Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Taking off Avatar's Favor
Taking off Avatar's Favor
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-10 01:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, now this may seem like a stupid question.

I put up favor, try to take it off manually, try to activate the ability again (like sublimation) to kill it, nothing. Desummon, resummon, it's back. Use a different avatar, it's still there. =.=;

Someone halp. :x

I don't want my BPs gimped because I wanted to have favor or something for a bit. =.=;

Edit: Level sync works etc but come on SE.
 Odin.Gabronth
Server: Odin
user: gabronth
By Odin.Gabronth 2009-11-10 01:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

favor stays up when switiching ava but doesnt reactivate if u canceled it with ava out wich is why u had to resummon. SE obviously didnt want u to do that.
best thing to do is to summon use bp then use favor when bp is rdy take favor off for bp again
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-10 01:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but even if you resummon the favor's still there. And you can't cancel it with your avatar out... or anything =.=
 Odin.Gabronth
Server: Odin
user: gabronth
By Odin.Gabronth 2009-11-10 01:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

u can cancel it with avatar out... dont click the icon that says the favor ur receiving click the other 1 that is a red circle
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-10 01:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

OH!!!! Okay, I'll try that. D: Ty~
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-11-10 04:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent been able to get on and try myself yet, but form what I read about it, when you use a bp the favour ability is canceled and quickly comes back on. So if you do with diabolos and wait till refresh s maxed out, then bp, afterwards your refresh would be down to 1/tick and have to wait the 1min or w/e it takes for it to fully charge.
Just what i read last night so dont shoot me if it isnt true. lol. I also heard carby mitts are broken :o
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-10 05:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I think you're right. And the favor kills the stats on your avatars too. -15% or something. ;x
 Bahamut.Vette
Server: Bahamut
user: Vette
By Bahamut.Vette 2009-11-10 07:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i was having the same issue w/ the carby mitts. the hidden effect wasn't working. and yea Diablos's Favor + Dark staff = 1mp/tick when he's out. i hope SE is correcting this today. I'd like the mitts to work again.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-10 07:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Also having 315 summoning skill while perping Diabolos triggers the 4mp/tic thingy with favor. I'm at 314 skill. =.=;
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Lordtip
Server: Shiva
user: lordtip
By Shiva.Lordtip 2010-01-18 02:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Gabronth said:
u can cancel it with avatar out... dont click the icon that says the favor ur receiving click the other 1 that is a red circle

100% correct! =P this is the answer to your question.
 Garuda.Vlorsutes
Server: Garuda
user: Vlorsutes
By Garuda.Vlorsutes 2010-02-04 22:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Also having 315 summoning skill while perping Diabolos triggers the 4mp/tic thingy with favor. I'm at 314 skill. =.=;

It's 317 skill that triggers the top tier as far as the Favor effects. Before 317 skill, Diabolos's Favor only gives 3mp/tic at full strength.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-04 22:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the blinking of the favor only reduces to like half so you don't have to build all the way back up again