Are These People Serious?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Are these people serious?
Are these people serious?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Quetzalcoatl.Cort
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Cort 2009-11-05 17:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Christianity is nothing more than a collection of pagan symbols and beliefs, along with other borrowed myths from previous monotheistic cult-err- religions.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-05 17:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

if that was /sarcasm then they need to take classes.
 Unicorn.Frisk
Server: Unicorn
user: Frisk
By Unicorn.Frisk 2009-11-05 17:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure what's worse, that card or a grown man going trick or treating
[+]
 Fairy.Maimed
Server: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2009-11-05 18:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Times are tough. The economy is still in the crapper. Free halloween candy = more money for beer!
 Bismarck.Saleam
Server: Bismarck
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-05 19:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

For those of you who've played the game 'Telephone", the bible runs along the same concept.

Wish more people would think like that. The original bible has probably been so warped by now. And they've obviously omitted the dinosaur hunting Jedi =\
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-05 20:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Saleam said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

For those of you who've played the game 'Telephone", the bible runs along the same concept.

Wish more people would think like that. The original bible has probably been so warped by now. And they've obviously omitted the dinosaur hunting Jedi =\

God is actually a transvestite and Satan is just an emo kid who got seriously misunderstood. It's all in there.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-05 20:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Bismarck.Saleam said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

God is actually a transvestite and Satan is just an emo kid who got seriously misunderstood. It's all in there.
I'm just gonna scribble that in on the wiki entry for religion and hope it sticks, thanks.
 Fenrir.Sirseifer
Server: Fenrir
user: sirseifer
By Fenrir.Sirseifer 2009-11-05 20:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.

- Albert Einstein to Guy H. Raner Jr., Sept. 28, 1949

Personally I prefer to adopt an attitude of humility, people know little yet judge many. I can understand why people think those who are religious are delusional, but one has to understand there are those within religion who will manipulate it to serve there own interests and we have been doing this even before the idea of a religion came along, simple caveman intimidation is an act of manipulation. The Vatican and the Church are corrupt, 'Thou Shalt not have any Graven Image' yet church's throughout the world are full of statues, painting's and symbols. Anyone who has studied Christianity in depth knows its original message has been twisted to a large extent, not even the Gospel of St.Barnabas is included which implies Islam, no wonder. Christianity itself was not corrupt, it was human's who made it corrupt, we only need to look to such things as the 'Just War Theory' by 'St.' Thomas Aquinas and the Council of Nicea to see this, or the invention of the Pope and the Divine Right of Kings.

If Henry VIII could change a religion to suit his sexual desires, what makes you think an entire group of elite's cant change a religion to suit there interests. (Please refer to the Council of Nicea or more notably the Crusades {There's 3, pick one, some argue more, but...zzz }which has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity but instead gaining wealth and power).

Sorry for the blah, but 3000+ years of religious, economic, social, political (I think you get the picture) etc cant be explained in a few paragraphs, let alone a book.
 Fenrir.Sirseifer
By Fenrir.Sirseifer 2009-11-05 21:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Check out 'Pawns in the Game by William Guy Carr.' Trust me, it's a good read.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-11-05 23:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm .. lol

the advertizing I'm getting is: learn biblical hebrew online with israel's best teachers... wahahaha -_-
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-11-06 00:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Every cult is the only religion... and believes that all other religions are cults. Every culture is superior to all other cultures. As humans, we consider intelligent the other animals based on the simple fact that they're similar to us. It makes a lot of sense, of course.

It's not about bashing other's beliefs just out of hatred, it's about making religious people realize that they most likely wouldn't have a religion if they were born in China; they probably wouldn't have Christian beliefs if they were born in some Muslim/Jewish country, etc. Being able to question religion (or evolution) and doubt it's credibility isn't given to just anyone with a brain... It often takes courage and discernment.

In MANY countries including dense areas of North America, if you openly reject popular ideas, you face isolation, harassment, rejection from family/culture. We're in 2009, this should not be happening, but it keeps happening because old institutions called religions insist on teaching ***that was made up thousands of years at a time when people had 0.1% of the scientific knowledge we have today. Adding insult to injury: They claim to have The Truth.

