Oracle's Robe, Or Weskit?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Oracle's Robe, or Weskit?
Oracle's Robe, or Weskit?
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-02-02 03:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

lol crap like this keeps convincing me that the shittier your gear is, the more lucky you are with everything.

Running joke in my linkshell about one of our G.horn bards with all this top tier, HQ gear and Khimaira resists one of his Elegies... just to have one of our NQ bards with crap gear try an Elegy just seconds later and have it land.

Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2010-02-02 03:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

People nuke in Oracle? I just want one for HMP +6!
 Ragnarok.Deathshift
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Deathshift 2010-02-02 04:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

lol crap like this keeps convincing me that the shittier your gear is, the more lucky you are with everything.

Running joke in my linkshell about one of our G.horn bards with all this top tier, HQ gear and Khimaira resists one of his Elegies... just to have one of our NQ bards with crap gear try an Elegy just seconds later and have it land.
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU i see this guy, walkerdplank terrible gear, he has a hagun with like dmg+2 acc+5 or something, my friend erac has an amazing samurai, gets resist paralyze on his...
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-02-02 10:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
Bahamut.Ryousuke said:
Do you guys usually do your weskits in Valleys of Sorrow or up in sky? Do they yield similar results - your choice depends on what mob you want to fight instead of a certain area augmenting better than the other?
Same results, it's based on the item you trade in, not the FoV you do. Same goes for any lower level item, like if you want to augment lv51 staves, no need to do VoS, just go to altepa, works fine. Less tabs wasted.

I don't think this is entirely true.

To the best of my knowledge, it's not possible to get an INT+6 Weskit from Sky. Out of roughly 25-30 augmenting attempts in Sky, I've never seen a +Stat higher than +4. I've gotten a frustrating number of AGI+4 and CHR+4 Weskits. I've also not seen any screenshots/reports of anything higher than INT+4 from Sky. The upside to augmenting in Sky though is that you can run up there and solo Eraser in less than 5 minutes.

If you want INT+5/6, you have to head to Valley of Sorrows. To be safe, you'd need a party with 2 /NIN melees and a RDM. A BLM can solo the FoV NM in VoS, but in my experience it always popped immune or heavily resistant to elemental magic. A kite/DoT kill on BLM takes about 10-20 minutes. There's risk though. If you try to solo it and it pops with Regen or En-Petrify, the fight's going to be much more difficult.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-02 10:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unaugmented , O Robe = NQ Weskit . the O Robe tho is slightly more versitile with the hMP , and MaCC vs Weskit's Nook Only Stats . Genie > O Robe for Nooking . I'm not exactly sure on the Math but an Augmented Iggy Weskit with i think 3 or more INT added will out dmg O Robe . When you start getting into the need for Moar MaCC vs Outright DMG , the O Robe may be the better choice Vs NQ , but in all senarios the HQ > O Robe .
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2010-02-02 10:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:

To the best of my knowledge, it's not possible to get an INT 6 Weskit from Sky. Out of roughly 25-30 augmenting attempts in Sky, I've never seen a Stat higher than 4. I've gotten a frustrating number of AGI 4 and CHR 4 Weskits. I've also not seen any screenshots/reports of anything higher than INT 4 from Sky. The upside to augmenting in Sky though is that you can run up there and solo Eraser in less than 5 minutes.

If you want INT 5/6, you have to head to Valley of Sorrows. To be safe, you'd need a party with 2 /NIN melees and a RDM. A BLM can solo the FoV NM in VoS, but in my experience it always popped immune or heavily resistant to elemental magic. A kite/DoT kill on BLM takes about 10-20 minutes. There's risk though. If you try to solo it and it pops with Regen or En-Petrify, the fight's going to be much more difficult.

My Weskit was done in sky and I got INT +5. Unfortunately I'm one of the cool kids who still plays on ps2 so I can't Screenshot gear/text. I went 1/3 with the first two being Resist Charm +1.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-02 10:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:

To the best of my knowledge, it's not possible to get an INT 6 Weskit from Sky. Out of roughly 25-30 augmenting attempts in Sky, I've never seen a Stat higher than 4. I've gotten a frustrating number of AGI 4 and CHR 4 Weskits. I've also not seen any screenshots/reports of anything higher than INT 4 from Sky. The upside to augmenting in Sky though is that you can run up there and solo Eraser in less than 5 minutes.

If you want INT 5/6, you have to head to Valley of Sorrows. To be safe, you'd need a party with 2 /NIN melees and a RDM. A BLM can solo the FoV NM in VoS, but in my experience it always popped immune or heavily resistant to elemental magic. A kite/DoT kill on BLM takes about 10-20 minutes. There's risk though. If you try to solo it and it pops with Regen or En-Petrify, the fight's going to be much more difficult.
Antipika is correct. INT+6 just happens to be incredibly rare.