Whats The Max Treasure Hunter?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Whats the max Treasure Hunter?
Whats the max Treasure Hunter?
First Page 2 3 4 5
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-27 10:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-27 10:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Again, all of these questions have been answered by a single link, posted on the first page within 5 posts, and he still hasn't bothered to read any of it, or can't interpret the information in front of his eyes.

Hence:
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I say once again- this is clearly not the game for you.

FFXI is a game about obscure mechanics that aren't explained to you, you have to go on wiki and read the page to figure out how it works, and this man can't read a wikipedia page that was linked to him directly.

We're not talking about searching the forums and finding some hidden reference to an old forum post and reading the testing results of some guy who's dead. This information is available on the BG wiki page for the job trait he's asking about, which is also the first result on a Google search.

Doesn't help that his username is "MasterBuyer". I think we all know what's going on here- someone spent a bunch of real money on some characters for his "Content Creation", but knows jack ***about the game and isn't willing to spend time like the rest of us have for years to be able to have that knowledge on-hand. When we don't know something, we first check known sources to see if it IS known by some, just not us yet, and if no clear answer is there, THEN we bring it to the masses and discussion ensues.

Either he's too lazy, unable to comprehend basic sentence structure, or purposely trolling. I'm tending towards idiot or troll any more with the classic troll move of "you can just block me" being his go-to for any critique.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-03-27 10:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm just taking it easy.

Quote:
now i want to know if you have more than 14 TH does that mean it gets proc faster?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-27 10:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Has to be trolling, if only for the fact he's posted his question a half dozen times and could've found the answer in considerably less time than he's spent engaging here.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-03-27 10:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this is what i got from AI

Quote:
In Final Fantasy XI (FFXI), the Thief job class has an ability called Treasure Hunter (TH), which increases the likelihood of enemies dropping additional items or rare items when defeated. Treasure Hunter can stack up to a maximum of 8 levels, which is equivalent to a 100% increase in drop rate.

Having more than 14 Treasure Hunter, in theory, would not directly affect the rate at which Treasure Hunter procs. Once you reach the maximum of 8 levels of Treasure Hunter, additional levels beyond that do not confer any additional benefit in terms of increasing drop rates.

However, having more than 14 Treasure Hunter may still be advantageous in certain situations. For example, some content in FFXI may have mechanics or enemies where having extra Treasure Hunter can be beneficial. Additionally, having extra Treasure Hunter may allow you to maintain its effect even in situations where it could be dispelled or removed temporarily.

Overall, while having more than 14 Treasure Hunter doesn't directly affect the rate at which it procs, it can still provide benefits in certain situations within the game.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-27 10:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Materdark said: »
i'm just taking it easy.

Quote:
now i want to know if you have more than 14 TH does that mean it gets proc faster?

I'm not going to answer your question except to point out that the answer to this question is, once again, on the same BG wiki page you've refused to read all morning. Good luck sir, I'm sure you will find reading comprehension skills at some point.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-03-27 10:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

is this it

Quote:
Combining all the proc-system factors, TPing and SA/TAing in equipment with Treasure Hunter +1 will allow you to reach high TH levels much more rapidly

So the more the better it will proc faster???
By fillerbunny9 2024-03-27 10:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, this almost makes one nostalgic for Vyse or Vyze or whatever his name was.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-03-27 10:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
fillerbunny9
suikoden 3 was crazy with cheats never finished tho
By Viertel 2024-03-27 10:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

jubes said: »
i know, he doesn't post the way we want him to, and that annoys people. i even agree that he could be more appreciative of the people who do take the time to answer these questions and i've trolled a thread of his myself before. still, i don't think we should try to chase the guy off and ridicule his intelligence over and over. its just mean, and only encourages more distractions.

It has nothing to do with "not posting how we want". He's been told over and over and over that every single question he asks is on the wiki, and refuses to look at it or is purposely trolling.

We're not babysitters, and it's 2024. If you can't do the bare minimum and help yourself why should I spend my own valuable FINITE time and help you?

This person isn't asking

"I read X on wiki, and need clarification on point Y."

They're going:

"lol how dis work i dun look it up"
[+]
By Tarage 2024-03-27 10:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

"Answer my question. Now answer it again. Answer it a third time. Answer my unrelated question. I read the answer, and completely misunderstood it because I am right and now answer my other question that comes from the flawed understanding from the previous question. Why aren't you answering my question right now? Bro relax it's just a game.

But answer my question right now or I'll spam it 5 more times."

He is Billnes without any shread of politeness. At least Billnes believes you when you answer. This jackass gets an answer he doesn't like and proceeds to tell you you're wrong while pretending like he discovered some previously undiscovered aspect of the game that we all must drop everything we're doing to verify.

This guy trades blue cells during the capped lights campaign even after being explicitly told it that it does nothing.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-03-27 10:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the idea asking questions you can choose to answer them it's up to you.

