users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM FOOD
RDM FOOD
 Valefor.Neokenesis
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2009-12-15 03:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In your opinion and under different circumstances what food would you use for rdm? For eg. solo, HNM, /whm, /blm, /sch, merit party. And for lol the worst possible food.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-15 03:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Compltely depends on what your doing. If you need more mnd for debuffing goblin mushpot.

If you want more int for nuking creme puffs.

Hmp get cookies

mix of all 3 get witch stew

Also consider /sch
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-12-15 03:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Neokenesis said:
In your opinion and under different circumstances what food would you use for rdm? For eg. solo, HNM, /whm, /blm, merit party. And for lol the worst possible food.

I asked this question for sch, which uses similar if not exact same food.

What I got was:

"OMG DON'T USE /whm or /blm! USE /RDM!"

Ahem, anyway, For food thing what I got was:

MP food - marron glace
Int(/blm?) - Melon+1, cream puff, brain stew(mixes with mnd too)
Mnd(/whm?) - Shrooms(Roast mushroom to mushroom stew)
Hmp: Wizzard cookie

Now, My personal experiences with rdm is low, But my 2cents would say its VERY situational.

Merit party I'd say some cheap mp/mnd food, Like roast mushroom.(Can buy from npc for 300 each, which is 3.6k, check AH for comparison.) Cheap, +10mp, +3mnd, -1enm. Or you can get a cheap pie, not a +1, since birds CAN eat your food, you don't wanna splurge to much.

EG depends on what your doing. I'll assume healing, so I'll simple say this: Mushroom stew. Best -enm you can get, ith best boosts in stats. +40mp, +4mnd, +4hmp, and -4enm.

/whm: Same as EG/merit/Stated above
/Blm: Same as stated above

Hnm: This falls into EG catigory, unless its solo DoT kiting, which I'd say would be MP food, since you should have damn nice/decent gear to dot kite and kill mobs, Extra mp just lowers convert timer needing.

Thats my personal 2cents, I know its alot of random crap, but I hope it helps ya~
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-15 04:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I wouldn't bother with food in most situations. Merit pt... well really mp isn't gunna do you much good not at like 30 or 40 I mean 1 refresh and that's gone. Emnity shouldn't matter and you shouldn't be resting. And mnd doesn't do jack for cure potency hardly and well you wont care about full potency debuffs and even if you did it's alot easier to get there anyways on those mobs. Similar goes for alot non hnm situations endgame where your running around though in those situations you might find yourself nuking more so maybe some int.

Hnms in group mnd would probably be your best bet. Landing full strenght slow/para is very helpful and chances are unless you are /sch you aint landing nukes anyways and as a rdm chances are you shouldn't be the one getting hate either unless your dispelling/stunning like mad while being a main healer.

If your soloing via kiting... well in the end most food wont make a huge difference. A little mp is nothing really to write home about emnity obviously doesn't matter. On some of the harder mobs where you kinda need to debuff them too mnd helps but shouldn't be your main concern. Int will help with bind/gravity/poison as well as those nukes and will actually end up saving you more mp than a straight mp food would though melon pie+1 offers nice int and mp. Also longer duration food is more desirable as it is 1 less thing to worry about and remember.

If you are straight tanking HNMs solo probably mind to help keep it as debuffed as strongly as possible to well be able to keep shadows up while still doing any dmg lol
 Valefor.Neokenesis
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2009-12-15 05:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So it sounds to me best bang for buck is brain stew or its HQ. You get the best of both worlds of MND and INT mixed in with alittle Hmp and Hhp.

Ramuh.Dasva said:
well really mp isn't gunna do you much good not at like 30 or 40 I mean 1 refresh and that's gone.
I 100% agree with this statement. +MP does seem abit of a waste because once u have used magic it will probably hit 100% again for along time. i figure just start with serkets ring for the first haste/refresh then change to mnd/int rings

Thanks for the help Ill try get my wife to make me some Brain stews.

Cheers Neo
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-15 05:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo/tanking - Tavnazian Tacos or similar.
 Pandemonium.Isiolia
Server: Pandemonium
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2009-12-15 12:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For enfeebling, as mentioned, Goblin Mushpots for MND spells.

For nuking or INT in general, I like Cream Puffs.

If you're meriting or something, IMO, food isn't a big deal. Cookies are good for XP type setups or things where you may rest. If you do want/need MP in those situations, you probably only need it for a short time. In that case, use Bretzels. Like cookies, they're a 3 or 5 minute food depending on NQ or HQ, and like NQ cookies, you can pick up NQ Bretzels for a pittance from NPC. +8% MP capping at 55 (NQ) isn't up there with Marron Glace...but it'll possibly even out your Convert ratio or something. Then it'll wear off in a few minutes and you can use cookies when you med.

I often wind up using Meat Mithkabobs when farming EPish stuff, Tacos can be nice if things are a bit higher level.
 Fenrir.Retin
Server: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2009-12-15 13:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I solo(in wich case I use taco), I don't use food on RDM ^_< As others have stated, Mushpots for mnd, puffs for int, glace for mp.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-15 14:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I was going to undertake some super hard solo or duo that is highly recommended I use food I dont use food...I actually never solo/duo anyway or atleast anything that big. I brought int food when I had an ENM brothers partner cause they did and I didnt want to look like a dweeb.

I usually just use cookies, my santa hat gives them for free!

In the events I do I cant think of anything where my enfeebs sucked so bad we all died. I have a perty good enfeeb set up >.>
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-12-15 15:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Enfeebwhore: Goblin Mushpot = +10 MND
Grav\bind\nukes: Cream puff = +7 INT
HMP: Wizard cookies = HMP +7
Tavnazian taco can be nice when soloing, and very nice when tanking.
If you ever for some reason want mp-food: Marron glace.

Personally I just eat wizard cookies 90% of the time, as this usually helps way more over time for me.
 Ramuh.Ilvex
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2009-12-19 03:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI for Max MP i'd go with coffeecake muffins, http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=5655,over marron glazes. Lower % then marron but same cap, as well as stackable and +1mnd (lol)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 03:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dammit Il learn to BBcode!!! Coffee Muffin Also Marron Glace does give 1 hmp. Also note Crimson Jelly is same mp but with 6int and 2hmp and generally the HQ is about the same price as NQ due to relatively low demand
 Ramuh.Ilvex
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2009-12-19 13:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

you stfu damn taru
 Gilgamesh.Bali
Server: Gilgamesh
user: jogara
By Gilgamesh.Bali 2009-12-19 23:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Taco's are only thing I carry on rdm. If you are still xping on rdm possibly a glace to even out your convert.