VW Botters..

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » VW botters..
VW botters..
 Asura.Karppa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-11-22 10:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I never thought to see this..most ppls using Vw bots and not invite ppls...I was under impression more the merrier >> faster kills..but no..some ppls just want solo with bots..yes u can outclaim bot in some cases..but this is nice event and nice way to make gils,,but now it is hard...I'm sure SE dint mean this..so what to do call GM?? I heard from some player they don't do ***...idk if thats true I sure hope it is not...
By Taint 2022-11-22 10:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just go to another camp. Its always been this way, especially on Asura. There is typically a line at the easy to access camps and the ones further out are empty or real players.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-22 10:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pick a different pop, not often all 3 are taken.

You can call the GM, they'll send an automated reply and not do *** all.

You can report to the STF, they'll also do *** all.
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-11-22 10:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Just go to another camp. Its always been this way, especially on Asura. There is typically a line at the easy to access camps and the ones further out are empty or real players.
Well just checked all Aeollo pop islands all taken..by 1 player.../sigh but yea gonna look more free camps if there is any or ppls who wanna team up.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-11-22 10:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Pick a different pop, not often all 3 are taken.

You can call the GM, they'll send an automated reply and not do *** all.

You can report to the STF, they'll also do *** all.

Right....:(
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-22 11:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lolAsura
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-11-22 11:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

https://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=20&la=1
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-22 11:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

GM them. Use their names, tell them what they're doing. Stress that they seem to be violating ToS and that is impacting your ability to enjoy the game.

I usually get a response if all those things are true. But I also don't play on Asura so I don't know if it's different on your slice of heaven.
[+]
By Taint 2022-11-22 11:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karppa said: »
Well just checked all Aeollo pop islands all taken..by 1 player.../sigh but yea gonna look more free camps if there is any or ppls who wanna team up.

Go do Qilin. Aeollo always busy since its fast to get to.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-11-22 11:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The irony man
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-11-22 11:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under impression more the merrier >> faster kills..

In my experience (Asura), half the time you invite a rando who walks up, they then ask you to invite all their bots or make an alliance with them, then they hold up the real players by failing to claim from chest or going totally AFK while the bots break.
Gotta do a Voight-Kampff test on everyone who walks up lmao
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-11-22 11:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Go do Qilin. Aeollo always busy since its fast to get to.
Life is good XD Uptala was free^^
[+]
By Draylo 2022-11-22 19:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

GM wont do anything, they literally just send automated messages saying they recorded the names and thanks for your message. Literally just to shut people up, but then 0 happens. Quite sad if you ask me, but its caused blatant cheating now. I was lazy and got a ZNM pop from some shouting and the guy literally POS hacked to the spawn point as I was standing there lol.
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2022-11-22 19:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s annoying but most of the time at least 1 of the 3 aello points are being done by a real player, be polite and ask the party leader for an invite and you’ll usually get it. Just don’t be that jerk who doesn’t claim/pass the loot holding everyone up while the chest despawns. Bring a few stacks of displacers and cells too, those compete with loot for inventory space and many party leaders appreciate not having to take breaks to go back for more risking their spot. The bots have a finite number of voidstones so they will run out eventually. Worst case, do a hostile takeover if someone is an obvious bot. There is never a good reason to turn down another player except for someone disrupting things
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2022-11-23 02:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Tokimemofan said: »
It’s annoying but most of the time at least 1 of the 3 aello points are being done by a real player, be polite and ask the party leader for an invite and you’ll usually get it. Just don’t be that jerk who doesn’t claim/pass the loot holding everyone up while the chest despawns. Bring a few stacks of displacers and cells too, those compete with loot for inventory space and many party leaders appreciate not having to take breaks to go back for more risking their spot. The bots have a finite number of voidstones so they will run out eventually. Worst case, do a hostile takeover if someone is an obvious bot. There is never a good reason to turn down another player except for someone disrupting things
I always invite ppls to my PT or makin ally if there is ppls who want to join..ofc afk ppls are annoying..not clearing box..but happens sometimes to everyone..and those ppls can be kicked out of pt..in case fell sleeping..but this don't rule out selfish players who answer your tells..I want to play solo now..lol..well I try chill with this VW event..but sometimes..I'm so pissed..and forgive my bad grammar/english not my native language..
By RadialArcana 2022-11-23 04:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's basically people who go to kill VW stuff during campaigns and turn the bots on, it's legit accounts. They tend to always try to keep at least one free because they know if they cause real disruptions they will get more reports.

