Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN AF
SMN AF
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-20 15:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering which pieces of SMN AF are actually worth using. I've only glanced over it, but from the looks of it only the Horn (SMN Skill +5) and maybe the Legs (Ava Acc+) are worth it to me.

What're your opinions on the rest? I aim to have a full Austere set soon, as soon as I get the Velvet Cuffs and Hat on AH.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-20 15:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

All of them! In all seriousness just being able to store it is nice. I've gone and regotten stuff after getting stuff upgraded to +1.
 Siren.Dracon
Server: Siren
user: Dracon
By Siren.Dracon 2010-01-20 15:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The Lvl 50 smn gear is ussally better. I still use the hat at 75, The legs and hands are the main things i use.
Lvl 50 body and head are better then the AF pieces.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2010-01-20 15:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I recommend getting the feet as well. They become an important perpetuation cost piece after you upgrade to AF+1.^^
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-20 15:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Horn and Legs are your best gear until 75ish.

AF+1 Horn, Legs, Body (only for hMP, and if you are like me, you would +1 all your mage relic bodies to get rid of your errant and save yourself an inventory space) and Feet are your best gear.
 Hades.Ustav
Server: Hades
user: Ustav
By Hades.Ustav 2010-01-27 07:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Head Legs and Feet should be a must. Legs and Feet are the ones you would want to +1 anything else is trash imo. The horn is said to be good for Spirit taker but meh meleeing on anything worth a damn on smn is lol. Just remember to macro in when you use your bps.