Movement Speed + For BST?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » movement speed + for BST?
movement speed + for BST?
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2021-02-18 21:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

so. i like beastmaster and i'm slow... the sonic the hedgehog in me is begging for speed. a good deal of jobs have movement speed +18 boots, job abilities/magics that give them a little more maneuverability. BST... pretty much comes down to 3 options. ignoring in town/weather BS,

option 1 Easy: shantoto pants. getting ready/sic -5 and movement speed +8 is a viable optoin but lets face it, %8 is nowhere near enough. and if you have COR. you want that delay... i have cor leveled and can't use that slot.

Option 2 Med: use your ultimate ring from seekers storylines and get the %18 Great! accept... that slot is much better used for the other options available.

Option 3 Hard: well. i wouldn't say hard. but defiantly annoying esp considering with how much R-N-G plays a role in it. there is a pair of boots you can make from salvage. so i started to work on those. i first worked on the salvage 2 upgrade item boots. got those after about 4 runs. and a few alex to boot!
now here comes the real headach... the NQ is comprised of 3 pairs from salvage 1.0. turns out the drop rate is less than %1 according to ffxi DB. fine. ill just TH+ it up and spam them. well. you can only do 1 per earth day of salvage 1.0... soo... WTF WAS SE THINKING! less than %1 drop rate on an event that you can STILL only do once per RL day. oh well. i guess ill just have a slow. BST...

TLDR: BST movement speed options are absolute trash. if anybody knows something i don't please touch me up on it!
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-18 21:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always cheat

The boots aren't entirely horrible to make.
By fillerbunny9 2021-02-18 21:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Salvage drop rates were MASSIVELY buffed, Salvage tags can be purchased once an hour with a Rhapsodies KI (except for entrance to Arrapago Reef, THAT is still once per real world day). Skadi's Jambeaux are a joke to make these days.
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2021-02-18 21:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
Salvage drop rates were MASSIVELY buffed, Salvage tags can be purchased once an hour with a Rhapsodies KI (except for entrance to Arrapago Reef, THAT is still once per real world day). Skadi's Jambeaux are a joke to make these days.
so is it JUST arrapago thats broken? others work once per in game day? don't see how something with less than 1% drop rate and once per RL day access is not an issue.
 Asura.Kronkeykong
By Asura.Kronkeykong 2021-02-18 22:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

TFW everyone says they're a joke and I've done over 40 runs and still don't have Idi's Ledelsens.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-18 22:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not sub 1% drop rate. FFXIDB cannot tell the difference between the Archaic Chariots in Arrapago Remnants 1 and Arrapago Remnants 2; since Arrapago Remnants 2 is done much more often, that VERY GREATLY skews the drop rate downward since the vast majority of kills are the wrong chariot.

If I remember correctly, the drop rate is more like 10%.
By Jetackuu 2021-02-18 22:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said: »
accept
except, and eh, for a person who has multiple characters and had all movement+ and switched, I found myself switching back asap. There's just no other viable option for many jobs. Also: I have the Jam-box, sucks to lose ilvl just for movement+
By Jetackuu 2021-02-18 22:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

so is it JUST arrapago thats broken?
It isn't broken, it's a feature, was changed to combat zone congestion, instead of balancing the zones.
By fillerbunny9 2021-02-18 22:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
so is it JUST arrapago thats broken? others work once per in game day? don't see how something with less than 1% drop rate and once per RL day access is not an issue.

Arrapago is once per real world day, the other three zones are once every hour, and the drop rate is not 1% anymore. they buffed Salvage drops several years ago. Bhaflau Remnants used to be a hellish gauntlet, and now the NM spawn rate is massively high, with a single rampart spitting out NM after NM (instead of "maybe we will see one pop this run!") and the drop is near guaranteed. the level 35 piece from Arrapago is the only real stumbling block, simply because of the lockout.

there is plenty to *** about when it comes to this game, but this is the smallest of small potatoes.
By Jetackuu 2021-02-18 22:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc it took me a couple tries to get it, just make sure you're spawning both chances
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-18 22:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kronkeykong said: »
TFW everyone says they're a joke and I've done over 40 runs and still don't have Idi's Ledelsens.

