First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 144 145 146
By Siniroth 2022-08-16 16:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hapa said: »
Asura.Seraphical said: »
Asura.Seraphical said: »
Still waiting for a GM to respond. Hoping they can just move my char back to Homepoint. Which I know they can, but will they?

I made a GM call on one of my mules but they got back to me and said I needed to report it via the Support Centre. Unfortunately their operating hours are 8am to 6pm BST therefore they were closed. I sent off an email about it, so who knows when they will get back to me.

Have a link / email to that?

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=455&la=2 then just click on the "Get Support" button under Customer Service. You'll need to fill a few things out before you can submit a ticket.

Got a reply........... I have several issues with it though...

CONDENSING THIS SO IT'S NOT A WALL

1st.. Wrong game... I definitely meet the minimum specs for the game... It is not an issue on my side... Not going to reinstall because 1 of my characters is stuck unable to log in and the others can log in..
That's okay, I had a similar issue a few weeks ago, and they replied three days later after it resolved itself and said if I had internet issues I should wait a few minutes before trying to log back in. I figured that would've been covered in the three days the ticket had been open, but I guess not
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-08-16 16:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
It seems that Old Cases contain any job NQ earring, regardless what job you obtain it on or open it as.

When my group opened our Old Case, 4 of us got nq ??? ear box, and 2 got a +1 box, with a +1 earring inside. Don't know how rare it is, but +1 ears do come from nq Old Case.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2022-08-16 16:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Is that song new? Sounds like something from XIII, in a good way.

Yeah the song is new, they posted it on YouTube same day the patch went out.
YouTube Video Placeholder

I'm not a huge fan of it but I've still been humming the damn thing all day!
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-08-16 17:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't get why people have been so harsh on it. The song is an original piece, so it doesn't have to sound like something we've heard before. And it has a pretty upbeat rhythm. I like it well enough.
[+]
 Asura.Aylaina
By Asura.Aylaina 2022-08-16 17:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I went in, killed mobs for about 40 minutes, and then everything on my end disappeared. I couldn't see my party, any of the mobs, or any of the interactables. I tried logging out to see if relogging would fix it, but now I can't log into my character at all, no matter how long I wait, it just says "Same character logged in", so I'm stuck unable to login now. Hurray new content!
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-08-16 17:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Is that song new? Sounds like something from XIII, in a good way.

Yeah the song is new, they posted it on YouTube same day the patch went out.
YouTube Video Placeholder

I'm not a huge fan of it but I've still been humming the damn thing all day!

I love it! Makes a welcome change to the other tracks we have in FFXI. An upbeat tone to keep you going for the hour.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-08-16 17:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
It seems that Old Cases contain any job NQ earring, regardless what job you obtain it on or open it as.

When my group opened our Old Case, 4 of us got nq ??? ear box, and 2 got a +1 box, with a +1 earring inside. Don't know how rare it is, but +1 ears do come from nq Old Case.

Old case +1 is probably the same, but has +1 as base and chance for +2 and it probably comes from area D and maybe C
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-16 17:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aylaina said: »
I went in, killed mobs for about 40 minutes, and then everything on my end disappeared. I couldn't see my party, any of the mobs, or any of the interactables. I tried logging out to see if relogging would fix it, but now I can't log into my character at all, no matter how long I wait, it just says "Same character logged in", so I'm stuck unable to login now. Hurray new content!

I’m guessing you ignored all the other people reporting this same thing all day?
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Hapa 2022-08-16 17:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Asura.Aylaina said: »

I’m guessing you ignored all the other people reporting this same thing all day?

Clearly they are less important.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-08-16 17:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Bismarck.Danz said: »
SE: we want it as easy as abyssea. if not easier. Meanwhile: well geared people are getting 20k ability's thrown at them from the NMs.

Didn't they say the reason they delayed it was that NMs were doing *** up damage? It may be safe to assume they either failed to fix it or broke it in a new way.

I guess I just have to assume people weren't around when Abyssea was relevant content.

There were lots of mechanics and if you ignore them, you die or the mob becomes unmanageable.

I mean, SE doesn't have the best track record when it comes to bugs so maybe it's a bug, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that there's a mechanic which isn't "Savage Blade the thing" which we're missing. Maybe they messed up the damage on that ability or failed to fix it, but it could just as easily be that you're supposed to have some KI, bring some item from a chest, make a SC and magic burst it, blind it, slow it, cast a nuke from the same element as the current day, use a 1hr, or any number of other mechanics. Maybe you're supposed to stun his spells or other WS, maybe he does this in reaction to being SC'd, or not being SC'd.

Regardless, I think 10 hours after the content is released is a little early to assume that the mob killing you is a result of a bug.

Sure, but HERE'S where you're going to start giving them the benefit of the doubt?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-16 17:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a wide difference between giving SE the benefit of the doubt, and assuming that people are losing because the game is glitched.

Unless it's hidden in one of the streams, I haven't seen anyone reporting 20k WSs in the first place. Sure, 2k WSs, but that's potentially survivable with proper countermeasures.
By kishr 2022-08-16 17:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

can we get real Sortie thread, this been derailed.
By Sockfoot 2022-08-16 17:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

CORs are weak and BLU should be nerfed and removed from most gear.

