Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » smn solo
smn solo
 Shiva.Sunitaru
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: sunitaru
By Shiva.Sunitaru 2010-01-05 07:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Im often aggro with my smn 66. Have all avas.
I try to lvl in Uleguerand Range. There, i kill Morozko.
The problem is, im aggro 80% always. The mob follow me and dont attack my carby. My gear, i have the af complete.
How many Enmity must i have, that i dont get aggro? (with af i have -8 enmity)
Do you know other solo camp?
[+]
 Shiva.Easygermany
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Easygermany 2010-01-05 07:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont use AF. Use Austere Set and u will be fine. Dont use BP with carby ;D
[+]
 Fenrir.Razushu
Server: Fenrir
user: Razushu
By Fenrir.Razushu 2010-01-05 08:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The enmity- on SMN AF gear is for the avatar not the summoner.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-01-05 10:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I really liked the camp in vunkerl inlet at that lvl, it does well til 70. Its at the zone line near the ??? for the tele jugner scroll quest. So its safer than ule range and a shorter walk buuuuut its only good on iceday and lightningsday with shiva and ramuh. But its really really good exp if you can catch both days from the beginning and its even better exp if you have anniversary band..Im pretty sure at the end of both days I could walk away with about 14k-20k exp.

Just incase you get annoyed with ule range. I didnt go to ule til I was 70 and I fought the bombs up by the buffalo lake past jormy...this area has a much safer kiting area because its so much larger.

No smn gear is going to help you with emnity or luck in getting bombs to explode faster. The longer a bomb is alive the more likely carby wont be able to hold hate anymore :P

If you're ripping hate off carby you're either casting something within range of the mob. You never cast ANYTHING not even a barspell unless you can no longer see carbys hp bar anymore and you better be sure you have enough time to cast it. Or you're telling carby to assault after you resummon him after he dies, which is unecessary so dont do it. Or you're BPing which you shouldnt do if you like living. Or you're carby died early and you didnt get enough yalms away so carby doesnt have enough time to get aggro back and the mobs first instinct is to attack you first..which happens alot and sometimes you just get badluck.

You just need to make sure you have a large kiting area. You need to make sure you can run far away from the mob that you can no longer see carbys hp bar and then run more. That way when carby dies and you resummon him he's going to go chase down the mob and unless you did something to get hate the mob should hit carby. If you see the mob and you've not completed summoning then you're probably going to get hit.

The only trick is on ule range is rerunning by the mob without running into its self destruct lol.

But I didnt like ule range when I was lvl60s, I didnt like the kiting areas, theres not alot of safe places and alot of outside aggro..so I did alot of campaign until lightningsday and iceday. I really recommend this site and ule range after 70.

[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-05 10:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bombs (not Gases) in Ifrit's Cauldrin are what I killed when I was 64-70.

I would suggest that.

About aggro, you got to make sure you are VERY far away from the bombs when you summon. Don't give them any hate at all. Just Assault and run away.

You will never get hate if you make sure you are very far away (you know when you are by the HP bar on Carby, if it goes away, you are far enough that the bombs won't aggro you when you resummon, unless you are right next to one).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2010-01-05 10:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Korroloka Tunnel ....
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-01-05 11:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

psssht a good smn is one who knows how to soro. If you can solo bombs you can solo bcnms/enms and regular NMs (like the fenrir crown NM)

I should mention also that the ENM pulling the strings is good for exp too though getting to the bcnm can be gil draining if you're not careful lol.
[+]
 Hades.Deadfly
Server: Hades
user: Deadfly
By Hades.Deadfly 2010-01-05 11:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Chances r that your casting 2 close 2 the mob as stated in other posts.

No amount of enmity - gear on SMN will really help you out, you just need 2 summon further away from the mob. Only thing i can say really is you have 2 learn from your mistakes, keep @ it and you'll soon gain enough experiance doing carby kiting reducing your error.

Would personally avoid the lolAstralburn pties in ie Korro tunnel not only do they gimp your SMN skill it wont let you gain experiance in difficult situations which you will need when your level 75 and want 2 solo hard NMs.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-05 11:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inga said:
Korroloka Tunnel ....
...is only for the weak
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-01-05 12:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Ragnarok.Inga said:
Korroloka Tunnel ....
...is only for the weak
This is Why Kor is the Man . Real SMNs dont AFB .
Everyone is repeating the basics so i will too : Dont Summon if you can see Carby's HP , run til it dissappears , then run a lil more . NEVER EVER BP EVER . The idea is let the mob commit hairy-Carey (harikiri). If your skillz need improvement and Bombs/Snolls are too much , i would suggest fining Goblins 5+ Lvs higher than you .
@ 66 you can probly go to Bibiki Bay . Just steeer creear of the BST and BLM ones . you'll get buttraped . You can pull them to safer areas , like near the zone and let them kill them Selves . not to mention is alot easier to get to . you can work on your 'hateless' SMN skillz there as well and maybe work your way up to Bomb/Snolls .
A good thing to remeber about SMN solo is this : If it doesnt cure it self thru Cure or Drains , you have a good safe kite area , The avatar lives longer than 30 seconds ,and you have MP to Summon and Perp , you can kill it . Beyond those guide lines requires a little more Skill , but you must walk before running .
GL .
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2010-01-06 15:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Ragnarok.Inga said:
Korroloka Tunnel ....
...is only for the weak

sure if you're looking to spend 3 months leveling the job.
[+]
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2010-01-06 16:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont use AF1, as mentioned above, that -enm is to the avatar. Only use the assault command once at the start. Then run away so that you only see the avatar's name, not the health, that is the range you want to be away from the mob when you have to recast your avatar. This is also where you want to recast any buffs like stoneskin, or cure your self. Wait for the name to go away, recast your avatar, and just let it attack on its own, you don't have to tell it to /assault.

Also, I like to use mushroom stew for SMN solo, esp for the -4 enm it gives. Hope that helps!
[+]
 Fenrir.Ktjrn
Server: Fenrir
user: Ktjrn
By Fenrir.Ktjrn 2010-01-06 16:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inga said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Ragnarok.Inga said:
Korroloka Tunnel ....
...is only for the weak

I rather have someone level the job and get to know the ins and outs of it rather than take some 75 noob that astral burned and dont a piss-in-the-pan prayer of doing any damage w/ sorry *** bloodpacts. And besides, it'll probably take 3 months for an astral burn fool to get their smn magic skill up to par anyway.

I personally kept austere gear until i got relic armor in dynamis. Also dont forget that if you can get a vermy or a refresh type cloak (or ethers, etc.), you can stay in the camp, also get good solo xp, and good smn magic.

[+]
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-01-06 17:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inga said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Ragnarok.Inga said:
Korroloka Tunnel ....
...is only for the weak

Took me 2 years solo.

But I didnt lvl it everyday and generally only did so at 2 hour spurts when I did and there wasnt any FoV or anything either...so like 30s-mid40s I had to do things the hard way and BP+carby kite stupid mobs like spiders and worms that only appeared at night. It took an eternity.

I certainly wouldnt have minded an AFB pt cause after lvling on bombs for a lvl Im pretty sure you know the ends and out of lvling bombs 8| but I think you should atleast know how to play the job if you are going to waste the rest of the learning lvls.

hearing a lvl75 complain about how they need help soloing something that they should be able to solo makes me /shoot myself in head. I was trying to teach a smn how to solo imps and they kept hitting assault after they'd resummon...I was like "srsly...why are you doing that"

or I watched somebody panic as they got an add on their avatar and sic'd their avatar on it and then hightailed it to the zone.......omgwhy..just srsly..it would have despawned if you didnt touch it.