Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » RMT Controll Auction House
RMT Controll Auction House
 Odin.Ballgame
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ballgame
By Odin.Ballgame 2008-10-10 16:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Canard, Kamudo, Darkborn, Erinoa, Johndoy, Vangas, Lfritgat, Donomni, Merrer, Scorplo, Uatamin, Gyamza, Gilgina, Konekosan, Heiikuj, odfancn, Uatamin, Quofamm, Amonet, Supana, Acharoon, and more I bet.

Above accounts are involved in massive Auction house control of several items. Information taken from www.ffxiah.com shows most items above 100K being controlled by characters above.

They continue to buy and sell from them self’s on items like Fuma boots, sniper rings, all waist ropes, emp hairpin, elusive earrings, elemental torques, maneater axe, Woodville’s axe, and many more.

Caution buying anything on Auction House at this time.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]

Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

flame rings, aqua rings, snow rings too, and much more, they have an incredible AH control/monopoly
 Carbuncle.Tsuya
Premium
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Tsuya 2008-11-21 12:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

......or they're just smarter than you.

I'm rather tired of seeing everything blamed on RMT. Just because someone has the patience and know-how to manuipulate these micro markets does not make them RMT.

</soapbox>
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2008-11-21 13:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed with Tsuya. There are plenty of players that put time, effort, intelligence, and invested gil in order to creatively make profit.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-11-21 14:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious if intentionally manipulating the market in order to make more in-game gil, and then never exchanging it for any real life money, would still get called "RMT" by players. You know, seeing as there's no "real money trading" involved.

If so, I guess I became RMT the first day I ever played the game back 5 years ago, when a friend and I would drive up fire crystal prices at the San d'Orian AH in order to afford our next suit of level 5 NPC armor. Guess we shoulda been banned. Or is it only illegal if you do it intending to sell gil afterwards? I'm confused.
 Carbuncle.Tsuya
Premium
By Carbuncle.Tsuya 2008-11-21 14:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there's a rather large contingent of people who see more gil exchange hands in some AH transactions than they've ever had themselves, and think "hey, wtf... I'm smart, and I don't have that much gil.... they must be cheating" and blame RMT.

Hell, I have a certain bazaaring mule that gets blamed in /tells for being RMT all the time, just because it camps the same spot 24/7 and sells certain items that are in high demand at prices that most people would find unprofitable, thus keepig them out of the market. I've never sold gil for money. (But because I'm smart about it, I never have to go farming mobs for gil ever again, either... I just farm other players) ;P
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2008-11-21 14:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't understand the AH here is just like the stock market. RMT are very smart at playing the market and making prices rise and fall at their call.

Countless times I've seen RMT purposely kill the price on an easily farmable item just to force other people to drop out of that market because they don't think its worth their time. Then once all the other players leave, the RMT become the only source of that item and can slowly raise the price once again until some other player tries to join in. Then they repeat.

Check all items in high demand -- you will see a form of this in almost every one of them. RMT are smart, plain and simple. Whether you hate them or not it does not mean they don't know what they are doing.
 Carbuncle.Tsuya
Premium
By Carbuncle.Tsuya 2008-11-21 14:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

well, my point is that *I* purposefully force people out of certain items so I can maintain as much control over it as possible, exactly as you spelled it out here... but, I've never engaged in RMT.

There's market-manipulative activity, which is not against the rules, and there is RMT activity, which is. Please make sure you understand the distinction before blindly labeling someone as an RMT-toon just because they spend the time and effort necessary to control a certain market segment.
 Odin.Angrykitty
By Odin.Angrykitty 2008-11-21 16:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think real money traders tend to use regional vendors to attain their gil moreso than anything else... you can make huge profits by simply farming tons of drops and selling them to vendors. Gil-farmers use the auction house here and there but not as a primary means to make money. Most of everything that you guys call real money trader transactions are actually legitimate players using blackballing tactics on other players to take advantage of ingame economy. As far as your people buying OP items and then selling them for large amounts of gil on other servers.. it's not a very effective for the average real money trader. It's probably some spoiled 14 year old with his single mother's credit card spending $25 every 3 months because he's more concerned about making in-game profits than shelling out money in real life. Gil-farmers do not do that. They usually farm in the beastmen strongholds for months on end, and never go much further than that. The average rmt can make over $1,000,000 a week through farming in beastmen strongholds and selling to NPCs and NEVER touching the auction house. As far as flame rings etc. being monopolized, they are sold for less than profit and are usually used for skillup items. however some key items are simply sold for outrageous amounts, i.e. hagun, blau, juggernaut, peacocks, kraken.. and you guys pay the amount, you're to blame as long as people are paying that amount through buying gil or for the more diligent (farming). You shouldn't complain. My advice, don't participate in buying those items for that price if it makes you angry. You don't need them to enjoy FFXI anyways.
 Odin.Marigrim
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-11-21 20:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't say it's rmt but yes the above named players have been price fixing items for quite sometime. Weird thing is the try to make it look low they even do "false shouts" in white gate for the items at the listed price. Everyone on the server knows it's being fixed and they/we more or less sell by memory (and alot of times a bit more) what the going rate used to be. So I assure you it isn't "black balling" or anything - I seriously doubt it's rmting either though. For odin server characters who are worried they are nerfing the price and these items will sell for those prices: A) don't worry about it B) as long as 9/10's of the server remembers more or less what the value was they will keep trying to get every gil they can for them. This "rmt fixing" as it is accused has only made the items worth a little more because when you want them you are more at the mercey of the AH than ever no *real* auction history to influence the seller so he thinks about it for 30 minutes adds a few k's to what he wants for it to see what it's going to do and after you pluck up the courage to buy it your purchase goes poof in 4 hours. It's more like blind auctioning really than revenge of the rmt in my opinion. At times ppl get nervous and in a bind on these items and drop the price a bit (all the better for the consumer) and others study the number that remains posted and really stick it to someone when they want to shop. The only thing I think ppl are up tight about and making up these wild assumptions isn't due to the fact they think they can't GET the items they are there... I think it is because they don't have a past price history to hold their hands for them to guide them through spending "X k gil like the last 10 million ppl" no one wants to run the risk of paying more. It sucks it's annoying it makes me want to slap the person doing it.. but it isn't rmt'ing it's someone sitting at home laughing at your post because they are now famous for 5 seconds "the server that cried rmt" please stop... hell I even caught myself doing it, I get po'd and "it's rmt" it's almost like hurting yourself and saying "damn it!" I didn't get pissed and say it because I thought it was rmt I got pissed and said it cause it has become like an "in-game" bad ju ju hex XD soon when you get owned in Valkurm Dunes there will /sh GDI RMT blah blah blah D:
Thanks for reading this really over long post XD.

~ Mari btw I love that picture Angry kitty :D
 Odin.Angrykitty
By Odin.Angrykitty 2008-11-21 21:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

@Marigrim
thanks for teh awesome pic comment :P
 Odin.Marigrim
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-11-21 22:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Angrykitty said:
@Marigrim thanks for teh awesome pic comment :P

not to change the subject on someone elses post but ne time XD is the kitty drunk cause it got angry? Or is it angry that it's been drinking and ashamed of it's self... wait I know! It was happy drunk kitty, then it was angry drunk kitty cause it got a face full of litter :/ (it's bad when you miss a pan as big you are reason for anyone to be angry in my opinion XD)