Is RUN Only PDL Piece Shinryu Ammo?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Is RUN only PDL piece Shinryu Ammo?
Is RUN only PDL piece Shinryu Ammo?
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-07 15:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

And it's call Physical Damage Cap just to further set the idea that this job was completely left off the train.

I was dusting my RUN off and realized that my Reso set looked really old and apparently it's up to date. I was thinking that with some PDL and decent buffers that I could look good but realized that there was none to be had in gear.

I'm assuming I really should only care about Dimi in Nyame.
By Nariont 2022-05-07 16:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

if you want to be technical there's "plenty" of pdl on path A but.. so yeah dimi in path B is typically the way to go right now
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-07 19:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Path A hadn't even crossed my mind. I doubt I could make that sacrifice for one of my less used jobs.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-07 19:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sroda Ring
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-07 19:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That totally counts and definitely addresses what I was thinking. I already wanted it, more reason to want it.

Thank you
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-07 19:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That being said, even with R15 Lionheart, Resolution is only RUN's best option when you're fully capped on attack, which usually only happens when using a GEO on non-nerfed content due to its low attack. Otherwise, Dimi with Nyame B outperforms it due to the large attack difference (Reso's -15% vs Dimi's +25%).
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-07 20:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Path A hadn't even crossed my mind. I doubt I could make that sacrifice for one of my less used jobs.

I'll say this much- nothing prevents you from doing only 1 or 2 pieces, and Path A does some really great things for an Epeo Hybrid TP set. I used to have both feet/hands Path A, while head/body/legs Path B, and really enjoyed them. I have swapped my Nyame feet over to Path B, but as someone who likes mythics/ergons and their playstyle, I've kept the Nyame Hands and for my non-malignance jobs they're great for TP phase.

My bigger question is that which Geriond raises above- how often is RUN really at attack cap to take advantage of +PDL gear/traits? Add to this that if you like going /DRK for tanking purposes, when doing that at ML30 you're getting 3 tiers of Damage Limit+ trait from the subjob...and that alone is worth examining in my book regarding actual needs vs usable benefits.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-05-07 20:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not likely to happen in my mind unless this is non-nerfed ambu or omen like said where you can get full potency GEO debuffs going, always viewed reso in the same light as drakes and run doesnt get an innate wyvern atk boost + smite tiers, and even with those drg can struggle to overcome the atk penalty much less make use of additional pdl ontop
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-08 04:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely hear what both of you are saying. I have both Lionheart and Epeo. It's very clear what the Epeo is for and good at, as someone who really isn't enjoying mastery levels I was looking for 'the more offensive option'. Even with /DRK and good Chaos Roll, it's not putting out the kinds of numbers I'd like. Unfortunately RUN doesn't come with defense down options without a weapon swap for trash.