Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Fencer Help/Questions
Fencer Help/Questions
 Asura.Xippy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xippy
By Asura.Xippy 2021-04-29 21:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Messing around with Fencer builds and have a few questions. BG Wiki has the TP Bonus of Fencer V at +500TP (Our last Fencer trait before Gifts). It shows a cap of Fencer VIII with a TP bonus of +630TP. However, when I look through my Gifts, I have the following:

Fencer Effect +50TP Bonus Increase @ 80JP
Fencer Effect +50TP Bonus Increase @ 405JP
Fencer Effect +60TP Bonus Increase @ 980JP
Fencer Effect +70TP Bonus Increase @ 1805JP
=Total TP bonus +230

That would put Fencer VIII with a TP bonus of 730TP, not 630, correct?

My next question, does anyone know if this stacks with TP Bonus on gear? For instance, with 500TP Bonus on Chango and 250 from Moonshade, that puts us at a total TP Bonus of 1,480.

Final question, does anyone know whether gear like our neck that adds "Fencer +1" stacks on top of the Fencer VIII? If so, does anyone know the TP bonus of the "Fencer +1" traits? It seems odd if they don't stack, if they don't essentially they are wasted traits once we Master WAR, right?

Seems like SE is really pushing Fencer builds, which I'm cool with, I just don't understand all the implications yet. Thanks all.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-04-30 01:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be Fencer V plus the gifts, not Fencer VIII. The extra tiers beyond V refer to what's possible with Fencer+ gear. The gifts are their own thing.

And yes, of course it'll stack with TP bonus gear (though obviously Chango doesn't really come into play here, lol)
[+]
 Asura.Xippy
Server: Asura
user: Xippy
By Asura.Xippy 2021-04-30 07:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, cool, well I was looking at that completely backwards. Yeah, I was just trying to throw in some examples of gear that includes it. Thanks a bunch Kyte!
[+]