Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dynamis D windy trap guide for wave 2
Dynamis D windy trap guide for wave 2
By janeash123 2021-08-21 13:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

I've had this footage hanging around on my pc for ages. After 3 years of farming Dynamis D. I always have fun with the traps in Windy and Jeuno.

I hope this helps starter groups and returnee's who might want to learn a bit about farming W2.
Have fun and may death be with you!
[+]
 Valefor.Loffle
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Loffle
By Valefor.Loffle 2021-08-21 16:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Great video Jane <3
By janeash123 2021-08-21 16:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty Loffle! You were always so nice helping straddlers to the houses! I was always greatful for that.
(I am unsure why discord didn't pick up your voice so well during the recording though.)
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2021-08-21 17:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming your statue-sniper can leave the group for a minute, you can skip bringing everyone upstairs on any house. It's always possible to walk back, because statues are true-sight only - no sound aggro.

Clipping from the video at 3:33,

Soon as the statue marked with the red arrow turns to the left (north ingame), you can walk behind safely on the blue path. From either the north or south you can pull this area very cleanly without having to wait for additional snipes.

For the other houses, popped statues are in blue. Patroling statues indicated by a line. Red path is the safe zone for the sniper back from the top of the house.

Props to the remapster folks for the high res base map.

Full Size

3rd/House of the Hero: Wait for the diagonal patrol to face away, walk west across the front of the house. Don't cross in sight of the double patrol. If you need to exit east, you can dodge everything except the very last statue the same way.

4th/Zonpa-Zippa's: These are all stationary and look towards the house. Walk behind them, can exit either side

5th/Shantotto: Easy path south.
Purple/North path should be possible, but I've never needed to try it. Wait for the patrolling statue to look away if you do.
[+]