Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Weird cumulative lag [Steam Deck]
Weird cumulative lag [Steam Deck]
By Aliekber 2022-05-30 10:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm playing on Steam Deck via Lutris, and have been seeing a weird problem: my game becomes increasingly laggy when I do Ambuscade. I don't become more laggy during the event itself, it's more that I start out with negligible lag, but each time I leave the Ambuscade event, my base level of lag is increased, and persists until I restart the game. So after 3-4 runs, there's a gap of at least 1 second between when I input a command and when it actually fires. This is making it really annoying to do consecutive Ambuscades, and basically impossible to win more than 4 runs in a row.

I also see some small frame stuttering about once per second, but I can live with that, it's just this lag issue that's driving me crazy. Has anyone else seen this, and if so, do you have a fix?
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-05-30 15:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you running autohotkey?
Is the input lag in a specific spot? such as moving through menus or the whole game is running behind?
By Aliekber 2022-05-30 16:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, I've been playtesting a Python script I wrote to replace AHK for Steam Deck users, but the issue persists regardless of whether or not it's running.

And yes, as far as I can tell the whole game is lagging behind.