Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » error 3001 and 0011
error 3001 and 0011
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Vienner
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Vienner 2021-01-18 05:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

so two days ago i could still play, i've changed nothing in my network or software wise (only thing changed is my son wanted to play battlefront). Now since yesterday i can login, but as soon as i try to zone into reisenjima i get a connection time-out and i get disconnect during the downloading, if then i try to log in i usually am not able to get into the pol's lobby, this on 2 seperate characters (while my other character is able to zone into reisenjima fine, but when i zone with vienner into reisenjima it all gets stuck). Now here's what i tried this far (be aware, i'm not that great with computers).
-did a pol and ffxi filecheck
-reset my router
-attempted to boot vanilla
-made someone else move me away from reisenjima and after this was done i was able to login i even was able to do a dyna event with my ls, but as soon i try go to reisenjima my game dies
-set my router back to factory settings
-checked to see if it was my firewall
any help?
By SimonSes 2021-01-18 06:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Afaik several people had similar problems in couple past weeks. There was a thread about it, but nothing was found to be a consistent fix :( Except usually changing connection to for example wifi from your phone was helping. I have this same issue, but it was on laptop when I was trying to play ffxi during holidays on fresh install. Both wasn't working on wifi from my phone, but I had no problem to zone there with wifi from my wife's phone and we have the same mobile provider...
 Asura.Lobbi
user: Lobby
By Asura.Lobbi 2021-01-18 06:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure the FFXI and pol ports are forwarded properly on your router: see https://portforward.com/final-fantasy-xi/

Also, you can try using a VPN to connect too, sometimes it works.
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-01-18 06:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you able to get into Reisenjima on the same computer with a different character or is it on a different computer you log your other in on?

Most likely issue is it's some kind of file issue, re-install maybe.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2021-01-18 07:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Herbs said: »
Are you able to get into Reisenjima on the same computer with a different character or is it on a different computer you log your other in on?

When my main Vienner was moved back to mhaura, i resetted my router and was able to go to reisenjima on my alt Sugarmuffin, but then i tried to move vienner to reisenjima and from that point sugarmuffin is affected too unless vienner is moved out of reisenjima.

I'm going to try that wifi phone thing see if it does anything.
edit: nope it didnt work. can log my mules in but not my main
By SimonSes 2021-01-18 07:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not file related. There was a big topic about it not so long ago. Many people were able to move different chars to different locations, then switching internet connection was fixing some things, but not others. People were doing fresh installs and nothing worked. Generally everyone think its something fixable until they get affected themselves and feel on their own skin, that nothing works or some things work in completely random manner. Imo its something on side of SE servers actually. It looks like some firewall on their end doing some random things on some connections to some servers, because its generally a problem of game waiting for data from SE and that data is not being received.
[+]
By mynameisgonz 2021-01-18 08:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

if you use a VPN, and try to connect without it then u get this error. If you dont use a VPN, try that.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2021-01-18 08:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah the vpn seems to have fixed it...which is stupid i dont need a vpn for anything else cept to play ffxi.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-18 08:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Imo its something on side of SE servers actually.
This.

Quote:
It looks like some firewall on their end doing some random things on some connections to some servers, because its generally a problem of game waiting for data from SE and that data is not being received.
Don't think it's a firewall, think something about their server flow is leaving an inappropriately long timeout. You fail to zone once organically, and the server leaves something open for 24 hours that will result in attempts from the same IP/account failing to connect.

I've seen it dozens of times over the years(obviously my sample is accentuated by the amount of bots I run), and it almost always goes away after 24 hours or upon changing IP. I don't think there's anything else you can do, and I wouldn't waste your time checking files or messing with your router.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2021-01-18 08:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

anyways thanks all for the help and suggestions, ill check in a couple of days if it works without the VPN.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-18 08:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If a friend can login and move your character than it's not a corrupted issue on your character or on the server, it's on your side.
Oversimplification, and no.

In your place I would just assume it is a corrupted file and try a re-install, file check is very unreliable. I've purposely corrupted files and it did not find it.
A bad file would result in a client side error, not a failure to connect.

If it was a random issue with your router it would happen in any zone and not a specific one or a specific character, you could try disabling your firewall and virus checker and try login, then turn it back on after.
That's not correct, as different zones have different public IP addresses and a router or firewall issue can be specific to one endpoint.

The problem is, a lot of different issues are lumped together. The worst case scenario is a DC during a cut-scene but this isn't the problem Vienner has since someone else can log the character in and move it. If someone else can log-in on that character then you can rule out a lot of things.
Please stop. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [121 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-19 05:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
SimonSes said: »
Imo its something on side of SE servers actually.
This.

