AH Whoops
 Bahamut.Riaja
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: riat
By Bahamut.Riaja 2021-06-14 18:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Bahamut,

I made a recent AH whoops and am hoping to get in contact with the player Wryram. I tried to PM on the forums but they don't appear to be registered and I haven't seen them online.

Meant to bid on a Musa and accidentally bought a Pedagogy staff for 63.3m.

If anyone knows this person can you please pass this post along to them? Or if this is anyone's alt, can you please PM me here or in game?

I'd happily purchase the Pedagogy staff, give it back and cover two rounds of AH fees.

Thanks,

Riaja
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2021-06-14 21:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Gl with that bro
By Jinchuuriki3 2021-06-14 21:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately the days were people were honest and kind are over..if you make a mistake in ah now it’s done for, no more decent players that will reimburse you for your error regardless if it was a glitch or you were half Zzz or your controller didn’t work properly. It’s not like the old days were you over bid something and they send you Gil back cause they understood some mt can ruin you, not too long ago I had an issue with my controller where adding an item to the ah the analog didn’t add some zeros and someone bought my item for 7mil when it was suppose to be a 92mil item, same as you I tried to get in touch but they were never on I assume on purpose and not register here ofcourse... so it’s just what it is a mistake and hungry people who don’t care for fellow players. Same happen to another friend and the guy moved servers to avoid paying it back came back a week later with a new name but forgot they both had same ls so when he asked for a new pearl and started talking eventually we all figured out it was the same person, same char same jobs/macro same attitude so he ran away again pretty sad...sorry that happen to you.
 Asura.Nususu
Server: Asura
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2021-06-14 22:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have made these mistakes too many times to expect any sympathy, and yet... every time, the person who benefitted from my mistake was always willing to send the extra back. And I’m on Asura. There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-06-14 23:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not familiar with a Wryram, but as long as it's not Gadfather/Halloweenhorse/Ppap you might have a chance.
[+]
 Asura.Keanureeves
By Asura.Keanureeves 2021-06-14 23:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
I'm not familiar with a Wryram, but as long as it's not Gadfather/Halloweenhorse/Ppap Odoro you might have a chance.

Corrected for those who fell victims.

Edit: Applies to asura only lol
 Bahamut.Wizardstick
user: Sieve
By Bahamut.Wizardstick 2021-06-14 23:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes me sad reading this. You were doing a great job healing our ambu party tonight. Looking at your job spread, I can't help but think ffxi needs more players like you. I wish you the best.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-06-15 04:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jinchuuriki3 said: »
Unfortunately the days were people were honest and kind are over

People were no kinder in the past than they are today, the only reason people were a little less cut-throat was becasue they feared they might not get into an endgame shell if they did something that showed they had poor character.

However, since most buy and sell on alts even then it wasn't much different really.

I've given gil back to people from alts lately, I've had people give gil back to me. It's really no worse than it was. If anything it's a little better because gil is far easier to get.
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2021-06-15 09:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump
[+]
 Bahamut.Riaja
By Bahamut.Riaja 2021-06-15 10:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, an update:

I found and reached out to the player last night a bit before maintenance. I learned it was a regular character, not a lvl 1 mule, and a friend helped translate my mistake to them.

I saw the player again this morning, and as of right now, it looks like my mistake may stick. In retrospect, I've learned to never again make high-level bids 5 minutes after waking up from a nap.

Thanks all for helping raise the popularity of the post and spreading the word.
[+]
By bukk 2021-06-15 12:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn brother, that's rough!

Happened to me once. Back in 2007 or so I bought a wrong item priced(10k item) for 7m and the dude basically said "your bad lol"
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-06-15 14:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

At least you tried.

I had an issue a little while back going the other way (buyer paid way too much for an item and I was trying to get it back to them) and I got roasted on this website for doing that. It was so bad I had to ask to get the thread locked after I finally got his gil back to him.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-06-15 14:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was on the receiving end of a major oops a few years ago. I contacted the guy to try and refund the extra but he didn't speak English. I did my best to explain in auto-translate, but apparently he had so much friggin' gil that I don't think he realized his mistake in the first place because he clearly had no idea what I was talking about.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-15 14:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a tip, you can store gil in your Mog Garden coffer. I only keep as much money on me as I think I'd be interested in ever spending. It also keeps me from impulse buying things as well.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-15 15:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Just a tip, you can store gil in your Mog Garden coffer. I only keep as much money on me as I think I'd be interested in ever spending. It also keeps me from impulse buying things as well.

That is it's intended purpose. Can't over bid if you aren't holding the gil.

Doesn't really work in reality, but great in theory. How many trips to the garden to pull out gil does it take before you get sick of it.

Also can't help you clicking the wrong item from the list. He didn't over pay for the item he wanted, he bought the wrong item entirely.

It should be entirely obvious the mistake was made an GMs should revert the sale. But no, they can't be bothered.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-15 15:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never heard of a single case where any GM has ever reversed an AH bid or a bazaar sale. In fact, that's why RMT sell junk items in their bazaar and have you pay them that way instead of a trade. Perhaps it's somehow less traceable (or, more likely, less disputable).
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-15 15:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course they don't. Never have, never will.

BUT. It should be something they do, it's not like they do anything else.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-06-15 15:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This game still has GMs?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-06-15 15:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If only there were a way to type in what you want to bid on so your mouse doesnt accidentally move your cursor over an unwanted item.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-06-15 16:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
If only there were a way to type in what you want to bid on so your mouse doesnt accidentally move your cursor over an unwanted item.

Well there is a way, but it's not approved by SE.....
 Asura.Alvinho
user: Alvinho
By Asura.Alvinho 2021-06-15 20:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-06-15 22:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Whut?!?!
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-06-15 22:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

didn't save me from the ol' fatfingers

[+]
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-06-16 03:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a booboo like this not long ago, sadly the person whom was on the receiving end just ignored my tells when I tried to talk it out.

Best of luck getting your gil back friend.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-06-16 05:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've paid 600K more than once, for a single Miso Ramen +1 lol
[+]
By Kasumuni88 2021-06-16 07:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone in my ls bought a 10,000 piece for the price of a single.

Fun times were had
[+]
 Bahamut.Riaja
By Bahamut.Riaja 2021-06-16 07:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

While reaching out to Wryram was unsuccessful, the story did have a happy ending.

Last night when I was about to log for the evening, I received a tell from a player who read about the experience, felt it was all kinds of wrong and wanted to do something about it. They asked me to check my delivery box.

I was and still am completely floored by their act of kindness.

Thanks for sharing all your similar AH ups and downs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-06-16 08:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all, I have also accidentally bought NQ Aurgelmir Orb for too much money and have been unsuccessful at communicating with the seller.

My name in game is Belkin for you to send the Aurgelmir Orb +1 to thank you and have a blessed day. Please include donation of also Rostam I cannot feed my family thank you.

Edit: single mother of 3, thanks.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-06-16 09:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew those rascal Taru's Mom was still alive.
By Rips 2021-06-16 11:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Riaja said: »
While reaching out to Wryram was unsuccessful, the story did have a happy ending.

Last night when I was about log for the evening, I received a tell from a player who read about the experience, felt it was all kinds of wrong and wanted to do something about it. They asked me to check my delivery box.

I was and still am completely floored by their act of kindness.

Thanks for sharing all your similar AH ups and downs.

Damn! It's so nice to see that someone with the now deeply hidden craft hax has a heart.

A positive day, indeed.
[+]