It's OK to bash religion with words, trust me. Millions of people have been killed for it, raped for it, forced to "convert", burned for it... in the name of... it's simply payback time, now that we finally have SOME freedom of speech against it.

If an army of people representing YOU committed mass murder, you can't just say they're "extremists" and this has nothing to do with you. If you can't deal with the problem and if the leaders of your group aren't ready to expel and condemn the sinners, shouldn't you quit them, out of shame? How is it any different in a religious context?

This isn't even about the crusades. This is about World War II, this is about the genocide in Rwanda, catholics killing catholics and the Vatican being silent about it. About the mass bombing of Israel (a religious state) on thousands of Palestinian civilians who aren't even allowed to run away to Egypt and have nothing left to live for. About the people killing in the name of Allah. About the church of San d'Oria and their silly Gates of Paradise.

If you think worshipping God is important, fine, do it. But do you really have to follow those shameless religions for God to be proud of you? How does that make any sense to you? Just because your parents never thought about it doesn't mean you shouldn't...
[+]
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-11-06 00:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Frisk said:
not sure what's worse, that card or a grown man going trick or treating

says the could be adult playing a video game responding on a video games forum.
User submitted image
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-06 00:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, after seeing this topic in latest so often I can only conclude that no, these people actually aren't serious.

Think of the genius behind it, modern america suburb family hands out Jesus-treats on Halloween, mystifies, bewilders and upsets people. They probably just found them leftover on a table somewhere and figured they'd troll the ***out of your neighborhood on the cheap instead of buying candy.

I'm totally trying this next year.
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2009-11-09 01:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-11-09 02:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://thewhiplashing.blogspot.com/2009/11/harmony-explanation-of-unity-between.html#more

Interesting read, though I will warn you it is LONG....
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-11-09 02:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, the same people repeatedly knocking on my door preaching BS to me pisses me off, After the 3rd or 4th time of literally saying "I don't care" you should be allowed to kick thier *** imo.
[+]
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-09 05:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kyhira said:
User submitted image

HAHA
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-11-09 06:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kyhira said:
User submitted image

<3
 Fenrir.Sirseifer
By Fenrir.Sirseifer 2009-11-11 15:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you think those who instigated the Crusades and these terrorist attacks are truly religious? Did you stop to think they are the one's using religion, not religion using them. We were exploiting people even before the idea of a religion came along, so I'm far more inclined to believe were to blame then using religion as a scapegoat. Athiest's believe religion come's from man, so man's to blame not religion.

As I said previously, if Henry VIII can change a religion to suit his sexual desires, what do you think a group of elitist dictator's are able to do? I can argue it isn't Christian's at all, becuase they don't follow Christianity truly, anyone who's studied the Bible in depth realises this. Meaning has been lost in translation as well as entire Gospels such as Gospel of St.Barnabas isn't even included.

There are a billion Christians as there are Muslims, to say a mere 1% are evil would equate to 10 million, are you seriously suggesting there are 10 million evil Christian's/Muslim's out there? Or even 10%, which equals 100 million, that's more troops then WWI & WWII put together.

If you think the Pope is a Christian, you clearly do not know Christianity, these people used religion to suit there own desires, just as we have been doing since the beginning of time. We only need to look at the vast wealth of the Vatican Church to realise it has absolutely nothing to do with true Christianity, how can you wear gold robes whilst there are people starving?

This is exactly what infuriates people, but understand, these people whilst they may claim to be religious are anything but, they know people are gullible, they know people want to belong and they prey upon this weakness whilst we at the bottom fight amongst ourselves, it's ingenious and horrific, then again, you don't think of 'evil people' as manipulative interlectuals.

