Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Best way to solo farm for RP
Best way to solo farm for RP
By Lederic 2022-01-14 10:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all, assuming you are able to pop v15s, what would be the best method of farming RP for T3 and T4?

I noted somewhere an amplifier and time out method, but not sure I understand that completely. Hopefully someone can explain this to me. Thank you!
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-01-14 10:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Deal ~6% of the Mobs total HP in damage to it and time out.

ex. Kalunga starts at 100% HP, you deal enough to bring it down to 94% HP and you time out, you get RP for that.

Can do 3 in a row that way to get a charged bonus for the next time you enter. Repeat until everything is R20
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-14 11:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Should also point out that the bosses will kill you well before you "time out" from the battlefield's 15 minutes, meaning that you need to reraise after the monster returns to his starting position (or out of aggro range), since the battlefield will kick you out after 3 minutes of death and you would get any RP because you didn't "time out". Probably obvious comment, but I actually know of people who didn't realize this and effectively wasted 3k segments on Bumba because they overlooked this small thing.
By llAKs0nll 2022-01-14 11:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

How much RP is it possible to obtain via such tactics?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-14 11:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use a moogle amplifier on every fight, it will give 3,136 on the first, and 784 on the second and third(at V15). As long as you never fail to deal 5% damage, that's a minimum of 4704 RP for a total of 13500 segments. In reality, you get a little more for the 5%, and even more if you can do more damage than that. You can repeat the same nm for all 3 fights as well.
By Lederic 2022-01-14 11:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
If you use a moogle amplifier on every fight, it will give 3,136 on the first, and 784 on the second and third(at V15). As long as you never fail to deal 5% damage, that's a minimum of 4704 RP for a total of 13500 segments. In reality, you get a little more for the 5%, and even more if you can do more damage than that. You can repeat the same nm for all 3 fights as well.

Still have trouble understanding the mechanics of this. If I use a amp each fight why would the first fight give the most RP of 3,136? Don't you need to fight three to get a charged amp?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-14 11:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you've done all 3, the next run the charged amp gets used on the first fight. As long as you don't ever mess it up, you can have a rolling charged amp for the first fight indefinitely.

You're correct that your absolute first run ever, it won't have a bonus.
By Lederic 2022-01-14 11:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you've done all 3, the next run the charged amp gets used on the first fight. As long as you don't ever mess it up, you can have a rolling charged amp for the first fight indefinitely.

You're correct that your absolute first run ever, it won't have a bonus.

Thank you for explaining that. Another question, if I used the charged amp to fight v15 and then fight 2 different other v15, will i still retain my charged amp for the first fight in the next round of three?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-14 11:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lederic said: »
Thank you for explaining that. Another question, if I used the charged amp to fight v15 and then fight 2 different other v15, will i still retain my charged amp for the first fight in the next round of three?

Yes. It doesn't matter which NM you fight for each of the 3 NMs, as long as you successfully knock at least 5% off of each your amp will be charged for the first fight of the next run. Note that if any are below v15, your amp's charge bonus goes down(possibly to the lowest, some speculation in omen thread).

Pretty sure you need to take it to 94 not 95 due to rounding down, as well. Also, if fighting the same NM multiple times, it will regain HP to the nearest 5% interval and you'll need to damage it again from there. So, if you enter and it's at 95, you need to reach 89 not 94.
By Lederic 2022-01-14 12:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lederic said: »

Yes. It doesn't matter which NM you fight for each of the 3 NMs, as long as you successfully knock at least 5% off of each your amp will be charged for the first fight of the next run. Note that if any are below v15, your amp's charge bonus goes down(possibly to the lowest, some speculation in omen thread).

Pretty sure you need to take it to 94 not 95 due to rounding down, as well. Also, if fighting the same NM multiple times, it will regain HP to the nearest 5% interval and you'll need to damage it again from there. So, if you enter and it's at 95, you need to reach 89 not 94.

That makes sense. Also is there a job and strat that works well overall for taking bosses down 6%?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-14 12:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Job varies per boss, but you can't repeat the same job for 3 NMs, so you'd have to rotate. FWIW, you can just use 3 Savage Blade jobs for something like Bumba, and call the proper trusts to hold it. Though, Bumba might not work because it will aura and then on next boss it will have aura again.

Can cheese BST ooze strat for one of the bosses, provided you can land it. MNK might be good for a repeat since it can inhibit TP for a while. NIN same boat.

I should probably mention that Trusts are fine for solo RP, but higher Moogle Mastery makes this strategy much easier. Valaneiral with MM45, for example, cannot be killed by Bumba at all completely solo, until he uses aura (or unless he gets off silence), which allows you to save trusts for later fights. Since you can't call the same trusts twice, it's something to keep in mind.

If chaining T3/4 is too hard, you can just do a T3/4, and do 2 T1s. They are very easy to handle the 6%, and charges your amp for your next cycle of T3/4
By Lederic 2022-01-14 13:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Job varies per boss, but you can't repeat the same job for 3 NMs, so you'd have to rotate. FWIW, you can just use 3 Savage Blade jobs for something like Bumba, and call the proper trusts to hold it. Though, Bumba might not work because it will aura and then on next boss it will have aura again.

