Sahagin Ambuscade V1
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-04 22:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So I found a neat useless thing.

When the DRG's jump, you can WS them without retaliation. I guess they're stuck in ability delay.

Shaves a couple seconds off soloing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-08-05 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody tell the Sahagins about ja0wait and ruin this
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [575 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-03 07:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This ones up again next week

Quote:
The sahagin battle features an adjustment to silence effect duration on the boss and a removal of cumulative resistance to status ailments, with their retinues respawn timer being lengthened by a bit.

It should be pretty simple with 2 years of power creep and dt on everything. Just a little Aoe enthunder and splat.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-09 23:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The amount of time between the Bozzetto Songstress being affected by silence effects and using Cleansing Bubbles has been increased from 45s to 60s.

The Bozzetto Songstress no longer has cumulative status ailment resistance.

The amount of time that it takes the Bozzetto Flowspear, Bozzetto Wavefist, Bozzetto Hydrophile, and Bozzetto Chirurgeon to respawn after being defeated has been increased from 90s to 180s.

The amount of damage taken in one blow required for the Bozzetto Flowspear, Bozzetto Wavefist, Bozzetto Hydrophile, and Bozzetto Chirurgeon to activate special abilities has been increased from 10,000 to 22,222.

The Bozzetto Flowspear, Bozzetto Wavefist, Bozzetto Hydrophile, and Bozzetto Chirurgeon will no longer retain the levels when they respawn.
If you do the update and log in before the windower team updates the resources you will see the incorrect TP move names. They know. It happens every time. Just launch windower again to fix it.
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2023-03-11 05:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So anyone tried it with the new changes? is it better? worse? strat the same? Not had a chance to do it yet but I find it very interesting no one posted anything, is it that bad?
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2023-03-11 09:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neviskio said: »
So anyone tried it with the new changes? is it better? worse? strat the same? Not had a chance to do it yet but I find it very interesting no one posted anything, is it that bad?

A lot easier then last time with the changes for both solo and party play in my opinion. Gives substantially more time to take out the mobs before respawn.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2023-03-11 15:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neviskio said: »

I'm unsure what you mean by "better", but the changes equated a pretty significant nerf - longer cooldown on Cleansing Bubble, longer add respawn time (doubled, in fact), and no more cumulative debuff resistance build up on the Songstress, are the meaningful ones. So yes, both strats (silencing and not silencing the Songstress) are still viable.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-11 19:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

intrloper said: »
tried several VD runs and after a few cleansing bubbles it took 6-7 debuffs before silence would land.

Yeah it got stupid, VD seems to be a DPS check where you gotta kill them with the regen effect going.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2023-03-11 22:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

we tried it a few times on VD without silence and it just wasn't happening. we just did several D and it was smooth sailing.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-03-11 23:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

~5min runs, don't Silence SAM SAM BRD COR SCH GEO

Fight in middle
Jinpu to kill everything and SC
Team up on MNK so both SAMs are not guarded.
Resleep as stuff wakes up stuff.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-03-12 00:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys just WS spamming or multi stepping? Also how do you avoid the charm without a pup?
By Dodik 2023-03-12 09:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bynebill said: »
Also how do you avoid the charm without a pup?

Kill faster.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2023-03-12 10:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys just WS spamming or multi stepping? Also how do you avoid the charm without a pup?
SC of course, and charm was never really a problem would just charm the SCH sometimes for like 30sec
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-12 10:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Using SP's? Did you pull to the corner and sleep then fight near the songstress or just fight everything right on top of her?
 Bahamut.Autherius
Server: Bahamut
user: Autherius
By Bahamut.Autherius 2023-03-12 10:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
SC of course, and charm was never really a problem would just charm the SCH sometimes for like 30sec

Any reason SCH over WHM? With all the debuffs I would think WHM would be easier with erase etc.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2023-03-12 10:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Using SP's? Did you pull to the corner and sleep then fight near the songstress or just fight everything right on top of her?
Fought in middle.

SPs are not needed

Bahamut.Autherius said: »
Any reason SCH over WHM? With all the debuffs I would think WHM would be easier with erase etc.

Just what we used either is fine of course
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-12 11:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fought in middle.