It's odd to me they don't just add a kind of fatigue system to VW, after you spawn 20 or so it starts increasing in level and ignoring displacers.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-23 06:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they don't give a ***. They want you logged in. They're not going to hinder bots unless you make them.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2022-11-23 09:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
It's basically people who go to kill VW stuff during campaigns and turn the bots on, it's legit accounts. They tend to always try to keep at least one free because they know if they cause real disruptions they will get more reports.

It's odd to me they don't just add a kind of fatigue system to VW, after you spawn 20 or so it starts increasing in level and ignoring displacers.
I don't think people need displacers, it just make the kills go faster. I dont think VW can do anything "reasonable" to try to deter spamming spawns.

The best they could do is remove the direct use of stone from storage, which would be a QoL hit for all players.
By kishr 2022-11-23 09:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It was said but I'll repeat it, people don't invite others because they take too long to open the chest. imo

Also, just do it near the end of the campaign instead.
Everyone already burned their stones by then.
Plus, prices plummet fast at the beginning.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-11-23 09:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

farm Botulus Rex in buburimu peninsula, there's a pop right outside of Mhaura, another couple in locations where you'll be all alone

hot take: better $/hr than Aello
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-23 10:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda doubt that, but pouch nms are dogturds. Morta and Bismarck are where it's at.

Especially if you can find a clown to take all your skins or saps and lose them all crafting.
[+]
 Asura.Damagen
user: Damagen
By Asura.Damagen 2022-11-28 10:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pay attention and out-pop them manually. They'll cry when they get back and go elsewhere.

Check they're bots first, of course.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-11-28 14:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Damagen said: »
Pay attention and out-pop them manually. They'll cry when they get back and go elsewhere.

Check they're bots first, of course.

Manually out-pop a bot? Have you ever tried this? Normally I can't even see the ??? before a bot has already popped it, much less go through the 5-7 button presses to pop an NM
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-28 14:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The vw lua is quite slow. Sufficient for the purpose but easily out popped.

Not that you should ever bother. That's really stupid *** advice. Add another layer of stress by repeatedly popping the mob as fast as humanly possible, instead of just doing exactly not that and leaving.
[+]
By Taint 2022-11-28 15:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Kinda doubt that, but pouch nms are dogturds. Morta and Bismarck are where it's at.

Especially if you can find a clown to take all your skins or saps and lose them all crafting.

Yep, I've done 1000s and Morta is the best.
By Draylo 2022-11-28 15:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop botting! yall are degrading this game.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-11-28 23:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Stop botting!

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-11-29 00:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
GM wont do anything, they literally just send automated messages saying they recorded the names and thanks for your message. Literally just to shut people up, but then 0 happens. Quite sad if you ask me, but its caused blatant cheating now. I was lazy and got a ZNM pop from some shouting and the guy literally POS hacked to the spawn point as I was standing there lol.

Not that I doubt that someone would blatantly cheat in this game, but are you sure he didn't just use a Nexus Cape?
By Draylo 2022-11-29 01:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I got to the zone with the unity warp. Ran to the place for salt and got to the ???. These people were still in town, then they zone in and instantly appear right ontop of the ???. Impossible to do as I was not ontop of it, not leader. I also am quite aware of POS warping and how they most likely saved that position after selling so many times to warp to it and save time.
[+]