Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Death threats
Death threats
By bombsdiggity 2021-08-16 08:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I mentioned knowing that I wasn't the only one last night. He was shouting about people who used to play ages ago, started sending someone else similar messages when told that one of the people doesn't play anymore.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-16 08:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as this seems like a real harassment to the OP, site rules forbid player warning.

The best course of action would be:

1. Report him for harassing. This one is a very serious infringement and as far as i know, STF dont neglect those cases, they will work to deal with that guy, most likely banning him.

2. Never, EVER reply to a wacko. Those guys wants attention. Nothing frustrate more an offender than completely ignoring it. Also because there is really no point talking anything with someone lacking that much self control.

It was a mistake answering him once. It was another major mistake bringing this drama for a public site. Now you allow him to harass you in game and also in this site.

You gain nothing and just got more exposed in the process.

Sorry, this thread is dumb and mods need to nuke this, for your own sake.
[+]
By bombsdiggity 2021-08-16 08:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, yeah. I hadn't read that. But you're right. I didn't mean to offend the rules
By RadialArcana 2021-08-16 09:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I can tell you were really cut up about this when you replied with this

By RadialArcana 2021-08-16 09:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Radda said: »
RadialArcana said: »
For something to be a death threat there had to be a credible threat to your life, he is a person on a video game shouting at your avatar.

The only threat to life is him having a heart attack.

This is just comedy gold, fking gambino family wtf.

Also, since you are only posting the fallout there is a pretty good chance you said far worse to him to rile him up to this level of spergery. Not like the few replies showed you being upset at all, you found it as funny as we do.

Imagine agreeing with abuse so much that you assume the recipient of the abuse had it coming in order to justify your joy in said abuse.

>muh abuse.

Some real sheltered first world problem individuals around to take this serious, it's not even on social media where it's actually linked to your real identity. It's a video game where OP CHOSE to allow him to keep sending him tells.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-16 09:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, it's in a ~20 year old video game and he might have traces of owning that character all across the internet if someone really cared to look. Those of us posting under character names are exposing ourselves a bit. Some jerkoff gets mad at a FFXIAH post? $1 to roll a character and harass you in-game. Obviously, it costs nothing to take it from the game to other platforms.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-16 09:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The pros and cons of anonymity
By RadialArcana 2021-08-16 09:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

/blist add name

They don't even get a message they are blocked so they blabber for an hour into the void.

If you don't want to blist, you want the screenshot.
By Shichishito 2021-08-16 09:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Shiva.Znitch said: »
Fun fact: apparently if you /blacklist someone but are running the AnsweringMachine addon, you still get notified when they try to /tell you. Woke up to a few unread messages from this individual after being AFK one night.

Yeah, all the /blacklist feature does is prevent the sender's /tell (or chat messages) from appearing in your chat log. That's it. The packet is still transmitted from their PC to the FFXI servers, to your PC. The laziest feature I've ever seen in commercial software.

apparently the blacklist is also loaded AFTER the chatlog so if you just zoned and the blacklisted person writes for example a yell or tell at the right moment you'll still see it in your chatlog.

If you don't want to blist, you want the screenshot.
some of us just want to lay back and enjoy the show.
By Draylo 2021-08-16 10:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to get death wishes all the time, haven't gotten one in a while though! A lot of mentally ill people who play MMOs apparently. I remember during the end of RoV people sending me PMs telling me to live stream when I kill myself after XI ends. Gotta love it.
By asuraasrial 2021-08-16 10:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how he says he’s got illegal gats. That made me laugh
[+]
By bombsdiggity 2021-08-16 11:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

For something to be a death threat there had to be a credible threat to your life, he is a person on a video game shouting at your avatar.

Also, since you are only posting the fallout there is a pretty good chance you said far worse to him to rile him up to this level of spergery. Not like the few replies showed you being upset at all, you found it as funny as we do.

it is an offense to knowingly utter or convey a threat to cause death or bodily harm to any person.

