Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Humble DNC posting some sets post odyssey
Humble DNC posting some sets post odyssey
First Page 2
By Shuko 2022-01-25 10:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I'm really not used to formatting this all nice like all these great job guides out there, but I'm gonna share some of the sets I use with my DNC, my linkshell members have asked as its a rarely played job.

*This is just my opinion, please take it with a grain of salt*

Merits are in: 5/5 haste samba, 5/5 reverse flourish. 1 saber dance, 1 fan dance, 3 no foot rise, 5 closed position (side note have 5 in crit hit rate / SirD in other cat)

(Several edits after constructive points, I personally don't own the malig headpiece I'd note many hundreds of tries)

--------------------------------------------------------------
ItemSet 383395
Use this set a ton lately with how hard stuff hits lately, and with all the magic and AOE flying around, +Edit with Reisen T2 belt, I love subtle blow. Cape augs are pdt 10, acc/atk, dex, dex, and double atk

ItemSet 383397
Full out dps, I only use this if I'm not in danger of damage, and timer is larger enemy then death - can also use herc feet with some TA/QA aug? especially if attacking from the back, the shoes would lose their bonus then Cape augs are pdt 10, acc/atk, dex, dex, and double atk

ItemSet 383398
Good set for Evis, or any time your shooting for a crit ws. Cape augs are pdt 10, acc/atk, dex, dex, and crit hit rate

ItemSet 383399
If I got a dollar each time someone died while using their weaponskill I'd be rich, in high danger hybrid WS sets help. Cape augs are pdt 10, acc/atk, dex, dex, and WS DMG

ItemSet 383400
This is how dancers hit cap damage with rudra storm, gotta use it with climactic flourish, and you are in serious danger if your in this set for too long - my herc aug has wsd and crit dmg+ but the crit dmg + is more important, CHR a bonus Cape augs are pdt 10, acc/atk, dex, dex, and WS DMG

ItemSet 383401
More regular Rudra storm and other dex based WS's Cape augs are pdt 10, acc/atk, dex, dex, and WS DMG *Note, Grunfeld rope is also good, but 1% procs of free WS from fotia doesn't sound like its often? but oh man does it proc often, esp with both pieces? but even with just 1 like this set

ItemSet 383402
Aeo Edge, and other magical uses Cape augs are pdt 10, macc/mdmg, int, int, and MAB *Edit - Been noted the Osash is a great belt, I'm inclined to agree, testing other pieces, don't own osash (yet)

ItemSet 383403
MACC setup, mostly for V.Flr stun +edit suggestion taken for malig having higher macc then nyame, I use the aeo edge cape, but you could gear one stronger

ItemSet 383404
Waltz set, the old sets put me into too much danger without iLv. Cape with CHR CHR waltz + pdt eva/meva

ItemSet 383405
Sometimes you gotta hit stuff with blunt damage, this is great for /mnk and counterstance, if your gaol gear is cap, this is cap counter with counterstance up +Edit on gear haste taken Cape augs are counter, acc/atk, dex, dex, and double atk

ItemSet 383406
Universal light armor enmity set, works with many jobs

ItemSet 383407
Light armor fast cast set, mostly for shadows, fast cast on ambu cape

ItemSet 383408
Holy water set, like 80+ percent effective

ItemSet 383409
Treasure hunter set for TH4, need oseem for the last th though

ItemSet 383410
AGI based ws like Exenterator Cape augs are pdt 10, acc/atk, agi, agi, and WS DMG

---------------------------------------

All Nyame Gear is on path B, but path A also would be good. Personaly I lean towards the set as a universal job ws dmg set with protection.

Moonshade earring has TP bonus

Adhemar is all on path A for melee

----------------------------------------------------

I hope that helps people, there are def more complete guides out there for DNC? but I wanted to throw some updated gear suggestions out there for my shell members and others

Thanks for reading!
[+]
 Asura.Brobert
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: arkma
By Asura.Brobert 2022-01-25 11:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebody is bound to ask, so it might as well be me: what RP levels are your Oddy pieces at the moment?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-01-25 12:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Nyame head Path A?