Quote:
It looks like some firewall on their end doing some random things on some connections to some servers, because its generally a problem of game waiting for data from SE and that data is not being received.
Don't think it's a firewall, think something about their server flow is leaving an inappropriately long timeout. You fail to zone once organically, and the server leaves something open for 24 hours that will result in attempts from the same IP/account failing to connect.

I've seen it dozens of times over the years(obviously my sample is accentuated by the amount of bots I run), and it almost always goes away after 24 hours or upon changing IP. I don't think there's anything else you can do, and I wouldn't waste your time checking files or messing with your router.
so if i call my ISP and ask them to change my IP that would be the same as useing a VPN then right and it should work
By RadialArcana 2021-05-19 05:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-05-19 07:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Been having this issue as well since yesterday. The oddest part is 1 out of 3 characters has no problem logging in. The rest get this error and can't log in.

I saw in previous posts on ffxiah that you want to change your MAC address and that forces your ISP to give you a new IP
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-05-19 07:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lots of ISPs do it a lot of different ways, i would say changing your MAC almost definitely isn't going to give you a new IP address though
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-05-19 08:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
lots of ISPs do it a lot of different ways, i would say changing your MAC almost definitely isn't going to give you a new IP address though
Lol. I'm pretty sure that won't either. Using a VPN is a good option as well. If that fixes your issue, then it's definitely a routing issue with your ISP. They maybe blocking certain ports etc. It's happened to me a few times out of the year. I turn on my VPN then until they've fixed the issue.
 Bahamut.Aldy
Server: Bahamut
user: Aldy
By Bahamut.Aldy 2021-05-19 08:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hit with this Saturday and yesterday, could get on anything but my main, stuck at downloading data, yada yada.

My USB wifi adapter needs replacing, so I couldn't connect to a hotspot. Changing my router's MAC address still worked to force an IP change from my ISP. I am now back online.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-19 10:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nebohh said: »
Lol. I'm pretty sure that won't either. Using a VPN is a good option as well. If that fixes your issue, then it's definitely a routing issue with your ISP. They maybe blocking certain ports etc. It's happened to me a few times out of the year. I turn on my VPN then until they've fixed the issue.
I am really starting to think this is the case. Cuss everything i do is pointing to the ISP.

but i tryed with my phone again before and now my phone wont work ether. do you think it chould really be my files?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-19 10:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aldy said: »
I was hit with this Saturday and yesterday, could get on anything but my main, stuck at downloading data, yada yada.

My USB wifi adapter needs replacing, so I couldn't connect to a hotspot. Changing my router's MAC address still worked to force an IP change from my ISP. I am now back online.
how do you change the mac address
 Asura.Nebohh
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-05-19 13:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
I am really starting to think this is the case. Cuss everything i do is pointing to the ISP.

but I tried with my phone again before and now my phone wont work ether. Do you think it could really be my files?
I would delete that temp folder with your char name. It won't hurt your char or macros etc. If that doesn't work, then yeah, something on the network end is being blocked.
 Bahamut.Aldy
By Bahamut.Aldy 2021-05-19 13:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorny literally explained it above, and I confirmed that changing your IP still does the trick to get past this. But okay.
 Asura.Nebohh
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-05-19 13:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE is blocking people by MAC address, that's news to me but wouldn't be surprised. Lol.
 Bahamut.Aldy
By Bahamut.Aldy 2021-05-19 13:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE is blocking people by MAC address, that's news to me but wouldn't be surprised. Lol.

No.
 Asura.Nebohh
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-05-19 13:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorny literally explained it above, and I confirmed that changing your IP still does the trick to get past this. But okay.
That's what a VPN does. I just rememeber someone saying using a VPN didn't work for them. This usually works for me so.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-05-19 13:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You just ask your ISP to change your IP?

I currently need a vpn to login/play. If I'm not on a vpn, there are some zones I can't enter etc. It just R0 then dc's me lol
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-19 14:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean i cant change the IP with out VPN and i do not want to keep useing one is my point
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-19 14:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
You just ask your ISP to change your IP?

I currently need a vpn to login/play. If I'm not on a vpn, there are some zones I can't enter etc. It just R0 then dc's me lol
not like that but I did ask them to help and i know its there side thats the problem not me
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-19 14:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
anyone have an ideas that trigger this anyway?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-05-19 14:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »

but I tried with my phone again before and now my phone wont work ether. Do you think it could really be my files?
I would delete that temp folder with your char name. It won't hurt your char or macros etc. If that doesn't work, then yeah, something on the network end is being blocked.
If i delete that folder will i lose my spell order and my item order?

if i wont then i do not mind trying that
First Page 2 3 4 5