Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » BLU spell learning question
BLU spell learning question
By koyote 2022-07-08 08:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Has someone been able to learn blu spells with UNM foes, like for example Gates of Hades with Sarama ?
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2022-07-08 08:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't have it when we spammed sarama and didn't get it. Orthrus was how I got it.
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2022-07-08 09:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not 100% certain, but to my knowledge you can't learn them from UNM or VW.
 Asura.Lordtrey
user: Lordtrey
By Asura.Lordtrey 2022-07-08 20:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You can mpt learn it in Walk of Echoes, so I am thinking another battle system like VW may not work, but a UNM seems like it should. You can learn them by popping them in abyssea.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [168 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-23 18:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for bumping an old post, but its relevant to the topic:

Can blu learn spells in Ambuscade? Figure I'd try to nab Thrashing Assault in Ambuscade instead of dealing with stupid Burrows, but I'm 0/6 on 3 diff characters and starting to think it cant be learned there.
By Nariont 2022-12-23 18:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this was ever disproven or not but iirc the mob has to be capable of giving experience directly. Just to be sure though I'm assuming capped skill, probably threw the gloves on just incase?
By Hopalong 2022-12-23 19:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki says doesnt need experience and level difference doesnt matter. That being said, I bet you cant learn spells from Ambuscade, would be cool if someone can say otherwise. Ambuscade isnt the best environment for learning blu spells either. Id go meeble burrows. I dont remember how I got Thrashing, but I did, and it couldnt have been too hard if I did it lol.

In fact, Meeble burrows is really awesome content. Clearly its not relevant anymore, but its almost relevant and pretty fun progress system.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-12-23 19:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
I'm not sure if this was ever disproven or not but iirc the mob has to be capable of giving experience directly. Just to be sure though I'm assuming capped skill, probably threw the gloves on just incase?
Back in the day I was learning spells in Besieged. I'm not sure if that was patched out or not, but that's how I learned most of my Aht Urhgan beastmen moves back in '06/'07.
By Nariont 2022-12-23 19:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Back in the day I was learning spells in Besieged. I'm not sure if that was patched out or not, but that's how I learned most of my Aht Urhgan beastmen moves back in '06/'07.

Fair point, i just recall having no luck with content like UNM/VWNMs, and ambu, and none of those give you exp or a drop pool on kill, which I always took as the determinant for what could give a spell, but thinking about it old BCNMs and such worked too, HTBs work, may just be a box SE decides not to check on mobs.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-23 19:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambu mobs give xp though
By Hopalong 2022-12-23 19:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres a video guide by cloudchief on youtube for learning thrashing through meeble burrows.

Its a box they check for sure Nariont, I was just reading about that possibility. Makes sense because they script the ws, and have to remember to script in a learning mechanic each time for blu. Really the devs just need to communicate better but you know.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-12-23 20:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Fair point, i just recall having no luck with content like UNM/VWNMs, and ambu, and none of those give you exp or a drop pool on kill, which I always took as the determinant for what could give a spell, but thinking about it old BCNMs and such worked too, HTBs work, may just be a box SE decides not to check on mobs.
I think you're right. I don't think there's any mechanical consistency, it's just whatever the developers remembered to say yes or no to when developing it.
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2022-12-24 03:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Clearly its not relevant anymore
Think it still have the best FC neck, or?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-24 14:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Theres a video guide by cloudchief on youtube for learning thrashing through meeble burrows.

Its a box they check for sure Nariont, I was just reading about that possibility. Makes sense because they script the ws, and have to remember to script in a learning mechanic each time for blu. Really the devs just need to communicate better but you know.
I know how to do Meeble Burrows, I would rather not waste time on the shitty event with no reward if its not necessary. Unfortunately, its looking like spells can't be learned in Ambuscade.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-24 14:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There are meebles you can learn it from in the very first section. And your character is 12+ years old how have you not done meebles anyway.

Take you less time to enter Adjunct Expedition 1 (Batallia) than it does to enter ambuscade. And 12 meebles to kill faster than finishing one ambuscade.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-12-24 16:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people never did meebles back in the day. Myself and 2 others out of a group of 40+ back then were the only ones that really ever touched meebles, endgame LS at the time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-24 18:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
I wish I had a way to look thru logs fast. I guess I could search for the word learned.
open cmd prompt, go to windower logs directory
findstr /C:"charname learns" /i charname*.log

Also I musta skipped that first batallia zone, I remember Meebles being in like the 3rd fight of 3rd tier in Sauro.

Post deleted by User.