Also I would use Malignance Tabard over Ashera

Edit: Should add Path for Nyame etc. Some stuff it a weird choose depending on what path you did.
[+]
By Shuko 2022-01-25 17:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly not R25 yet, but workin on it! I can load my own vengeance bumba's, but lead many shellmates into clears for their first set

-Lilith has been real greedy with me on the body/head for 600+ runs so I use nyame/ashera, even if I had the body I may keep ashera for its para resist.

All Nyame is path B, for wsd.

Not claiming to be completely BiS all? Not every server expects perfection to CP/EP or do basic grouping. But this is what I run, and I've pretty much done the entire game and then some in these sets since gaol A3/4 came out
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-01-25 18:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shuko said: »
Not claiming to be completely BiS all?
No one is claiming you or aren't. But that information you just shared is very important and worth noting for someone that may look at your sets.

Edit: Also What is that h2h set for?
Also Malignance has higher MACC then Nyame unless you did Path A
[+]
By Shuko 2022-01-25 18:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Edit: Also What is that h2h set for?
Also Malignance has higher MACC then Nyame unless you did Path A

H2H would be used mostly against undead NM hunting, Dverger in Rei comes to mind, and Sheol blunt weak mobs in seg farms. But its a very rarely used set and /mnk mainly when I know I'm going against blunt weak so I can get tornado kick to combine with C.Flr

Good point on MACC
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-01-25 18:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The set is not capping haste FYI.
[+]
By Shuko 2022-01-25 19:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
The set is not capping haste FYI.

Sailfi belt HQ swap would fix that problem, with a tiny bit defensive loss, I tend to use this set with counterstance to cap to 80 counter, so when I built it I was thinking survival, will try it with gear haste cap
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-25 21:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you have Reiki Yotai in your hybrid set? Dancer gets dual wield 5 with gifts upgrade. That's way overkill once you have 550 job points. Sailfi +1 or kentarch +1 are both better alternatives.
[+]
By Shuko 2022-01-25 22:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually when I resort to this set, its in situations that are dire, and haste has stopped being cast on me by allaince, the extra DW helps keep my attack rate up, but you are correct

I do rotate them from time to time depending on the fight also fond of the belt from the t2 reisen NM for its sub blow
By SimonSes 2022-01-26 03:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Like other people noticed, most of this gear lacks proper description and scenario context. Also attack capped and uncapped WS sets are totally different those days.
By Shuko 2022-01-26 07:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ok got it, I'll share my gearsets elsewhere, yikes... I just wanted a useful format to share this stuff with my shell, I was not trying to re write the dancer guide

*edit: silly me for thinking this forum was about talking about dnc gear, musta missed the rules about writing context perfectly? and even if I did? I said sorry for my poor formatting. Yet you wanted to take a moment out of your day to come and tell me my work was irrelevent cause you can't plug it into some gearswap easily.

its crap like that that makes people like me who try to help, not wanna do ***, cause it helps peeps like you. At least everyone else had something constructive to say

**edit: the comment seems to have been deleted or edited that sparked this comment, but I'm gonna leave my anger/hurt up cause, yeah it happened XD
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-01-26 07:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ok got it, I'll share my gearsets elsewhere, yikes... I just wanted a useful format to share this stuff with my shell, I was not trying to re write the dancer guide

None said you did something wrong, you just haven't provided enough details and description. People provided constructive criticism, which you should be happy about, if you really are a humble person and thread's title wasn't ironic.

Also it's not your shell's private forum, so I hope you wasn't expecting that other people will just ignore it or something. If you only wanted to share sets with your shell, then probably much better idea was to make sets on ffxiah and make that post on some discord channel.

