New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 37 38 39
 Ragnarok.Jiing
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: F0urty2
By Ragnarok.Jiing 2021-08-03 14:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I box three.mostly out of necessity. It allowed me to do things I could not with one or two. Same for many of my friends/shellmates.
Most of us gather for things when we are on at the same time,and are happy to exclude one,or all of our alts. It's refreshing,even,to play only one.
 Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Merritt95
By Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey 2021-08-03 14:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

alzeerffxi said: »
SimonSes said: »
alzeerffxi said: »
stop just cutting half of what i said about rema's do you understand what i just explained to you? im sorry if my explanation is ***, but the idea is there, are you telling me i should buy 5 accounts to do casual content? or are you telling me i should wait and do time locked monthly events to get monbreaux (a ffxiv tomestone system) to do casual content again but alone?

Nah I suggest to you to find a static if you want to do it in party or keep trying with pug. Im just telling you that players who box are not a cause of your problem of low population of pug players.

il say it again its not the population its the boxing and the ambuscade that never gets to keep new players around that can progress THROUGH IT this far in LOW POPULATION SERVERS BECAUSE THE CEILING IS HIGH AND THEY CANT FILL A GROUP BECAUSE THEY WANT V2 AND THATS WHY WHEN I TRY TO YELL TO DO MID TIER CONTENT NO 1 IS THERE BECAUSE THEY QUIT because the ceiling is a high,
True story met a guy in asura years ago who is partially blind and has cancer i just recently knew he had it too, no 1 wanted to grp with him because of how bad he played i noticed after 1 ambu it was one of those easy V1 ambus so i helped him out than i told him to make a tizona because this server is shitty with shitty players that requires shitty items to play this game, guy takes 2 years to get afterwards he found out he needs to do beitetsus and just quit the game. he comes back and sends me a message he told me no 1 plays with him he comes to odin (by his choice) i help him around get him to meet people and gets the same treatment again by other people except like 2 people who he befriended and just quits again you see this game was a social MMO with content and endgame content to mess around with friends or play hardcore whatever fits your boat,

Oh look everyone, another thread derailer. Wah wah multiboxing is runing the game wah wah cry some more gtfo
[+]
By joemamma 2021-08-03 14:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
missdivine said: »
Static??

I play in Odyssey static, so they do exist. Obviously none really makes static for Ambuscade. For that you search for bigger shell and do PUGs within LS.

Bingo- there's a huge chasm between "I have a static" and "I only ask people in my LS for <insert content>".

I mean you do statics for things like Odyssey and Im in normal static that do Odyssey 6 days per week. Now for easier things like Ambu I just pug in LS, because static for it doesnt make sense. Im like 100% sure that all you need to do on Asura to get into PUGs for Ambuscade is join few big shells that gather casual/social endgame players and shout in LS instead of yell in town to random people.

You don't really need a linkshell on Asura. I've done everything with randoms. If I relied on a linkshell for everything I could just go to a dead server. Less people to deal with. But I prefer to be able to do content any time of the day. Not twice a week at a set time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-08-03 14:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

how did we now get derailed talking about multi-boxing on a fight a rdm can farm solo on VD without even bothering with trusts.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By alzeerffxi 2021-08-03 16:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
how did we now get derailed talking about multi-boxing on a fight a rdm can farm solo on VD without even bothering with trusts.

GO back 3-4 pages ago i didn't start this ***
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-08-03 16:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

On topic. I got my first drop last night on the 67th kill. Crepuscular Helm.

Quite a shitty drop rate but encouraging to finally see a drop.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-08-03 16:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't run into anyone else doing fight at same time as me on Shiva, this 30 merit cost and drop-rate even with TH8+ on VD doesn't bode well. Capped out on accessories quickly then haven't seen anything since. Anyone have odds on them switching back to 10 merit cost? lol
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-08-03 17:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Haven't run into anyone else doing fight at same time as me on Shiva, this 30 merit cost and drop-rate even with TH8+ on VD doesn't bode well. Capped out on accessories quickly then haven't seen anything since. Anyone have odds on them switching back to 10 merit cost? lol

I'm not sure how reliable it is, but I was reading the JP forum on this issue and one of the posts said the devs have said this is not temporary.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-08-03 21:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So this is just a conspiracy theory.

I don't believe them about increasing drop rates. I feel like this was just done to alleviate congestion/everyone trying to enter. It creates a gap in time for groups to gather merits.

They just said they increased drop rates just to pacify us a bit.

S/E Dev: "We increased the drop rate by .1%, technically it's true. Let's tell them it's a trade off for higher merit cost. That way we don't have to make a queue for wait times."
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-03 21:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No conspiracy needed, that's exactly what they did.

.1% is an increase. They did NOT say, increased drop rates proportional to the merit increase, just "increase".

They also could've not actually increased it at all, it's not like there would be any repercussions for lying.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-03 23:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

think shinryu congestion is already bad? just wait till august 13.
By joemamma 2021-08-03 23:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
think shinryu congestion is already bad? just wait till august 13.

Mostly noobs and trolls during free to play campaign.
By Shichishito 2021-08-04 00:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

afaik there is no skill check to enter the paradox, noobs (and trolls for sure) or not, all of them are going to test their luck at the latest glory hole.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-04 01:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring the usual suspects that don't even play 11 and are just sh*t stirring against it as they always do.

It's funny how the people endlessly complaining about the lack of a queue, are usually the ones spamming it and causing the congestion issues in the first place. Almost as if it's a deflection tactic cause they feel guilty.