Can cheese BST ooze strat for one of the bosses, provided you can land it. MNK might be good for a repeat since it can inhibit TP for a while. NIN same boat.

I should probably mention that Trusts are fine for solo RP, but higher Moogle Mastery makes this strategy much easier. Valaneiral with MM45, for example, cannot be killed by Bumba at all completely solo, until he uses aura (or unless he gets off silence), which allows you to save trusts for later fights. Since you can't call the same trusts twice, it's something to keep in mind.

If chaining T3/4 is too hard, you can just do a T3/4, and do 2 T1s. They are very easy to handle the 6%, and charges your amp for your next cycle of T3/4

Ok. So you have to do 3 NMs in a row? You can't do 1 and exit then do another 1 and exit etc? That way you can use the same jobs?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-14 13:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No, to charge amplifier as Thorny described, you have to do 3 consecutive NMs in one visit to Gaol. Then on your next visit to Goal, your next amplifier you use will be boosted, and you can use it on any one NM you want, then the effect wears off. If you choose to exit every NM, you won't get boosted amp status, but you still get good RP for dealing 6% if you use amplifier. So you can do it that way if you don't want to deal with changing jobs and boosting amps.

You can repeat the chaining process every visit so that you never lose amplifier bonus, but you are subject to the job and trust selection limitation.
By soralin 2022-01-14 13:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This really hammers home the desire to get around to unlocking Monberaux and Ygnas doesn't it, so you can take Yoran Oran unity and have 3 distinct "S Rank" healer trusts to use.

For support trusts we of course have Koru-Moru, King of Hearts, what would folks consider the best third "support" trust for things like Haste 2, etc?

Arciela?

Then probably use Ulmia, Qultada, and Joachim (in descending juice levels) for the hardest to least hard fights, I suppose?

Which leaves 2 party slots open for whatever else you need.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-14 13:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Arcy would be the perfect RDM for most situations for me if she could cast Dia. That said her AoE heal can come in clutch and she won't run out of MP in 30 seconds like KoH.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-14 13:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
This really hammers home the desire to get around to unlocking Monberaux and Ygnas doesn't it, so you can take Yoran Oran unity and have 3 distinct "S Rank" healer trusts to use.

For support trusts we of course have Koru-Moru, King of Hearts, what would folks consider the best third "support" trust for things like Haste 2, etc?

Arciela?

Then probably use Ulmia, Qultada, and Joachim (in descending juice levels) for the hardest to least hard fights, I suppose?

Which leaves 2 party slots open for whatever else you need.

I still havent unlocked Ygnas despite having R7 Mog stuff. But I have Monbro. Honestly, you don't "need" Ygnas. As I stated above, Valaneiral is pretty OP when buffed with MM and he doubles as your close range healer. Should be good enough for 6% damage. I am sure AAEV is even better of a tank and she offers comparable healing support to non-UC/Ygnas healer. Call KoH for Phalanx II and that's really all you need for trusts.

There's a few other trusts you can use for heals if you want, none of them are really great though. Selt'eus, Cherukiki, Uka Tothlin (she gets bogged down and can't keep up with a lot of AOE), Nashmeira II (she stupidly stands in range, spams highest tier cure, gets interrupted fast and dies fast). Rest of the NQ healers are pretty bad. Monberaux is cool, but he is also single target heals, so he can't keep up with T3 aoe damage either.

Personally, I would just call 2-3 trusts and just have them focus on only curing a few people, instead of calling 5 and then their single-tasked AI gets overloaded and performs the wrong action.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-14 13:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't use unity trusts in Gaol, though.
By soralin 2022-01-14 13:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

Ah! Good to know.

In that case I believe Cherukiki is next best, and as mentioned, Selht'eus or however you spell it for AoE stuff.

I personally play primarily tank jobs so, I am mostly focused on the supports and heals, so I dont necessarily need a tank tbh.

Mostly just a support to boost my DPS (especially ability to solo SC) is what really matters usually.

I would probably bring Ayame to one of the fights, her opening solo SCs for me is quite the boon and can dramatically bump dps up quickly.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-01-14 14:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

Ah! Good to know.

In that case I believe Cherukiki is next best, and as mentioned, Selht'eus or however you spell it for AoE stuff.

I personally play primarily tank jobs so, I am mostly focused on the supports and heals, so I dont necessarily need a tank tbh.

Mostly just a support to boost my DPS (especially ability to solo SC) is what really matters usually.

I would probably bring Ayame to one of the fights, her opening solo SCs for me is quite the boon and can dramatically bump dps up quickly.

SC damage on most A3 mobs is almost non-existent (40k ws will get you maybe 1-2k SC damage) and on Bumba you generally don't want to SC cause he changes what element he absorbs frequently. More he heals, faster he goes ballistic. Savage blade spam is generally a solid option for anything not slashing resistant and then change up damage type for the rest.

**edit** also adds another person trusts need to try and keep alive
By soralin 2022-01-14 14:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
SC damage on most A3 mobs is almost non-existent (40k ws will get you maybe 1-2k SC damage)

TIL

For the record I left just as Gaol was new so I havent tried out some of the new fights yet.

I do find it interesting that SE turfed SC stuff, I thought that was a huge focus on the game. Oh well.

Anywho, yeah spamming savage blade sounds fine enough.