Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Meeble Burrows Questions
Meeble Burrows Questions
By Fribbit 2021-09-23 10:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've decided to try farming Meeble Burrows for Pulse weapons because if I see one more VW NM for as long as I play this game it will be too soon and I don't have the ability to farm T3 Escha NMs as I am not geared enough for it. Just had a couple questions after doing two bosses last night and(predictably) not getting a Pulse weapon:

1. Does TH effect the drop rate of items from the boss mobs? I don't see why it wouldn't, and I assume it does since the boons you get from the expeditions include TH bonuses, but I just wanted to be sure. If so, then I will continue with THF, but if not, my NIN is better geared and kills faster so I will go with that.

2. Are the TH boons and/or "Bonus to Spoils" boon worth it to get and do they stack with player TH? My THF has TH8 or 9 and I'm wondering if the boons stack with it or if I'm wasting my time.

3. Is it better to just rush to a boss expedition as quickly as possible or is getting the TH and "Bonus to Spoils" boons worth it? The two boss runs I did last night I went from 1-4 in Associate Researcher, then did Researcher 4 for the "Bonus to Spoils" boon, then did Associate Researcher 5 boss and repeated. I did some searching online, but couldn't really find a good explanation of how "Bonus to Spoils" even works, so I don't know if it will even help me potentially get a Pulse drop.

4. Finally, is there a boss or expedition line that's easier/faster to do than the others? I found Associate Researcher pretty quick with the added bonus of stopping off to get the "Bonus to Spoils" boon, but again, if it isn't worth it I would rather just go for speed.

Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-09-23 10:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't worry about bonuses. If you want a pulse from meebles I would just clear to the boss the first time, and then keep rebuying KIs and repeating

Though I wouldn't recommend trying to get a pulse from meebles. Even though I have gotten one and it was only like 2 kills, I'm sure it was just luck and not really a good drop rate
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-09-23 10:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It took me ~60 runs to farm a Tenkomaru a few years ago. This was on THF w/ TH8+ each kill.
[+]
By Fribbit 2021-09-23 11:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I wouldn't worry about bonuses. If you want a pulse from meebles I would just clear to the boss the first time, and then keep rebuying KIs and repeating

Though I wouldn't recommend trying to get a pulse from meebles. Even though I have gotten one and it was only like 2 kills, I'm sure it was just luck and not really a good drop rate

Every source of Pulse is a horrible drop rate(except for maybe T3 Escha NMS, which, like I said, I can't do) though. I went through hundreds of stones for VW this month and never saw a Pulse. Friend of mine went through 10k combined across a couple characters and never saw one. I'll try NNI the next time that campaign comes up. Gobbie sucks. ADL sucks. Actually haven't tried Legion, forgot they drop there, but eh, probably sucks.

No option is really that good. Might as well give Meeble a try. Haha.

I forgot you can buy the KIs to go right to the boss after killing it though. I will definitely do that, thanks!
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-09-23 11:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

For the gil/time cost to farm meebles you would probably be better off buying 5 pulse cells.
By Fribbit 2021-09-23 12:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
For the gil/time cost to farm meebles you would probably be better off buying 5 pulse cells.

The KIs are that expensive? I haven't checked yet, so I have no idea.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-23 12:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

330k to go straight to a boss. If you need 60 kills, you're at 19.8m. Factor in random luck, and even before the time it's not a particularly good deal vs cells.

Pretty sure the bonus to spoils adds a straight extra drop slot, so buying that for 120k and increasing cost to 450k/run for half the kills seems well worth it. Then, you're more like 13.5m.

Again, this is assuming the droprate is actually 1/60, which is probably not accurate. I would be inclined to assume it's in the 1/100 range like most other pulse, but we definitely don't have the data to conclude either way. No matter how you split it, if you're buying KI to do this you're definitely gambling in a way that may end up costing comparable amounts to pulse cells.

Edit: If you farm Samursk, you don't need an extra 120k since the spoils bonus is built into that path. However, looking at ffxidb, the droprate on Samursk seems significantly lower to begin with.
[+]
By Fribbit 2021-09-23 12:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
330k to go straight to a boss. If you need 60 kills, you're at 19.8m. Factor in random luck, and even before the time it's not a particularly good deal vs cells.

Pretty sure the bonus to spoils adds a straight extra drop slot, so buying that for 120k and increasing cost to 450k/run for half the kills seems well worth it. Then, you're more like 13.5m.

Again, this is assuming the droprate is actually 1/60, which is probably not accurate. I would be inclined to assume it's in the 1/100 range like most other pulse, but we definitely don't have the data to conclude either way. No matter how you split it, if you're buying KI to do this you're definitely gambling in a way that may end up costing comparable amounts to pulse cells.

Well, I didn't know the cost was that high. Like you and others have said, if I'm gonna spend that much on a CHANCE at a pulse, I might as well just put it toward a guaranteed pulse. If I'm relying on chance anyway, I'm not spending any money doing it. So, OK, with all this information, maybe the initial comment of Meebles not being worth it was correct. Haha. Guess it's back to the drawing board.