That should fix it.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-08-16 18:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
There's a wide difference between giving SE the benefit of the doubt, and assuming that people are losing because the game is glitched.

Unless it's hidden in one of the streams, I haven't seen anyone reporting 20k WSs in the first place. Sure, 2k WSs, but that's potentially survivable with proper countermeasures.

https://youtu.be/aEidt_XBFfw?t=408

You can see a 15k and a little later a 32k move from the NM.
By Draylo 2022-08-16 18:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I really don't get why people have been so harsh on it. The song is an original piece, so it doesn't have to sound like something we've heard before. And it has a pretty upbeat rhythm. I like it well enough.

"People"? More like one guy only.

kishr said: »

No it hasnt. People love to run to backseat mod, the info has been coming in from the top of this page.. lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2022-08-16 19:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo, is this normal? I have been in queue 1.5hrs passed my number passing by me lol?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-16 19:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Count your blessings, for you have been spared the disconnection curse.
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-08-16 19:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Yo, is this normal? I have been in queue 1.5hrs passed my number passing by me lol?

Only thing I can think of is that the instance you're assigned to is currently occupied by one of the groups who got bugged out, and as a result it's in limbo.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2022-08-16 19:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Count your blessings, for you have been spared the disconnection curse.

I think it breaks if you remove yourself from queue, and requeue.
By macsdf1 2022-08-16 19:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ran alt there

still no wait
[+]
By Zubis 2022-08-16 19:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

At least the queue is giving me some nice 00s flashbacks.

[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-08-16 19:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Some relevant info regarding Leshonn, I was able to blue proc him by doing darkness skillchain and killed him without having metal temp item. Tearing gust did about 80-200 damage aoe
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2022-08-16 20:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

did a blu cleave. got 5.5k by the end.
30-40k spectral floes 60k with BA on acuex
hecteyes resisted dream flower on second cast as well as sleepga. entomb breakga landed every time.
same thing with umbrils. resisted dark sleeps, took extra damage from earth.
didnt seem like any of the amorphs had vagary type weaknesses.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-08-16 20:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't seen anyone post about this. Got this notification after killing an Ice Elemental with a 27k Leaden Salute. A chest spawned at the same time this message appeared, and it contained the B Shard.

Edit: A bit later we were fighting Ice/Water Elementals, and got two more messages, increasing to 3/7. Two chests spawned, one contained the B Metal. It looked like the other just contained 100 gallmaufirtrty.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-08-16 20:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, though it's missing the missile upgrades and energy tanks.
[+]
By dontclickme 2022-08-16 20:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »

https://youtu.be/aEidt_XBFfw?t=408

You can see a 15k and a little later a 32k move from the NM.

looks like it's a pain sync mechanic
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Server: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2022-08-16 21:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
kishr said: »

No it hasnt. People love to run to backseat mod, the info has been coming in from the top of this page.. lol

To be fair, the last 2-3 pages are people from Asura talking about how long their queue is or how they are bugging out. Some of that is relevant if it's bug-related stuff, but one could argue it belongs in the bug-related forums, but us hearing about the Asura queue times aren't relevant at all to the Sortie event itself while we are looking for actual event information.
[+]
By macsdf1 2022-08-16 21:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

still no wait

you poor guys;;
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-08-16 21:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »

Haven't seen anyone post about this. Got this notification after killing an Ice Elemental with a 27k Leaden Salute. A chest spawned at the same time this message appeared, and it contained the B Shard.

Edit: A bit later we were fighting Ice/Water Elementals, and got two more messages, increasing to 3/7. Two chests spawned, one contained the B Metal. It looked like the other just contained 100 gallmaufirtrty.

Think lots of people are just glancing this over, this looks like an objective system to clear mobs and find all treasures. I've read somewhere people also mentioned some lower NMs like the abject obdella were not up for them unless they cleared all mobs (but I got no verification for that, I fought it and was full clearing that section for what's worth). I got up to 3/7 treasure coffers one being the one you get from opening the #A door. Worth reporting any info here as I've been heavily curating with sortie pages on bgwiki :)
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-08-16 21:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neviskio said: »
Asura.Hya said: »

Think lots of people are just glancing this over, this looks like an objective system to clear mobs and find all treasures. I've read somewhere people also mentioned some lower NMs like the abject obdella were not up for them unless they cleared all mobs (but I got no verification for that, I fought it and was full clearing that section for what's worth). I got up to 3/7 treasure coffers one being the one you get from opening the #A door. Worth reporting any info here as I've been heavily curating with sortie pages on bgwiki :)

I can refute the argument that you have to clear all the mobs on Map 1 to spawn the Obdella Leech. We sent the main group North while the PLD went South to pull to us so we could AoE. PLD eventually lost aggro on the South mobs, so we left them behind and moved on. Leech was in fact up when we approached the NW room, around D-2.

As far as the chests go, one of our chests spawned after killing an Ice Elemental with a 37k Leaden, and the other spawned after a ~10k Aeolian Edge killed three Water Elementals. Those two plus the one I mentioned above are the only chests we encountered that spawned off mobs. We did have one waiting for us containing the A Key at the top of the ramp into the Obdella Leech room.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 144 145 146