I understand your hatred again'st religion, but understand, this is not what religion stands for, these people twist it to suit there own desires, I was on the God channel the other day and I couldn't believe my eyes (excuse the pun) 'The Lord is not ashamed to ask you for charity,' who the hell is this false christian preacher telling us to give money otherwise the lord won't bless us, he is a fake and Jesus (P.B.U.H.) said to be aware of False prophets, and as we see today, they are rampant amongst our society, no wonder people hate religion. Another quote was 'Fire in the name of the Lord' and then these people faint, listen to what he's saying, 'FIRE in the name of the Lord,' he is being satanic without peopl even realising it. Indeed, you reach enlightenment by being set aflame by the lord...please see these people are false and preying on gullible ignorant people to suit themselves, speaking of his suit, the false christia preacher, he was wearing an obviously tailored suit with a golden embroided symbol, he also had his hair dyed or it was a wig. I can take a split second look and tell this is a false *** using religion to further his owns gain.

If you look at the true message of Christianity before it was corrupted your view of Christianity would change dramatically, also your view concerning politics, science and economics, this is no simple subject and requires a vast amount of research.

"If an army of people representing YOU committed mass murder, you can't just say they're "extremists" and this has nothing to do with you. If you can't deal with the problem and if the leaders of your group aren't ready to expel and condemn the sinners, shouldn't you quit them, out of shame? How is it any different in a religious context? "

Then every army that has ever existed would be disbanded before any great battle took place. If you learn anything in war, it's shockingly horrific and unspeakable, by your logic, the American army should disband in Iraq and Afganistan becuase of an extreme minority of troops who show little regard for human dignity, through raping women, stealing there possesions and killing innocents. Not to mention Vietnam, WW1 & WW2, there are numerous accounts of soldiers who have become mentally unstable and commited unspeakable crimes.

Statistically speaking, are you suggesting 1% of Christian's or Muslim's are evil, like I said, that's 10 million people you are judging. If you have a family of 100, and 1 person commits a crime, does that make you all guilty, that you should be rid of the family name becuase it has been tarnished?

If there is anything I have learnt, you get good and bad people everywhere and to judge an entire religion/s which equals easily over 2 billion people, not to mention Judaism, is rather presumptious. Before you question my sources, there are roughly 1 - 1.8 Billion muslims in the world, that is according to varyious studies from various newspapers etc, however they all agree there is definetly a population of over 1 billion.

I understand your hatred again'st religion, but understand there are those who wouldn't consider them religious and a traitor to there faith. We both know what is right and wrong, we would welcome Martin Luther King (R.I.P.) with open arms into our house, however I'd slam the door shut if the Pope turned up. Anyhow, that's enough blah for now.
[+]
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-11 15:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sir >.>

You should summarize that in one to two simple sentences.

Alexander.Naraku
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Naraku 2009-11-11 15:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst thread ever...
[+]
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-11-13 14:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Even believing there is no god is a belief.

Actually, that's not entirely true.

There are some hardcore atheists who -believe- there is no god, but generally speaking, most atheists and agnostics simply lack a belief in any gods. Saying that their not believing IS a belief in itself is very much like saying -not- believing in Zeus is a belief system. Does anyone here actually belong to the No Zeus religion? Of course not. Most people simply don't believe in Zeus.

To use a cliche'...if atheism is a religion, then baldness is a hair color. Nope...baldness is a -lack- of hair, and atheism is a -lack- of belief. 8)

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-13 14:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
"And black isn't a color, it's just the absence of light." You KNOWWWW what I meant, Silv. lol

/poke

I had to do a color theory class a few quarters ago.. and ***like this still makes me lol. I learned the most ridiculous crap out of that class ever.

Do you know why surgeons wear pale green? Because it's the opposite color of blood and arteries making it easier for the eyes to focus detail. Anything else distracts the eye causing the eye to stray and lose focus.

>_>

/end random color theory jibba jabba.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-13 14:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the reason why some fire trucks are painted that awful yellow-green?

Seraph.Aena
user: Phoenixe
By Seraph.Aena 2009-11-13 14:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought atheism was a belief that there is no deity of any sort (opposite of theism), and only being agnostic meant you do not hold a belief in anything until you have proof - not atheism...

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10