*edit: silly me for thinking this forum was about talking about dnc gear, musta missed the rules about writing context to everything

EDIT: Now you are just trolling. How is asking for details and context not a "talking about dnc gear"? Most gear sets in this game are situational and without context they don't have much sense. Like you overcap Dual Wield in one set and without a context that's a set when you lack haste, it doesn't make sense.

At least everyone else had something constructive to say

This is not constructive?
SimonSes said: »
Also attack capped and uncapped WS sets are totally different those days.

I see there is no point in talking to you at all. You just play a victim for no reason. Do as you like.
[+]
By Shuko 2022-01-26 07:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

None said you did something wrong, you just haven't provided enough details and description. People provided constructive criticism, which you should be happy about, if you really are a humble person and thread's title wasn't ironic.

Also it's not your shell's private forum, so I hope you wasn't expecting that other people will just ignore it or something. If you only wanted to share sets with your shell, then probably much better idea was to make sets on ffxiah and make that post on some discord channel.

*edit: silly me for thinking this forum was about talking about dnc gear, musta missed the rules about writing context to everything

EDIT: Now you are just trolling. How is asking for details and context not a "talking about dnc gear"? Most gear sets in this game are situational and without context they don't have much sense. Like you overcap Dual Wield in one set and without a context that's a set when you lack haste, it doesn't make sense.

I don't mind questions or critique, just felt like you called all my work useless
By SimonSes 2022-01-26 07:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind questions or critique, just felt like you called all my work useless

No, I called it unfinished. I'm done now. Do whatever you want.
[+]
By Shuko 2022-01-26 07:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I called it unfinished. I'm done now. Do whatever you want.

Then we are in agreement, I just recently learned how to use esets on this site like 2 days ago since people where asking me forever to put sets up. I mostly just lurked since 2006 and checked AH prices. but I'm trying, and I plan to update it further
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-01-26 13:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You did fine, trust me after having done the same, you will always have the same 10-20 ffxiah trolls offer "critiques", which in themselves are not very helpful. Really you just get use to them trolling, the 99% who don't respond are quite appreciative of your work so just keep that in mind.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-26 13:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody was trolling. I don't see how suggesting putting some context into the post about which augment you're using is trolling. Getting your feelings hurt by something like that doesn't mean someone is trolling.
[+]
By Shuko 2022-01-26 15:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Nobody was trolling. I don't see how suggesting putting some context into the post about which augment you're using is trolling. Getting your feelings hurt by something like that doesn't mean someone is trolling.

Yup, got my feelings hurt, not sure if it was a troll either, but def made me not wanna continue for a bit there

Asura.Azagarth said: »
You did fine, trust me after having done the same, you will always have the same 10-20 ffxiah trolls offer "critiques", which in themselves are not very helpful. Really you just get use to them trolling, the 99% who don't respond are quite appreciative of your work so just keep that in mind.

thanks for the encouragement
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-26 15:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

your sets suck
[+]
By Shuko 2022-01-26 15:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

your sets suck

Heh, now the constructive feedback is pourin in :D
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-01-26 15:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »

- asking why tp set is not capping haste
- asking why tp set is overcapping DW
- asking about augments
- asking about context for h2h set, which looks like a mix of WS set with counter set
- saying that one universal WS set is a little outdated approach and you should probably do a version for capped attack and not capping attack

Where exactly you see trolling here? People took it seriously, asked valid questions, provided on topic feedback. The one who is trolling here is you.
[+]
By luckycharms1877 2022-01-26 17:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shuko I can see what you were aiming to do. Unfortunately it was poorly executed. Which is tough considering you were actually trying to be helpful to some new members of your community. I would advise in order to keep the "Forum Warriors" at bay. It's probably best that you really evaluate your sets and add full context before posting anything involving a job. Take this as a rule of thumb. A lot of your sets are very questionable, but man did you put yourself in a hot seat. If you need any help please feel free to PM. I am more than willing to help you revise your builds.

Azagarth They are not trolling with the questions that are being ask because they are very valid questions. I don't always agree with everything SimonSes says but, He was on point with this one. Ill give you a A for effort though.