You could buy Salvage parts from Login points a while ago, that's how many of us made our Skadi's feet. It's not ilvl, though. The SoA ring actually isn't such a bad idea either. Saves you inventory space across jobs and the other rings can pretty much be replaced besides maybe the crafting one. It also doesn't occupy an armor slot since it's an accessory, which makes it usable in kite/idle sets.
By SimonSes 2021-02-18 23:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Kronkeykong said: »

You could buy Salvage parts from Login points a while ago, that's how many of us made our Skadi's feet. It's not ilvl, though. The SoA ring actually isn't such a bad idea either. Saves you inventory space across jobs and the other rings can pretty much be replaced besides maybe the crafting one. It also doesn't occupy an armor slot since it's an accessory, which makes it usable in kite/idle sets.

Crafting ring and Weatherspoon ring. Nothing comes close to 10-11% light affinity for light damage WSs.
By Creecreelo 2021-02-19 00:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish they'd add some ilvl Movement Speed+18% options for jobs that have to rely upon Hermes Sandals, Skadi Feet +1, or Danzo feet still.

At this point in the game's life, I feel like every job should just have ilvl option available for Movement Speed+18% and not feel forced to pick the SoA movement ring for a simple quality of life adjustment.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By CourtsofChoas 2021-02-19 03:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it cheating? Lets be honest every person is running around at high speeds when no ones looking. Square provides a built in warping program that is massively broken and limited. Just do "it" and be honest about "it" set yourself at 18% speed on and forget the speed+ gear and move on to things you enjoy!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-02-19 03:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
I really wish they'd add some ilvl Movement Speed+18% options for jobs that have to rely upon Hermes Sandals, Skadi Feet +1, or Danzo feet still.

At this point in the game's life, I feel like every job should just have ilvl option available for Movement Speed+18% and not feel forced to pick the SoA movement ring for a simple quality of life adjustment.

Agreed that Skadi being non-ilevel is not great, but at least BST and DNC get an 18% non-ilevel piece. It's absolutely absurd that there are still jobs that only get 12% non-ilevel options as the best you can do without SoA reward ring or hacks (MNK WAR SAM WHM BLM PUP SCH etc.) They really couldn't have stuck 18% on AF/Relic +3 piece for these jobs? An Ambu set? Anything?

Special f-you to Ninja, whose AF+3 feet actually DO have dusk-dawn movement speed (+25%), so that was the PERFECT opportunity to just stick +12%/+18% during the day on the AF+2/AF+3 version. But NOPE you gotta keep Danzo and now tote around TWO movement speed pieces for one job. And one of them is a 12% non-ilevel piece. /sigh
By SimonSes 2021-02-19 03:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

CourtsofChoas said: »
Lets be honest every person is running around at high speeds when no ones looking.

Maybe in your cheating friends bubble. From 50 people I know in this game I know ~40 dont use it for sure, ~8 probably dont use it and ~2 probably use it.

Most NA players use gearswap or Ashita, some use ja0 and anchor, but pos hacking and movement hacking is much more rare afaik and mostly (not only ofc) people who RMT use it, because they dont care anyway.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By CourtsofChoas 2021-02-20 19:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what servers you been on but take a trip to asura and tell me that again, And its certainly not just there some of these low man servers are havens for multi-boxers that just wanna play alone. In my opinion if your OK using one add-on and yet not another its kinda a kick in the ones own shorts. i agree most are harmless and even the worst ones truly don't break the game or square would have done something about it long ago. officially i don't know of one add-on on windower or ashita that square supports but yet they allow it because to BAN or remove them is taking away QoL from the game. I never said POS hacking was normal or right or wrong. but i've spent time on a few servers and the one thing im sure about is its more common then you want to admit. might want to /check a lot more people and then ask yourself how they always out run ya with out gear.
By Felgarr 2021-02-20 19:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

A while ago, SE put Salvagd 1.0 armor in the login campaign so I made Skadi feet on all my chars from that.

But you're right OP, it's a shame that movement speed of all things is spread across so many pieces of content for all jobs.

SE should let you trade 10 different movement speed items to an NPC who lets you get +18% permanently.