users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Gekka vs. Foil
Gekka vs. Foil
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-07-28 15:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from the +30 enmity.... Does Gekka produce any enmity VE or CE from the actual successful cast itself? Wondering if it's similar to foils?

No info on BG-wiki for that. Wondering if worth spamming.

I've been using it to just have another thing to spam, when all other timers are down.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-07-28 15:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything its similar to Crusade not foil and iirc thats not worth spamming.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-07-28 16:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gekka is nothing like foil, not sure what you are saying to compare.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-28 17:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he's asking if anyone has tested how much enmity the act of casting gekka gives, in the hopes it can be used to aid ninja tanking.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-07-28 18:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I think he's asking if anyone has tested how much enmity the act of casting gekka gives, in the hopes it can be used to aid ninja tanking.
yup this.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-07-28 18:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, if Crusade(the enhancing magic equivalent of Gekka) is anything to go off of, then probably basically nothing, CE/VE wise.

For that matter, I think most buff ninjutsu are like 1CE now? Tonko: Ichi is currently listed as 1CE 0VE on BG wiki. <,<

I'm not likely to test Gekka personally though. Don't have nin.

I think might re-test crusade though, but I'm pretty sure it's 0 CE like most enhancing spells now
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-07-28 19:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
yup this.

Utsusemi under Yonin is the best trio of spells NIN can use for hate, since it serves double duty defensively
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-29 09:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think it's totally fair to assume the spells give 0 if nobody's ever tested them. Though, it is the most likely scenario.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-07-29 10:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think it's totally fair to assume the spells give 0 if nobody's ever tested them. Though, it is the most likely scenario.
Sure. And I'm not saying don't test them. I'm just saying it is unlikely that they do have any significant enmity values based on precedent set by similar spells.

And that I'm not going to be doing any testing for NIN stuff, so someone else better get to it! XD
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-07-29 11:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
If anything its similar to Crusade not foil and iirc thats not worth spamming.
its exactly that
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-07-29 17:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks for the replies all, appreciated.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-07-29 17:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

really curios about this mainly, just for more info, do not ask me to test this, i would not be reliable at those sorts of things.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [133 days between previous and next post]
By gojito 2022-12-09 17:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

From anecdotal evidence, I can't recall a time I've pulled hate from casting/recasting Gekka.

Gekka is a pretty slow cast too in order to consider worth including in the rotation when there are so many Ni spells are at your disposal and on low cooldowns to be able to spam them.

All that said, I'm still interested in knowing if it does generate enmity when casted. But I'm leaning toward it probably being similar to Crusade as stated by others.
[+]
By Torzak 2022-12-09 19:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

@gojito

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/42839-%E2%80%9CFreshly-Picked-Vana%E2%80%99diel-8%E2%80%9D-Digest?p=512615&viewfull=1#post512615
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-12-09 22:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I may be missing something in the patch notes but I don't think it answers the question. He's not asking how much enmity you get for having the buff, he's asking how much enmity you get for the act of casting the spell.
[+]
By pengwin 2023-01-02 15:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

i will be honest i almost always have it on but from casting it i notice no effects i always precast in before fighting so it never has been something i worry about after i have it up for the start i almost never recast cause i can have enough hate to not need to and can hate manage with shadow casts
[+]