SMN Questions!!!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN questions!!!
SMN questions!!!
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-02-15 23:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I got all my avatars except for Feny and Dia!!! I was told I have to collect the wispers from the avatars I already have. Is this correct??? Any advice for these two fights??
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-02-16 00:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

broken english <3
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-02-16 00:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
Well I got all my avatars except for Feny and Dia!!! I was told I have to collect the wispers from the avatars I already have. Is this correct??? Any advice for these two fights??

That is just for Fenrir. You only need to collect all the whispers to get your first moon bauble.

You can start Diabolos Prime if you've beaten CoP 3-5.

For Diabolos lots of stuns help, if possible have a Nightmare stun order. I like to TP burn this but it helps if you have DRKs in your DD and BLMs for stun. RDM/DRK is good on this for chainspell stun. For the most part if you can stun Nightmare, Diabolos should go smoothly.

Haven't done Fenrir as much but usually TP burned it.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-02-16 00:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I duo'd Fenrir with RDM RNG when my friend and I was bored, but I wouldn't recommend trying it low manned unless you know what you're doing. I can't recall if you lose Moon Bauble if you lose or not but once you collect all whispers and get it a first time you just have to talk to the NPC to get a new one. Most people do it SMN burn or TP burn.

Diabolos Prime definately needs stuns, Like Fiefongwong said it's really only hard if nightmare gets off can honestly do it with any set as long as you have enough stunners or smart enough stunners.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-16 00:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you lose Moon Bauble, you don't have to get all of the whispers again. Can just get a new Bauble~

Fenrir is a relatively easy RDM solo. Diabolos, gonna need a party.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-16 00:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There's actually only two times you'll have to beat those avatars again, one for the moon bauble (you won't have to do it again for future moon baubles, just go back and talk to the taru next time you want to do fenny.) and again for evoker's ring. Once you've got those two things, you're good.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-16 02:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you know a fairly good BLM, then they could probably solo Diabolos.

New challenge for me ftw!
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2010-02-16 02:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

id love to help if you were in my server =/
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-16 03:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
If you know a fairly good BLM, then they could probably solo Diabolos.

New challenge for me ftw!

I've tried duoing this with another SCH. Nightmare is the move that makes me want to kick kittens, seriously. Every time we try we wipe at about 20% or so. What's funny is by that point it only takes about 1-2 nukes from each of us to finish it. What usually happens is Nightmare hits us, he owns one of us, and by that time, he comes for the other. Even if we're on opposite sides it'll hit us both. I just can't figure how the BLM soloed it, he makes it look so easy.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-16 03:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah ; ; I've run into issues like that when I was doing it in PT's ><

He might be stunning Nightmare, I notice it gets through once at least, but I can't read JP, so it might not have tried more than once ><'

If it didn't.. that's some JPButton right there.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-16 04:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, one last thing, you can't stack Modus Veritas on him. That really put a damper on our plans for that.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2010-02-16 06:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to use smn later on to solo, I suggest you spend some time leveling up on bombs/snolls. I leveled smn around the time the final COP mission for the rings was released and the only times smn got pt invites then was as a gimp magic burster. Sometimes you'd get a healer invite but very rare -- anyone who was around in those days remembers horrible war/mnk tanks sapping your MP and having to rest every chain 4-6.

Anyways, you'll find some nice smn bomb soloing guides on the ffxi wiki. You'll get a good grasp of how far you need to run to resummon and everything. Even more important, you'll learn what summoning hate is and how to avoid it. You'll get the hang of soloing, releasing, elemental siphon and resummoning all while soloing a large NM. Even if trying to keep someone else from stealing claim -- it can be done~

I still remember my early days, bouncing Zipicna with Carby for almost 30 minutes while another LS watched hoping for me to die, and taking it down to about 50% before my LS showed up to help me kill it. Zips crazy running speed makes it damn near impossible but you have exactly enough room to do it in the main center area without getting aggro (not at the stairs). I'd attribute that to spending 2-3 weeks straight up on Jormundgands hill killing snolls solo to get from ~55 to 75.