Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » New DRG lances
New DRG lances
 Asura.Osaia
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Osaia
By Asura.Osaia 2021-02-10 00:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hebo's Spear : DMG:339 Delay:492 MND+30 Accuracy+40 Magic Accuracy+40 Polearm skill +269 Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +269 Weapon skill MND +10% Occasionally absorbs water damage Additional effect: Water damage All Jumps: Recover Wyvern HP Wyvern: "Regen"+5

Ikenga's Lance : DMG:328 Delay:492 STR+15 VIT+15 Accuracy+40 Attack+30 Magic Accuracy+40 Polearm skill +255 Parrying skill +255 Magic Accuracy skill +242 "Triple Attack"+5% Damage taken -5% Wyvern: "Breath" attacks +10

I'm interested in how much HP is restored when a jump is performed. Also, I'm going to guess than WS Mind+10% somehow relates to healing the pet. Thoughts?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-02-10 01:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

MND+10% becomes a mod... Think how UTU grip has DEX+10%

The hell were they thinking honestly. The Lance gets MND, but the sword has STR lol..

The Triple Attack lance looks solid if you don't have Trishula
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-02-11 03:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Either MND is somehow used somewhere else in the DRG kit and we are completely overlooking something that the weapon is trying to get us to do as a niche fun weapon, or it was specifically chosen for balance reasons to not effectively boost WSs to like 90% str mod or from 10%dex with utu to 20% total.

Even then, i feel like it would be more visually appealing with PDL or drg job trait WSD or something. If it was for balance, the MND option just looks so off and weird that it would throw people off, especially with having to compete with other options.
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2021-02-11 03:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

The hell were they thinking honestly. The Lance gets MND, but the sword has STR lol..

Fire = STR, Water = MND. That's how it's always been. Many of these weapons, like Flametongue and Yagyu, are references to older Final Fantasy weapons. The "Hebo" here is referring to the god of the Yellow River (Huang He). Will it be worth it? It *is* a 269 skill weapon and they probably have more planned with these. Who knows.
By Thunderjet 2021-02-11 07:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cordyfox said: »

Fire = STR, Water = MND. That's how it's always been. Many of these weapons, like Flametongue and Yagyu, are references to older Final Fantasy weapons. The "Hebo" here is referring to the god of the Yellow River (Huang He). Will it be worth it? It *is* a 269 skill weapon and they probably have more planned with these. Who knows.

the dark blade is from a newer final fantasy, i was curious where i saw it, i was so confused i thought it would have been crono trigger but it was ff12 which i played last year on ps4.

i remamber making vaan ninja https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Yagyu_Darkblade_(Final_Fantasy_XII)
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-11 08:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless we find something out later, I can't imagine it beating a REMA (Relic not included).
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2021-02-11 09:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Either MND is somehow used somewhere else in the DRG kit and we are completely overlooking something that the weapon is trying to get us to do as a niche fun weapon, or it was specifically chosen for balance reasons to not effectively boost WSs to like 90% str mod or from 10%dex with utu to 20% total.

Even then, i feel like it would be more visually appealing with PDL or drg job trait WSD or something. If it was for balance, the MND option just looks so off and weird that it would throw people off, especially with having to compete with other options.

MND is a modifier for Spirit Link
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-11 10:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
Asura.Cordyfox said: »

the dark blade is from a newer final fantasy, i was curious where i saw it, i was so confused i thought it would have been crono trigger but it was ff12 which i played last year on ps4.

i remamber making vaan ninja https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Yagyu_Darkblade_(Final_Fantasy_XII)

The link you quoted lists Final Fantasy Tactics, which came out in 1997. Yagyu Darkblaade (Darkness as it is called in NA release) is a recurring theme in FF games, it's not new.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-02-11 10:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The link you quoted lists Final Fantasy Tactics, which came out in 1997. Yagyu Darkblaade (Darkness as it is called in NA release) is a recurring theme in FF games, it's not new.
Your not wrong, and I completely with you on this.

BUUUUUUUUT

FFXII was the first time it was used as an actual weapon and not a tossable item.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2021-02-11 10:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

While the new Polearms seem kinda cool, the new drg gear with +Crit hit on everything I’m thinking shinning one is now better than ever.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1072 days between previous and next post]
By rgderen88 2024-01-19 02:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

BUUUUUUUUT

FFXII was the first time it was used as an actual weapon and not a tossable item.

It's literally part of the plot in FFIII, your characters need to weird dark blades for one of the dungeons.
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Server: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2024-01-19 04:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

rgderen88 said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

BUUUUUUUUT

It's literally part of the plot in FFIII, your characters need to weird dark blades for one of the dungeons.
Thank god you shed light on the off-topic part of this almost 3 year old post.
By K123 2024-01-19 04:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he means by the explicit name of Yagyu Darkblade?