Credible or not the definition of death threat stands. Anyhow outside of this comment I am done with this thread, had I read the rules (the link is pretty small and I had never noticed it) I wouldn't have started the thread to begin with.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-16 12:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-08-16 12:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing we're living life on softcore mode
By joemamma 2021-08-16 12:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
As much as this seems like a real harassment to the OP, site rules forbid player warning.

The best course of action would be:

1. Report him for harassing. This one is a very serious infringement and as far as i know, STF dont neglect those cases, they will work to deal with that guy, most likely banning him.

2. Never, EVER reply to a wacko. Those guys wants attention. Nothing frustrate more an offender than completely ignoring it. Also because there is really no point talking anything with someone lacking that much self control.

It was a mistake answering him once. It was another major mistake bringing this drama for a public site. Now you allow him to harass you in game and also in this site.

You gain nothing and just got more exposed in the process.

Sorry, this thread is dumb and mods need to nuke this, for your own sake.

Bolded is why trolls exist on Asura. If you respond to them they win. If you ignore or blist them they lose.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-08-16 12:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said: »
Third time's a charm?
Cowboy style?

Link for younglings
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Lanun
By Asura.Lanun 2021-08-16 13:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be a ***. Problem solved.
 Bahamut.Radda
Server: Bahamut
user: radda
By Bahamut.Radda 2021-08-16 13:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine agreeing with abuse so much that you assume the recipient of the abuse had it coming in order to justify your joy in said abuse.

>muh abuse.

Some real sheltered first world problem individuals around to take this serious, it's not even on social media where it's actually linked to your real identity. It's a video game where OP CHOSE to allow him to keep sending him tells.

You remind me of one of those spousal abuse apologists that blame spouses for remaining in an abusive relationship.

You seem nice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aldy
Server: Bahamut
user: Aldy
By Bahamut.Aldy 2021-08-16 13:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You remind me of one of those spousal abuse apologists that blame spouses for remaining in an abusive relationship.

You seem nice.

His advice about not responding to and encouraging the troll should also be used when you're about to reply to RadialArcana. After a while, you'll get used to seeing the stupidity that he posts, but it's best to ignore them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-08-16 13:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
Samdamahn was part of a group (family members?) which included Bobdamahn and one other back when I played on the Shiva server.

They were all a bunch of *** tards too, so I'm pretty sure it's the same person as back then.

All I can think of when I see asshattery of this level.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-16 13:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem nice.

Thx bro.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2021-08-16 16:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

CALL ME
ILL FUICK YH)U
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-08-16 23:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

When did Joe Pesci start playing?
 Asura.Rawkstar
user: Rawkstar
By Asura.Rawkstar 2021-08-17 00:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I encounter stuff like this often. It's best to just sit back and laugh.
By KyLouie16 2021-08-17 02:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Look up a random address in Wisconsin and give it to him. Tell him to text you when he arrives LOL.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-17 04:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rawkstar said: »
I encounter stuff like this often. It's best to just sit back and laugh.

Exactly.
By BlaTheTaru 2021-08-17 05:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Applesmash said: »
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Sounds like moogleman but you're not on asura, so idk

Dude's been on Shiva for 7+ years at least, kicked him from one of our socials in 2015 for being a dumbass yep

He just got back the other day and I blacklisted him. He just started sending me tells about how my wife who hasn't played the game in a couple years is... well not nice things.

The guys kind of a man child basement dweller. Sorry, I thought when Samu left Shiva the place would quiet down some.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-17 06:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Samdamahn if you read this, pls come to Asura. You can bring your gambinolama family with you.
By Chaplin 2021-08-17 06:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aldy said: »

You seem nice.

His advice about not responding to and encouraging the troll should also be used when you're about to reply to RadialArcana. After a while, you'll get used to seeing the stupidity that he posts, but it's best to ignore them.

Yeah, I’ve learned to just scroll past anything he, Thorny or that guy who always made those naruto references say. Weans out the garbage.

For the OP, anyone who talks like that probably doesn’t care if they get banned, even if a GM acts.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-08-17 08:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy is prolly just back for the free campaign to troll people in an attempt to feel better about his own pathetic, sorry, unfulfilled waste of existence. Like so many others during the free campaign. I swear it seems like the only people who use the free period are bitter a-s-s-holes.
[+]