Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Turtle Set Q
Turtle Set Q
 Asura.Oraine
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: crazy00
By Asura.Oraine 2023-12-08 20:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

what exactly should be in my turtle set? high HP and DT 50%? is that what turtle means?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2023-12-08 20:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's when your set is entirely focused on survival over anything else. Kinda outdated for most jobs now that SE has released enough DT gear that maintaining capped or near capped dt at all times is trivial.
[+]
 Asura.Oraine
By Asura.Oraine 2023-12-08 21:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

okay thanks. i thought it was something like that. i can delete it from my lua set then lol
By zixxer 2023-12-08 22:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Oraine said: »
what exactly should be in my turtle set? high HP and DT 50%? is that what turtle means?

If you're asking for idle set, it should be cap mdt/pdt, enough hp so it doesn't yoyo when you cast, etc. The rest should be magic evasion>mdb>resist+>status ailment resistance. In that order.
[+]
By crazy00 2023-12-08 23:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I was asking because the lua my friend sent me has Srivasta, Resist, Priwen, Turtle, and Acc for idles & engaged. I was confused on why Turtle was in there as well. it just didnt make sense to me after i went and edited it all lol.
By Seun 2023-12-09 05:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
It's when your set is entirely focused on survival over anything else.

Turtles hide inside their shells when attacked. Translated here to shedding all offensive capability for mitigation.

Sometimes also used in gaming to describe the tactic of dragging a game out. Synonymous with 'camping'.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-12-09 10:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

For PLD, a turtle set would be Max DT, DT-II, Magic Evasion, Physical Defense (this matters a great deal but probably not very much to PLD), Block Rate, Parry Rate, Magical Defense… Shadow Cape?… Basically going outside of the norm that allows for a chance at 0-Damage.

It’s basically an EMO Button (Emergency Manual Override) or the classic “OH ***” set that throws as much of a wall up as possible to survive a boss’s tantrums or “*** You” attacks and generally not so great for enmity.

I think it’s useful to have one and you can get one ready for specific fights if you want to. X boss does “Fire-Blast of Stupidity” at exactly 22% HP? Turtle set with *** or MEVA,MDB and Absorb Fire. Stuff like that.
[+]
 Asura.Oraine
By Asura.Oraine 2023-12-19 02:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah but with a phalanx +38-40 set, your going to get 0 damage from most mobs in omen and odyssea at least regardless right? thats why i was confused on the turle set. thought it was just a phalanx cast set lol