Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Interest in casual endgame
Interest in casual endgame
 Bahamut.Pwrgamerx
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: PwrGamerX
By Bahamut.Pwrgamerx 2010-02-06 00:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if there was enough interest on the server (as dead as it may be) for a casual endgame shell. Something like maybe 4 events per week (NA timeframes). Idk if any already exist on the server but it always seemed to me like endgame came in 1 flavor: daily events/hardcore. Just testing the waters but I'm seriously considering this idea. Does anyone know if this would interest what few ppl there are on this server?
 Phoenix.Haltro
Server: Phoenix
user: Haltro
By Phoenix.Haltro 2010-02-06 01:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Casual endgame is an oxymoron, like jumbo shrimp.
[+]
 Bahamut.Pwrgamerx
user: PwrGamerX
By Bahamut.Pwrgamerx 2010-02-06 21:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Haltro said:

And I for one believe it shouldn't be this way. Why devote most/all of your playtime to endgame, when it doesn't have to be that way. Its that kind of attitude that I hate, that endgame is only for those who have nothing better to do. At this age in the game, endgame should not be exclusive to the people who spend most of their time doing it.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-02-06 21:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Haltro said:
like jumbo shrimp.
Jumbo shrimp are freakin huge though.
 Alexander.Beouvle
Server: Alexander
user: Beouvle
By Alexander.Beouvle 2010-02-06 21:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd probably have to have alot (LOT) of people to get away with doing something like that though, I would imagine...
 Pandemonium.Rathz
Server: Pandemonium
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-02-06 21:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Haltro said:
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2010-02-06 21:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Can tell you from my own experience trying to start two different casual end game shells back when I played that they work great at first but give it a few months and it flips on you.

People get pissed that most the shell only shows when they need items (like lots of normal end game shells) so the lesser needed items or for people who just like to collect EX items for their jobs, they get left out and usually end up leaving.

It's a great idea in theory but damn hard to put into policy and have fun. It was a headache for me to try to run both both shells ... whiners will drive you mad as a shell leader most the time!!

You best bet is to try to find a end game shell that only does a few events a week. One during the week and maybe one or two on the weekends is ideal for those with a heavy work/school schedule. Most importantly, you'll need to have a great group of friends willing to help everyone out even when nothing is in it for them besides your thanks.
[+]
 Bahamut.Branwen
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2010-02-08 06:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on the people you have in your group and what they want out if it. The trick is to only allow members to join that share the same ethos as you. My linkshell is a social shell, but we do endgame events. There's no event spamming or forced attendance and guess what, everyone shows up.
I suggest you start your group as a place for players burnt out on endgame can kick back and relax, but occasionally get to do some events.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-08 07:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Bekisa said:
You best bet is to try to find a end game shell that only does a few events a week. One during the week and maybe one or two on the weekends is ideal for those with a heavy work/school schedule.

This, or just go with one or two specific endgame shells, like a dynamis shell and a znm shell or something like that.