Affordable (farm-able) Sets?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Affordable (farm-able) sets?
Affordable (farm-able) sets?
 Bahamut.Keeriyis
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Keeriyis
By Bahamut.Keeriyis 2021-04-25 12:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to build a set for Infernal Scythe and Nightmare Scythe but I'm in a small family LS (3 reg players) that can't do super high end content for BIS (and poor so mercing isn't viable either). I was wondering if someone could point me to the thread if it's already been posted or post their set/suggestions. TIA :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Speedycat
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Speedycat 2021-04-25 12:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

|: < !
[+]
 Asura.Mims
Server: Asura
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2021-04-25 13:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 362773
Shamelessly stole this off the front page of the High End Sets Advice/Suggestions/Ideas/LUA thread. Right now that is around the best realistic option for darkness based magical WS on Drk, but I imagine path B augmented Nyame will overtake it when people start getting real farming going on Bumba V15.

Until then you have plenty of options, probably the cheapest and most self-farmable of them is Oseem augments on Reisenjima gear. I believe you can get MAB augments on both the Valorous and Odyssean armor sets, and now that you can spend Domain Invasion points on both the base armor and the stones, they should be pretty easy to come by.

Outside of those, you really will want to get the pixie hairpin +1 and archon ring shown in the above set as those are key pieces of Drain gear as well. You can also get a Sanctity Necklace from Domain Invasion which does just fine in the neck slot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Keeriyis
By Bahamut.Keeriyis 2021-04-25 16:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha! I can pretty much tweak my Drain set for them. Have the hairpin and ring and we're slowly working our way through the Atonements. Thanks again!
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2021-04-30 16:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mims said: »
[itemset]362773. Right now that is around the best realistic option for darkness based magical WS on Drk, but I imagine path B augmented Nyame will overtake it when people start getting real farming going on Bumba V15.

Ohhuh.. I didn't even think about Nyame for that use.. Now you have me curious as to what kind of numbers it would put out.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-04-30 18:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

A good pair of odyssean feet with MAB/WSDMG should beat those feet for magic WSs, and you'll probably want Moonshade Earring instead of Friomisi since Anguta + Shadow of Death is generally better than using Infernal Scythe.
 Bahamut.Keeriyis
By Bahamut.Keeriyis 2021-05-01 20:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Want to have Infernal available for atk down but that's a good idea for Shadow of death thx!