Quote:

bec the wiki says

Quote:
Combining all the proc-system factors, TPing and SA/TAing in equipment with Treasure Hunter +1 will allow you to reach high TH levels much more rapidly

do you think you can kill someone like this lol

But i'm serious please let me know
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-27 10:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't forget "It says this on the wiki but I don't think that's right, or that it's outdated, can someone confirm that this is true?"

.And I feel like its outdated as well.
[+]
By Tarage 2024-03-27 10:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

bec the wiki says

YOU ACTUAL IDIOT WE ALREADY DID READ THE THREAD.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-03-27 10:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »

Quote:

bec the wiki says

sorry i must have missed it.
By Tarage 2024-03-27 10:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

bec the wiki says

THEN STOP ASKING AND READ.

And god, I just saw your post above where you tried to use an AI chatbot to read the wiki and answer your question and I honestly can't comprehend how you remember to breathe and eat food.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-03-27 10:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

bec the wiki says

And god, I just saw your post above where you tried to use an AI chatbot to read the wiki and answer your question and I honestly can't comprehend how you remember to breathe and eat food.

I felt like someone would add some extra value to this.
By RadialArcana 2024-03-27 10:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm just taking it easy.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Tarage 2024-03-27 10:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

bec the wiki says

I felt like someone would add some extra value to this.

You don't ask for value, you demand it. You throw a temper tantrum if people don't. And god forbid someone try, because you tell them they're wrong, talk over them, ignore them, decide you discovered something brand new that needs testing, and demand citations to prove your new insane unfounded theory is incorrect, despite refusing to read any citations given to you.

You ask for value while simultaneously being a net negative.
 Asura.Materdark
By Asura.Materdark 2024-03-27 10:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i demand freedom of speech, so the more you stack TH the higher the proc will be?
By Tarage 2024-03-27 10:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

A person with any self awareness, after being yelled at and mocked by every single person they interact with, would have a moment of introspection, consider that maybe, instead of everyone else being wrong, they might be wrong.

Also "freedom of speech" doesn't exist on a private internet forum.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-27 10:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the max Treasure Hunter one can get i have looked online and it seem to be a cap in place for this?

So if you have TH 14 it will land on all of the mobs if you attack with area of effect ws?

Here's the sum total of all TH-related questions asked by OP in this thread. Every single one of these is answered by reading the BG wiki page on treasure hunter, which was the second reply to this thread.

Even if you're incapable of finding the Treasure Hunter page of BG wiki by some miracle, after someone posted it you could navigate to it by clicking on the hyperlink and answer all of your own questions, saving dozens of people the effort of answering them for you, repeatedly, by copying the words from that page to this page.

This has the added benefit that now, if you have a question about how Last Resort works, you know that you can go to the Last Resort page on BG wiki and answer your own questions rather than having to come to FFXIAH and create a topic so others can copy that information and paste it here for you. Then you could be a higher-functioning person who doesn't have to rely on others and AI to figure out whether or not to drink the bleach under the sink.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-27 10:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

hey bahamut folks- we sure this guy isn't Ahalee?
By Tarage 2024-03-27 11:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god, would that work? Could I tell him the answer to his question is to drink bleach? It's like, a 50/50 toss up of him believing me, or demanding a citation.

Someone edit the wiki to explicitly state that the way to max TH is to drink bleach.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-27 11:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Man, this almost makes one nostalgic for Vyse or Vyze or whatever his name was.

Don't slander cyclops. He's a folk lore hero around these parts, so watch how you speak of legends in these streets!
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-03-27 11:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god, would that work? Could I tell him the answer to his question us to drink bleach? It's like, a 50/50 toss up of him believing me, or demanding a citation.

Someone edit the wiki to explicitly state that the way to max TH is to drink bleach.

I believe the 2024 way of saying this now is,

"Please make your carbon footprint 0."
[+]
By Tarage 2024-03-27 11:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
Oh god, would that work? Could I tell him the answer to his question us to drink bleach? It's like, a 50/50 toss up of him believing me, or demanding a citation.

I believe the 2024 way of saying this now is,

"Please make your carbon footprint 0."

That sort of attack requires the reader to be able to comprehend implications of statements and you know damn well he can't do that.

You gotta be as literal as you possibly can, and even then it's a gamble if he actually believes you.

Drinking bleach improves TH.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-03-27 11:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone told me to

K eep
Y ourself
S afe

a while ago to get around being banned, I laughed.
[+]
By Tarage 2024-03-27 11:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You have no proof that bleach drinking doesn't improve TH. If only we had a spunky go-getter available to test this great new theory and get all the credit for its discovery.

Ok I'm done. Had to get it out of my system.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-27 13:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets not encourage low IQ people to drink bleach lest they actually do it and ffxiah becomes part of a criminal investigation.