SPs are not needed

Bubbles wakes everything up doesn't it? Don't you have the mobs chasing everyone down then?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2023-03-12 11:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bubbles wakes everything up doesn't it? Don't you have the mobs chasing everyone down then?
GEO bubbles? Not something I saw happening but maybe I missed it

Only thing we saw waking up everything was WHM
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-12 11:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO bubbles? Not something I saw happening but maybe I missed it

Only thing we saw waking up everything was WHM

Cleansing Bubbles, the Songstress uses Cleansing Bubbles every 60s, which wipes all her debuffs and the debuffs of every mob within 20 yalms. It's the entire reason people sleep the adds at a distance.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Ambuscade#Intense_Ambuscade_.28Vol._One.29

Are you sure you didn't fight it on D, because this is sounding like easy 5min D wins. Massive difference between the two in terms of difficulty.

I mean SE might of adjusted Cleansing to only remove her debuffs, but no one has reported that yet.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2023-03-12 11:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cleansing Bubbles, the Songstress uses Cleansing Bubbles every 60s, which wipes all her debuffs and the debuffs of every mob within 20 yalms. It's the entire reason people sleep the adds at a distance.
Resleep? It was not really a problem for us

Are you sure you didn't fight it on D, because this is sounding like easy 5min D wins.

Have never tired D was doing VD
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-12 11:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Resleep? It was not really a problem for us

Need Nitro due to how resistant they get to sleep on VD. And the Kraken is immune to it anyhow.

Have never tired D was doing VD

Riighht...
Given the lack of answers to some of the basic battle mechanics involved and nothing but "IDK git gud". Everything you've responded with indicated runs on D. Like the reason most use WHM is the stronger Barthunder to help against Spinning Fists 15s stun. On D that would only be 10~15% HP regen, on VD it's 30~45%. Then again, someone else could be the one who actually set it up and has answers to the mechanics of VD instead of "git gud".
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2023-03-12 12:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Need Nitro due to how resistant they get to sleep on VD. And the Kraken is immune to it anyhow.
Was not a problem for us, Normally killed Kraken first.

Our BRD didn't need nitro to resleep

Given the lack of answers to some of the basic battle mechanics involved and nothing but "IDK git gud". Everything you've responded with indicated runs on D. Like the reason most use WHM is the stronger Barthunder to help against Spinning Fists 15s stun. On D that would only be 10~15% HP regen, on VD it's 30~45%. Then again, someone else could be the one who actually set it up and has answers to the mechanics of VD instead of "git gud".

Only other details I can share that have not said already is we used Jinpu and team up for MNK mobs so both SAMs are not getting WS guarded. Once all the adds are died Jinpu boss to death

Edit: also never saw cleansing bubble on runs we didn't silence.

Never once have I said "git gud" but yeah maybe your group is not ready to do VD Saevel...
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-12 12:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Then again, someone else could be the one who actually set it up and has answers to the mechanics of VD instead of "git gud".

Like I said.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2023-03-12 12:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I don't understand what mechanics you are struggling to understand?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-12 12:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I don't understand what mechanics you are struggling to understand?

Because you didn't set it up, someone else told you what to do and organized everything.

It would be like asking the GEO how to kill Ongo and them replying "cast bubbles, SC and git gud".

So to actual mechanics. We think Cleansing Bubbles is not a TP move but on a timer. One time we used Absorb-TP every 8~9s and it was always 0, and she still used Bubbles, but the timer seems to now be linked to Silence landing. The mobs still get a 15% HP regen every 3s but seem to be more vulnerable to SC damage. Spinning Fin sucks, so thunder resistance is recommended, maybe even using a bard song slot for it. If bubbles is only used after silence, then we can gather in the middle and nitro sleep should last the entire fight and now the respawning mobs don't have any status ailment resistance built-up either.

That is why I asked you about Bubbles, and your response told me you have no idea about the fight and just played a single role.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2023-03-12 12:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

it never uses Cleansing Bubbles if you don't silence. Hence why I asked if you talking about GEO bubbles...
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-03-12 12:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

it never uses Cleansing Bubbles if you don't silence. Hence why I asked if you talking about GEO bubbles...

You didn't even know that and admitted as much.
By wick 2023-03-12 12:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

IF your not silencing, make sure to spam dispelga on mobs as minuet will destroy everyone.

Thanks for the jinpu tip Bip!
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-03-12 12:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I was Brd

I did songs

I cast Sleep

We won...

8min...