I mean I guess I could just do it how I've been doing it, by just running through each expedition and then doing the boss floor. I don't know. I just need to accept that getting a Pulse sucks, no matter what. Haha. I appreciate all the info everyone!
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-09-23 12:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Golden wing 160,000
Moss-covered shard 180,000
Essence of perfervidity 200,000
Branded wing 220,000
Malicious horn 240,000

I'm pretty sure it was buying these 5 each NM, so 1 million gil per attempt.

Nvm I'm wrong, Thorny beat me to it.
By Chimerawizard 2021-09-23 13:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Also consider trading Emporox 3 stacks of crystal petrifacts, so you can start buying pulse weapons for 25k merit points as well.

As for what bonus to spoils does, I'm pretty sure it just doubles the quantity of drops if something does drop. like instead of one pulse weapon you'd get the same weapon x2. not positive though as it's been forever since I did that content.
[+]
By Sidiov 2021-09-23 13:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I know its anecdotal but I got an Adflictio on the first phantom worm I ever traded (within a month or two of MEEBLES release).
In roughly 30 kills of each boss, I also noted we saw an Adflictio from Gallu, a Gusterion from wyvern, and 2 dukkha from golem.

Yes, yes RNG, but I've always assumed MEEBLES must have a better drop rate than legion/VW just looking at the sheer numbers of those events I did, plus you get the extra chance with trading phantom worms.

The big trade-off is that its MUCH more time consuming to farm your way up if you aren't dumping gil into it.

That being said, NNI special month event has always rained pulse weapons on me, I was able to finish all ambuscade weapons on one character, and 5 on another just from NNI and a couple from AMAN.
[+]
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-09-23 13:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You should invest money to build a decent thf or build your nin imo. This way you could farm lilith on VE/E maybe get some Malignance along the way and then use pultons to solo Behemoth T3. He is not that hard with correct trusts setup.
By Fribbit 2021-09-23 13:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Also consider trading Emporox 3 stacks of crystal petrifacts, so you can start buying pulse weapons for 25k merit points as well.

As for what bonus to spoils does, I'm pretty sure it just doubles the quantity of drops if something does drop. like instead of one pulse weapon you'd get the same weapon x2. not positive though as it's been forever since I did that content.

I still need the crystals, yeah. Just thinking about accumulating 25k merit points makes me physically sick, but it is something to work toward that I KNOW will eventually pay off, so that's something.
By Fribbit 2021-09-23 13:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
You should invest money to build a decent thf or build your nin imo. This way you could farm lilith on VE/E maybe get some Malignance along the way and then use pultons to solo Behemoth T3. He is not that hard with correct trusts setup.

Seems like things may be trending this way for me.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-09-23 13:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Can replace monbereaux if you dont have him with Seltheus as nin and replace ulmia or joachim with AAEV or August if you go thf
By Fribbit 2021-09-23 13:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Can replace monbereaux if you dont have him with Seltheus as nin and replace ulmia or joachim with AAEV or August if you go thf

Yeah, I watched his video when I gave up on VW and was looking for ways to farm Pulses. The problem is he vastly outgears me. My TP set is(apologies for the format ahead of time):

Kikoku(119 Non-AG)/Gokotai
Date Shuriken
Full Ambu+2 except head is Ryuou Somen
Ambu cape
Sanctity Necklace
Suppa/Brutal Earring(damn Cessance Earring won't drop)
Windbuffet+1
Rajas/Mummu Ring

Maybe I'm wrong because I can never properly judge gear requirements, but I just don't think I cut it gear-wise. I won't go into it, but my THF is slightly worse geared than my NIN so even less of an option.

EDIT: Added shuriken cause I forgot it.
By Meeble 2021-09-23 13:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fribbit said: »
Every source of Pulse is a horrible drop rate(except for maybe T3 Escha NMS, which, like I said, I can't do) though.

Leveling and gearing a job up to farm T3 Zi'Tah is likely faster than any other method. Behemoth in particular has a lot of viable solo/duo setups that don't have a terribly high JP/gear requirement.

Let's be honest, you're gonna want more than one eventually.
By Meeble 2021-09-23 14:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Date Shuriken
Ambu cape
Sanctity Necklace
Windbuffet+1
Rajas/Mummu Ring

I am far from an expert Ninjar, but it doesn't seem like you're far off. I'd MH Goko until you can AG, pick up Adhemar hands/head, maybe snag a Petrov Ring and augment some Herc boots. Some equivalent attention to your WS sets and you should be able to kill Behemoth before timing out.
By Fribbit 2021-09-23 16:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »
Date Shuriken
Ambu cape
Sanctity Necklace
Windbuffet+1
Rajas/Mummu Ring

I am far from an expert Ninjar, but it doesn't seem like you're far off. I'd MH Goko until you can AG, pick up Adhemar hands/head, maybe snag a Petrov Ring and augment some Herc boots. Some equivalent attention to your WS sets and you should be able to kill Behemoth before timing out.

