maat's Cap (then finish BLM to 75.)

Does that mean I wont know how to play BLM just because I haven't ever cast a tier III -aga nuke?

Once you've played one of the four types of jobs (tank, melee, nuker, healer), you're pretty much fluent in the rest of that type. The only exception to this rule, is pet jobs.

Besides, I've seen many more players in merit parties that are far more gimp and much less skilled than most people who I've met that used summoner burns to get a job to 75.

I think level sync in general is what is ruining the skill level of the playerbase. Getting to level 75 without ever going past level 55, or even 35, is a bit silly. Summoner burning has nothing to do with it, really.

As long as I've been working on Maat's Cap, and as close as I am, I really couldn't care less who else gets one using summoner burns. Not like it affects me in the slightest. I still get my Maat's Cap, right? Doesn't change the STR+7 DEX+7 VIT+7 for Stinging Pummel. Anyone who sees Maat's Cap as a status symbol needs to move on from 2005.

Between MMM, EXP rings, Corsair's Roll, Anniversary Rings, Kupofried's Rings, and Summoner burns, you can't really expect anyone to respect you for having lots of jobs at 75(66 for teh capzorz) now-a-days, even if you don't use Summoner burns at all.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-11 12:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Auraeon said:
I played SCH to 75 and plan on summoner burning BLM (and BST) to 66 to finish off Maat's Cap (then finish BLM to 75.)

Does that mean I wont know how to play BLM just because I haven't ever cast a tier III -aga nuke?

Once you've played one of the four types of jobs (tank, melee, nuker, healer), you're pretty much fluent in the rest of that type. The only exception to this rule, is pet jobs.

Besides, I've seen many more players in merit parties that are far more gimp and much less skilled than most people who I've met that used summoner burns to get a job to 75.

I think level sync in general is what is ruining the skill level of the playerbase. Getting to level 75 without ever going past level 55, or even 35, is a bit silly. Summoner burning has nothing to do with it, really.

As long as I've been working on Maat's Cap, and as close as I am, I really couldn't care less who else gets one using summoner burns. Not like it affects me in the slightest. I still get my Maat's Cap, right? Doesn't change the STR 7 DEX 7 VIT 7 for Stinging Pummel. Anyone who sees Maat's Cap as a status symbol needs to move on from 2005.

Between MMM, EXP rings, Corsair's Roll, Anniversary Rings, Kupofried's Rings, and Summoner burns, you can't really expect anyone to respect you for having lots of jobs at 75(66 for teh capzorz) now-a-days, even if you don't use Summoner burns at all.
This. All of this.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-11 12:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Auraeon said:

As long as I've been working on Maat's Cap, and as close as I am, I really couldn't care less who else gets one using summoner burns. Not like it affects me in the slightest. I still get my Maat's Cap, right? Doesn't change the STR 7 DEX 7 VIT 7 for Stinging Pummel. Anyone who sees Maat's Cap as a status symbol needs to move on from 2005.

This in your opinion means that someone who played nin to 75 old school way can get away with smn burn pally to 75 and be a good tank, because he have tanked on nin?
[+]
By Izey 2010-02-11 12:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway it's obvious that the jackasses making an excuse to burn jobs to get a Maats cap dont get the point of whats being said, so by all means.

Regardless its a game not like you really acccomplished jack $h!t in the end after all right?

Have fun though! (Yea, you'll get bored and quit on your own because of it anyway =D)

Then again who dont wanna quit O_O?

$h!t wait me XD! What else would I do with the extra time that I can look forward to pfft.
[+]
By Izey 2010-02-11 12:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Leviathan.Auraeon said:

This in your opinion means that someone who played nin to 75 old school way can get away with smn burn pally to 75 and be a good tank, because he have tanked on nin?

This B!#@$^& ~_^
 Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2010-02-11 13:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

He might not be as good as people with extensive paladin playtime but I personally would expect him to be good yes, by now he should understand emnity and kiting. And he would have most likely observed ot her paladins so knows job abilities etc.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-11 13:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Scottyb said:
He might not be as good as people with extensive paladin playtime but I personally would expect him to be good yes, by now he should understand emnity and kiting. And he would have most likely observed ot her paladins so knows job abilities etc.

Because PLD tanking and NIN tanking are so very similar? lol
By Izey 2010-02-11 13:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even remotely >_> (And I played both (COUGH COUGH~ The hard way)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8