If someone puts $1000 on a table and says free to take, some are going to take the full $1000 dollars. Then they're going to feel like they're being greedy, and due to that guilt they're going to blame the person who put it there for not adding rules to stop them doing what they just did.

FFXI is built on denial of content, the majority of people are well aware they can't compete with the spammers and don't even try. They either come back when you goto bed or wait a month or two.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-04 01:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »

They stated when they did it that it was not temp, they won't change it back.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58308-July-2021-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-Digest/page2
By Shichishito 2021-08-04 02:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
and are just sh*t stirring
hey, i'm sure most of use wouldn't mind stirring a nice cup of earl grey but you have to work with what you get.
By Draylo 2021-08-04 04:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
he could probably get SE to do something

Like Official Classic server? *** no...

No, lol but maybe he can get them to finanace a revamp or expansion
By SimonSes 2021-08-04 04:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

he could probably get SE to do something

Like Official Classic server? *** no...

No, lol but maybe he can get them to finanace a revamp or expansion

I doubt he wants expansion, since he plays private servers. I also doubt he wants revamp for the same reason. What he probably wants the most is official classic server, which again.. *** no..
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-04 05:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are nuts if you think that SE would be willing to take donations from some random to fund additional content. It's a legal nightmare. Never mind that the guy liking FFXI and having money doesn't in any way indicate he'd be willing to spend significant portions of it on FFXI.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-08-04 05:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
You guys are nuts if you think that SE would be willing to take donations from some random to fund additional content. It's a legal nightmare. Never mind that the guy liking FFXI and having money doesn't in any way indicate he'd be willing to spend significant portions of it on FFXI.

Im well aware of it. I would say the probability of that is less than 0.000001% (tbh there was a lot of ideas poping on this forum as possible updates to FFXI that I would consider as unrealistic), but still it would be more than likely a classic FFXI server, which would divide playerbase even more and die in 3 months.
By Draylo 2021-08-04 06:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, he went on that talk show and said FFXI was one of his favorite games ever. I can't help but think he would want it to survive somehow. While they wouldn't directly accept his money because they are a big company, he could do a lot with what he has to incentivize them. Not the first time its been done if we look at XIV. Probably mostly through advertising which XI gets 0 of even during its prime. I mainly say it jokingly but if I was in his position I'd certainly try something, we know you looking at this ninja!
By Shichishito 2021-08-04 06:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

he liked it the way it was back then and he can get a close resemblance to what it was back then for free on a private server, i don't see where he'd had a incentive to influence or even invest his own money in order to get something he can get for free.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-04 08:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people are putting too much stock into this guy.

Ninja being able to influence a couple hundred random kids to "play" on a free private server to AFK near him in game and ***up their community is far from him pulling off benefiting a paid retail server in any way.

This has happened twice now. A few years ago, he played on Nasomi for a couple of weeks. Now he's doing it on Wings. SE is seeing none of this attention or financial support.

EDIT: If anything, the amount of XI private server streamers probably has a detrimental effect on new/returning subscribers. If someone pulls up Final Fantasy XI on Twitch, 90% of it is people streaming a private server. If a prospective subbie sees this, why wouldn't they assume privates are the only place people are playing?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-08-04 09:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait what that guy is taking donations to run a pirate server?

Making money is the quickest way to get the server taken down.
By Draylo 2021-08-04 10:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

brb reporting them
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-08-04 14:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
So this is just a conspiracy theory.

I don't believe them about increasing drop rates. I feel like this was just done to alleviate congestion/everyone trying to enter. It creates a gap in time for groups to gather merits.

They just said they increased drop rates just to pacify us a bit.

S/E Dev: "We increased the drop rate by .1%, technically it's true. Let's tell them it's a trade off for higher merit cost. That way we don't have to make a queue for wait times."

I am presently 1/101. If this is the increased drop rate. . . Uh, thanks for nothing SE. I think what they did is increased the chance of a gear slot opening but they didn't alter the distribution rate between the accessories and the good drops. It feels like it's literally a 1% chance to see one of the good five gear drops which is 0.2% chance to get a specific drop.

And the thing is on VD before the change you would almost always get 2 drop slots open, anyway. So the 30 merit upgrade really screws you if you're doing VD.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-04 14:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even 1% it's literally .1% by their own numbers. "Probably"

Slot 2 99.5% ear/ring/ammo .1 Armor .1 helm .1 Cloak .1 Scythe .1 Knife
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-08-04 15:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They never said they changed the drop ratios did they? just the drop rate? which only opens a slot in the first place and doesn't control which items in that slot drop (always up to random chance)? which probably has improved on lower difficulties (I got all 3 accessories on E in 8 fights).
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-08-04 15:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caesir said: »
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39824-%E4%B8%8A%E4%BD%8D%E3%83%9F%E3%83%83%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3BC%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6?p=636966#post636966

They are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the congestion happens in entering Shinryu HTBF.

The best they can do is to adjust the specifications so that players can enter the area smoothly.

Unfortunately, the area used for this content is too difficult to accommodate as a multi-layered area and to implement a reservation system. So They are unable to adopt this as a practical measure.

So they make these changes:

"ファントムクォーツの交換に必要なメリットポイントを10から30に引き上げる対応を取らせていただくことにしました。
またこれだけでは単なる締め付けに他ならないため、戦利品のドロップ率(特に装備品に関連する部分)を全難易度において上方に調整を行います。"

1. The dev team have decided to increase the Merit Points required to exchange Shinryu HTBF KI from 10 to 30.
2. They will be adjusting (increasing) the loot(equipment) drop rates on every difficulty.

Ah here's where I read about drop rates.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 37 38 39