Adhemar Bonnet was next on my list, which after DI today, I picked up. Will augment it in a bit.

I actually do have Herculean Boots, but the augments aren't that good: ACC+38, ATK+39, Mag. Acc.+20 and Mag. Atk. Bonus+20 was the best I could get during the last Dark Matter campaign.

Petrov Ring I should be able to get pretty easily. Didn't realize it dropped from a T1 and my LS does Geas Fete and Aeonic clears pretty regularly, so I should be able to get that pretty easily.

And I still need Epona's Ring, which I've been putting off for so long because *** Rani and his mountain. Haha!

Regardless, I guess I'll work on this in the meantime of not getting Pulse weapons from any other source. Thanks!
By Taint 2021-09-23 16:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Emporox

Best way to farm a Pulse weapon.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-23 16:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss this content, I had a lot of fun with Meebles and some friends.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-23 17:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Emporox

Best way to farm a Pulse weapon.
If you can get 75 merits in 10 minutes, that's still 56 hours of meritting to get a pulse. If you plan to bot it, and have multiple characters, I'd definitely second that as best.

If you only have 1 or 2 characters, and don't bot, it's pretty hard to say it compares to zitah T3(a solid setup can probably average a weapon every 3-5hrs there with beads on the side).
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-23 17:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pulse weapons all seem to be in the Ultra Rare drop category, which is 0.1%. However, each point of TH gives an additional +0.1% to drop rate to items in that category, so with a main THF, most of them are a more reasonable ~1% drop rate in practice.

It's why Voidwatch pulses are about a 1/1000 drop rate, while all the rest are more like 1/100-1/200.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-23 17:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Pulse weapons all seem to be in the Ultra Rare drop category, which is 0.1%. However, each point of TH gives an additional +0.1% to drop rate to items in that category, so with a main THF, most of them are a more reasonable ~1% drop rate in practice.

It's why Voidwatch pulses are about a 1/1000 drop rate, while all the rest are more like 1/100-1/200.

Some crossover from the Shinryu topic here, but the non-voidwatch pulses are likely shared drop slots and that would remove any exponential benefit from TH. Meebles seems to operate on the same universal drop slot system as escha:

Girru, Ikarigiri, and Arch Dynamis Lord each drop a 'nq' version of the weapon that the HQ likely shares a pool with, though I'm a little less confident here since it's a difficult 'prove a negative' situation unless anyone has a screenshot of both dropping at once.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-23 17:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The Zi'tah pulses have their own dedicated slot, and I'd wager the same for Meebles, though I can't say that for certain. The last time I got a Chastisers from the behemoth, it dropped the weapon plus two Skormoth masks.

There is a huge increase from THF main when farming Zi'tah pulses. They seem to have Guaranteed slot 1 (normal items), Rare slot 2 (normal items), Ultra Rare slot 3 (Pulse weapon).
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-23 18:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The Zi'tah pulses are not shared drop slots
Do you have a screenshot or log containing a triple drop with them? Given that double drops happen at least 2/3 of the time with a THF, you would expect that 2/3 of pulse drops would result in a triple drop if they had unique drop slots, but I've never observed it after farming at least 15 pulses doing beads.

'There is a MASSIVE increase from THF main' is incredibly subjective and hard to substantiate without data. Every other drop in escha seems to operate on a shared slot system, I'm gonna need data to believe that.

Also this picture, and the chat leads me to believe it's unlikely any of the group had the other items already:
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-23 18:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

No sorry, I didn't consider it remarkable at the time, so I didn't. I've never had double drops with a THF that often, though.

If that's not enough evidence for you, I understand.
By Meeble 2021-09-23 23:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The Zi'tah pulses have their own dedicated slot, and I'd wager the same for Meebles, though I can't say that for certain. The last time I got a Chastisers from the behemoth, it dropped the weapon plus two Skormoth masks.

There is a huge increase from THF main when farming Zi'tah pulses. They seem to have Guaranteed slot 1 (normal items), Rare slot 2 (normal items), Ultra Rare slot 3 (Pulse weapon).

I don't have full logs, but I do track my currency/pulse ratio for S&G's. For chastisers, to date I've gotten 9 drops from 23 stacks of plutons with TH 8~12 on each kill, roughly 1 pulse per 50.5 dead behemoths.

~450 kills is not a large sample size, so it's entirely possible my results aren't representative, but based on the published TH table I would expect significantly more(13~14 if super rare) or fewer(~4 for ultra rare) drops if pulse had a dedicated drop slot that was affected by TH. My numbers do line up nicely with the idea that pulse are just a flat 1% chance per regular escha equipment slot, but maybe I'm just lucky.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-09-24 01:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

1 in 50 behemoths lines up with my experiences as well. have farmed over a dozen pairs between my 3 chars