Ok back to my bubble I go.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-01-26 17:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody was trolling.
Is it wrong that I am assuming the troll post were removed by a mod?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-01-26 17:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for being helpful Shuko. I know what it's like, you put time in to something and it's not appreciated as you hoped, but we learn from this. I'm sure your sets will help people, because as you said, there's not many playing Dancer.

I don't think anyone was trolling, but yeah, it can come across as overly critical and rude. Not that I'm saying anyone was, but it's easy to come across like that in a forum. What I would do, is accept the feedback and revise these sets. Add some explanations. Not only will others appreciate the continued effort, but you learn along the way.

As a contributor in the DRK forum, I've always tried to keep an open mind and know that some will be blunt if they think you're wrong. I hope you continue trying to refine these, for the good of dancers everywhere.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-26 17:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew this thread was going to go this way. It always does. Just keep your sets to yourself next time to preserve your sanity. Or do what I do, put a disclaimer in your sets and make sure you mention that you don't spreadsheet/math anything and it's what YOU PERSONALLY use, may not be bis. Etc. (A little correction here and there is not a bad thing, though)
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-26 17:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread didn't go great, but it's understandable the reaction to those sets. People who go on the forums to pick their gear are looking for the best option, because this is a game where the best is available to most serious endgame players. Your sets are certainly good enough to do any content, but the idea that people should use the same mismatched gear you've picked up isn't necessarily helpful to anyone.

It's a shame that you got your feelings hurt, and a shame that it couldn't have been stated in a friendlier manner, especially since it seems this job is lacking an actual guide or list of optimal sets. Reality of the situation is that none of the sets you posted are best-in-slot, there are valid reasons that every correction was made, and the thread is more informative with the comments than without. But, maybe a more productive use of time for the people criticizing would have been to spreadsheet the actual best sets and put together a basic guide. Then, they could point to that and say 'actually, these are the best sets' rather than just saying no to yours.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-01-26 18:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I'm really not used to formatting this all nice like all these great job guides out there, but I'm gonna share some of the sets I use with my DNC, my linkshell members have asked as its a rarely played job

This was the first line he stated, at no point even remotely is there a way to assume he was listing BEST IN SLOTT. He literally states he is posting HIS sets for HIS linkshell. Thus, any comment after his post directing at him being a gimp/messing up w/e is a direct trolling.

From the above trolls, anyone who did not directly state X set should use X gear to be Bis is trolling, its very simple. It will help no player out there to be told these sets are not good if there is no solution that "is good" posted by the critic.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-01-26 18:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

People weren't being rude by noting stuff like excess DW, uncapped haste, paying attention to capped/uncapped atk WS sets. Pretty constructive criticism, TBH - and can help the OP as well as their friends build on that start and improve it (with gear that's just as easily obtained as the stuff this person has). Also helps other DNCs who might be gearing up and not understanding the context.

If the point was just to share your current sets with friends and you're seeking no input from the community, just build a set on ffxiah and share the direct link. When you post it in the public forum, you're obviously going to get more questions/comments.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-01-26 18:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

stop using that word wrong. literally nobody was trolling. they pointed out a set wasn't capped on haste, asked about the DW belt when DNC typically doesn't need it, and pointed out that noting which augments were on the gear would be helpful to all.

but if you want "trolling" then the exenterator set has some dumb choices. both earrings are useless, but put on almost anything else they have and do better. also using two wsd pieces in the hands and legs for a fairly hit multi hit ws. ambuscade +2 legs would be better.

fotia is also pretty useless in the rudra's set and a grunfeld belt is easily obtained.

the evisceration set is excessive on the crit. and if you're concerned about dying during ws enough to make a hybrid ws set, lose the begrudgining. heteroi is also fairly weak for ws. ilabrat/regal/epona's would all be better.

nobody brought up the term "BIS" besides them and you. but some of their choices don't make any sense for someone that has been reading forum since 2006.
[+]
First Page 2